Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

I loved that convo, but I didn't believe Danny's side of it for an instant. I always took it that he was trying to sound more flip than he really was. I've never thought Danny would be flip when it came to love--he seems far too insecure and in need of approval for that--but I didn't quite think he'd be spineless either.

2. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Witness

i love that bit, i think he was just trying to sound like a player because at that point there was no Lyndsay on the scene, I dont think he was sounding spineless.

3. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Witness

Hush is one of the best Danny/Aiden episodes, I loved the Jane Parsons in DNA....NOW bit Just his face is so seroius when he says it then they look at each other and laugh, its classic! i recorded it from the TV for my txt message tone, makes me laugh every time.
    I also love the whole;
    Danny: You do the bottom's i'll do the top.
    Aiden: But I like it on top!
    Danny: You getting all freaky on me because we're doing a bondage case???

wicked! :lol:

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

No, I didn't mean he was spineless then--this whole thing with Lindsay, just going back for more no matter how poorly she treats him is what's spineless.

My point above was that I think that supposed fear of love was all talk. Danny's never been a player, at least not from anything we've seen on screen.

5. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I don't think Danny has ever come across as a player. He seems to be a very sexual person, everyone checks him out, but I don't think he is aware of it!! We just had Oedipus Hex here in the UK and he did look genuinely gutted when he turned Nixon Suicide down!!

6. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

^ gutted, regretful and incredibly frustrated. :devil: :lol:
    I'll never understand why he didn't take Nixon Suicide up on her offer. [​IMG]

7. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Me neither but Nixon Suicide would have probably eaten him alive! He looked gutted!

I've done more good fan-girl things and ordered In Enemy Hands and Confessions of a Campus Bookie!
    Has anyone seen them?
    I'll let you know about them when I get to watch them.

8. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Nice job, fan girl. :D I have both of those. "In Enemy Hands" is a really good movie. Sometimes there are movies we watch only out of love for Carmine (*cough*Learning Curve*cough*) and then there are those that are very good movies totally apart from the fact that Carmine is in them. "In Enemy Hands" is one the latter. Carmine actually has more screen time that I expected and he does a nice job with the whole scared POW thing.

"Campus Bookie" is okay. It's a decent story and entertaining to watch. Carmine doesn't see a whole lot of screen time or any character development because he plays a supporting role, but it's definitely worth a watch. I think all fans should see all his work.

9. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Thanks MrsG. In Enemy Hands was quite a find! I got them both for a ridiculously cheap price which was good. My brother saw it a couple of months/years ago and he said it was really good. At least it maybe one I watch with my mother. I won't be watching the Learning Curve with her anytime soon.
    It's good to hear he has alot of screentime on In Enemy Hands. I'm very excited!
    I'm thinking a duvet day is in order when the DVD's arrive and I can have a Carmine DVD marathon.
    I don't think there are many more movies to buy apart from Terror Tract and the Hollywood Screen Kiss one. I think anyway if anyone knows of anymore please let me know!!

10. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Witness

Ahh I get you sorry misunderstanding there, I am totally gutted every Saturday night I have missed all the new season of NY and they never show it in the week like the do LV and Miami, (V Frustrating!) However I will be scouting HMV for copies of The learning curve and in enemy hands.

Stoopid question, whats the name of that other movie he's in?? it sounds like billy madisons long kiss but i know thats totally wrong!

11. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

The movie is called Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss. I think that is the one you mean.

12. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

only Carmine movie I've seen is the Learning Curve. I found it in a box of DVDs at Walmart that were selling for $5. He was okay in it, but I know why it was in the 'bargin bin' so to speak, I have been trying to find some of his other movies, though

13. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

^ Most of his movies are available through Amazon. The one exception in the US being "No Way Home." If you don't feel like buying them before you know whether you like them, Netflix is a great source for renting the harder to find stuff.

14. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

He is in the movie "Players." You can rent it at Blockbuster (here in Canada anyway). I actually haven't seen it yet but he is one of the main characters in it. Has anyone seen it yet?? If you go on YouTube and type in Carmine Giovinazzo you can watch a preview of the movie. Or I believe the movie has a website.

15. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Fallen Arches is one of his movies that he did that was actually quite enjoyable to watch. He had great chemistry with the actors who played both his mom and brother and although it was a naff storyline, he had very convincing scenes in it. Probably the best of his movies that I've seen. Still wating patiently for In Enemy Hands and Confessions to arrive!

ETA: Just edited to change the name of the movie that I meant!!