Would you become a CSI?

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by kateangel, Feb 26, 2007.

1. chelseagirl

chelseagirl Victim

I think its interesting stuff. I would consider it but im not sure what I want to do yet.

2. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

In a heartbeat. In fact, I've wanted to be a forensic scientist since long before (four years) I started watching CSI, and I still plan to do so.

3. Forensics_annie

Forensics_annie Witness

im still in high school and i am looking for colleges for forensic science. i cant wait.

4. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

I only actually found out about Forensics when I started watching CSI but I was like 8.... when I started. I think. Some young age when I knew nothing. But I havea more than certain feeling that I am going to be either a teacher, doctor or scientist. (Dad= doctor. Mom= Teacher) And Science can be in both. And since I am sort of expected to become a doctor. I most probably will unless my brother does it first....

Oh, I agree that it would be REALLY different in real life but this is TV here people! They have to make it look good! So, it will be a helluva lot different.

But I do think that tehre is a major point to how un real the show is. In some instances.

Kate.

5. BlueStarlight

BlueStarlight Rookie

I would like to be CSI, and I think that I would be good... but instead I’m close to becoming lawyer… well if I become judge I still can nail bad guys!

6. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

I find forensics interesting but I honestly don't think I could do it. I just don't think my brain works like that. With my current major I'm more likely to become a producer of a CSI-like show than to become a real CSI. :)

7. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Well. I'm not surprised really. In this time....yeah i'm not surprised.

Really? Are you serious? When you say scene, do you mean the people who clear the bodies or for like the CSI's?

Who said they are in the CSI shows? :lol:

Well, i hope you can continue sometime. Maybe PM me if you want. :)

I already am. :D Not a CSI, but in college taking all the courses that you need to become a CSI.

8. Forensics_annie

Forensics_annie Witness

i dont think i missed much...i love this thread. it shows how much people really appriciate a real crime solveing situation.

9. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

I would probably only become one if I could work with Greg 99.9.100% of the time.......another weird moment for me
    :lol: :lol:

10. agent_xxx

agent_xxx Victim

i am interested.... Let me know more. I can see that everyone else is to. so tell me

11. agent_xxx

agent_xxx Victim

i take that back. I would do it. I have the heart. and mind for it

12. csimiamiadict

csimiamiadict Hit and Run

truthfully, i'm considering going to colledge to be a csi.it would be so awesome.

13. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I've always wanted to work in forensics, and so when I do look for colleges I am going to take law enforcement and forensics classes. I do have a long way to go- looking at high schools for next year, but I've already started getting signatures for a forensics class at my top choice HS. :D My dream is to be a CSI, even though it's not at all as glamorous as they make it seem- the labs are older and look like labs from shows like Cold Case Files and Unsolved Myseries, and yes, you wear ugly labcoats (okay, sexy labcoats) and jumpsuits (the CSIs have worn the jumpsuits- H in 'Losing Face' and such) and such. You probably won't meet someone like Horatio or Speed or any of the CSI characters, but I still think that working to solve crimes and help people would be a dream come true.
    Also, agent_xxx, your banner is too large, although it's very nice. :D In the rules they tell you how big banners can be. :)

14. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Yeah, agent xxx your banners HUGE and you double posted. *worried look* HIDE! The Feds!! (Mods) *ducks behind Lilly*

15. agent_xxx

agent_xxx Victim

uh-huh. so your point in writing this to me was.