TalkCSI LPS #1: Challenge 7 - Texture - FINAL RESULTS UP!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wibble, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Re: TalkCSI LPS #1: Challenge 6 - Pink, Purple or White

Calling for me, dear? :p

03. The colours are in "same level". I mean the pink doesn't come up. Perhaps lighter blue and green would have faded to the background but now those have really strong shade and those pop up as well as the pink object in the middle and the pink object doesn't come up as "main focus"

05. Focus is in the flowers but the "blurry" part, the pixels bother me.

01. Top is overexposed

2. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Here I am too! Since there just 5 photos I voted for all :p wibble just can count the first three... :lol:

03: The subject does not come out at front. The heavy blue and green colours take control of the photo. The laces are layed down over the shoes itself making a void in the shoes. It is really important to put down a object the best way to make the photograph interesting for others. Also try to give it some thought to make an effert to find a good place to place the object, in this case the shoes!

04: It looks like there was a flash used. Or the lighting is off. The flowe has this weird kind of purple over it leaves wwhich makes it hard for me to look at. Because the second layer of leaves are brigther which make me look at them and that makes the composition being wrong. That results in a mind breaking thing which will not result in a good thing with viewers.

02: The photograph is clearly overexposed. You don;t see the middle of the flowers clearly. Next time try to make the shutter time a little shorter and you'll see the white lines. Also an adjustment to the whitebalance might help! Positive: The black background really makes the flower come to the front! It makes the subject more clear!

The next to are in generall just great in my humble opionion just nitpicker things:

05: The photograph is great to. Only the bright top of the photo takes some attention but not yet disturbing. The lighting also creates that white border on the photographs which is in this case nice to look at! Great play with the diapraghm in this case. Especially since the green leaves at the back add something to this photograph but still makes the subject loud and clear!

01: I think this is a great photo! The overexposed top actually makes a effect to this photograph. It makes the flower have white borders. In this photo that is deffenilty allowed and it adds something to the photograph! Well Done! Subject is clearly present in the photograph! The only thing I could say about it that it have had more contrast in it. Make the pink a little pinker. I think it would be more pleasant for a viewer to watch the photograph.

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I just want to say that all these photos are beautiful! It's very difficult to pick any fault, but as this is what the LPS is all about, here goes:

1: Over exposed, which seems to distort the colour making it very bright. The subject is maybe too close to the camera too - or the zoom is too close.

5: Slightly too bright - the background seems very bright and white, and maybe the photo has been taken a little too close to the flower again.

3: Very nice, original idea, but there is something about the composition that doesn't quite work. Possibly the subtlety of the pink against the very bold green and blue (but that could also be seen as a good thing in terms of the subject matter).

4. wibble

wibble Corpse

Challenge 6 - RESULTS

We must now say goodbye to two more photographers:

Pink, Purple or White 01 by grissoms_gurl and Pink, Purple or White 03 by Macayla

Thanks for taking part. Hope you both had fun and will join again in the next LPS :)

Mod's Choice

[​IMG]

I really like how the clarity of this photo brings out the beautiful colours and patterns of the flowers. Also, the angle prevents the image from looking flat. Nice job, Erica! :)

Tally:

01: 27
    02: 18
    03: 27
    04: 5
    05: 13

Note: The final round will go up either this evening or some time tomorrow. There will not be a mod's choice for this round, as the 3 people left will be announced as the Last Photographers Standing.

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Sorry to see you go grissoms_gurl and Macayla that was a very tough round to vote in. Congrats on the mods choice Ericasj, that is a lovely pic. :)

I can't believe I am still in it, mine was #2.

eta: having re-read the post I get how the next round is the last one and that there are still 5 people left in it. :) ;) So I've removed my confusing question.

6. Bev

Bev Pathologist

I'm sorry to see Grissoms_Gurl and Macayla leave. It was a tough competition this time.

Congratulations Erica. Great image!

Hmm, I wonder how hard the next one will be?

7. Macayla

Macayla Captain

I saw this coming, I was already suprised that I was in here this long :lol:
    Well... atleast I didn't photograph a flower :p :lol: jk

Congrats with the mod's choice erica :)

8. csi_fan_uk

csi_fan_uk Police Officer

Congrats on your Mod's choice award EricaSJ! Beautiful photo. :D

Commiserations to Macayla and Grissom's_gurl :(

Final round! This fills me with hope - I've made it this far! And also dread because I cannot imagine what evil theme that you're going to give us wibble! ;) I'm sure it's gonna be fun though!

9. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Congratulations Erica! :)

10. ineverysunflower

ineverysunflower Coroner

Congrats Erica! Can't wait for the final challenge- good luck to everyone!

11. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Congrats to EricaSJ! Sorry to see Macayla and Grissom's_gurl go...

@ wibble. next round has 5 competitors right? two with that used their free pass...!?!? Already last round though?

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Oh wow. Thanks lol. I didn't expect to get picked by the mod. :lol: Sorry to see you go, Macayla and Grissom's_gurl. I really, really loved the rose. :(

Thanks Bluecurl for your comment on my photo. You totally caught what I was having in mind when I decided to submit it. To those who were bothered by the pixels, I think they were caused by the resizing because they aren't on my original photo. I'll be more careful next time. ;)

Now I wonder how wibble's going to torture us for the next round. lol.

13. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Your welcome! Nicely done really!

And I haven;t read all posts with voting but if people voted for you because those pixels because of rezising it is lame. That has nothing to do with the quality of the photograph you have taken!

14. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

Great job everyone!! I've had a blast! Good luck to the rest!

15. wibble

wibble Corpse

Regarding the question about the final challenge, yes there are 5 people left, but there will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for this and not just 1. So 2 people will be eliminated after this round, leaving the 3 winners.

CHALLENGE 7 - Texture

Please note - I've been having major internet problems over the past 24 hours or so. It's still not fixed properly, and I've yet to figure out what's wrong exactly. So if you send me an entry, and you don't get a PM back a for a while, then please don't worry :)

Here are the rules:

[1] It's entirely up to you how you interpret this theme. You can enter a photo of whatever you think best reflects ‘texture’in your opinion. However, I advise not to enter something that is so abstract that it has very little or no bearing on the theme at all.

[2] Your entry must not exceed 600x480 pixels in size. If it does, I will ask you to re-size it.

[3] Please do not post your entry here – this competition is an anonymous one.

[4] Please send the URL to your entry to me, wibble, by PM.

[5] The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet. It is a very sad and unfair thing to do.

[6] The photograph must NOT be manipulated in any way using Photoshop or any other such programme. This competition is about how good a photograph you can take, not about what you can do with an image using Photoshop, etc. That is what the Fan Art forum is for.

[7] You have until 10 p.m. Friday 9th March to submit your entry.

Happy snapping! :D