Jokes Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by glam_chic86, Oct 30, 2005.

1. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I lvoe the first and the third pic, Hormiga! :lol: Those are just cool.

2. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

Two alternatives of one joke:

"You´re doin´ kung-fu?"
    "No"
    "You´re doin´ karate?"
    "No"
    "You´re doin´ judo?"
    "No"
    "Fine. Hands up!"

"Excuse me, can you tell me the way to the next police-station?"
    "No."
    "Bad luck. Hands up!"

3. Calihan

Calihan Captain

The Four Ghosts of the White House

One night, George W. Bush is tossing restlessly in his White House bed. He awakens to see George Washington standing by him Bush asks him, "George, what''s the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Set an honest and honorable example, just as I did," Washington advises, and then fades away...

The next night, Bush is astir again, and sees the ghost of Thomas Jefferson moving through the darkened bedroom. Bush calls out, "Tom, please! What is the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Respect the Constitution, as I did," Jefferson advises, and dims from sight...

The third night sleep still does not come for Bush. He awakens to see the ghost of FDR hovering over his bed. Bush whispers, "Franklin, What is the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Help the less fortunate, just as I did," FDR replies and fades into the mist...

Bush isn''t sleeping well the fourth night when he sees another figure moving in the shadows. It is the ghost of Abraham Lincoln. Bush pleads, "Abe, what is the best thing I can do right now to help the country?"

Lincoln replies, "Go see a play."

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

How does a blonde turn the lights on after sex?

She opens the car door :devil:

5. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Is it allowed to post funny pics as well?

Well...something short for now..

What do you call a deer with no eyes?
    I have no-eye-deer!

:lol:

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

^^^ :lol:

Man, that's well funny. I'm probably laughing a lot more than I should be, but I've never heard that joke before. :lol:

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

On that note, what do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros?

v
    v
    v
    v
    v

Elephino (Hell if I know)

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Know any of these people?

A magazine recently ran a "Dilbert Quotes" contest. They were looking for people to submit quotes from their real-life Dilbert-type managers. These were voted the top ten quotes in corporate America:

"As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, and employees will receive their cards in two weeks." (This was the winning quote from Fred Dales, Microsoft Corp. in Redmond WA)

"What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter." (Lykes Lines Shipping)

"E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be used only for company business." (Accounting manager, Electric Boat Company)

"This project is so important we can't let things that are more important interfere with it." (Advertising/Marketing manager, United Parcel Service)

"Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule." (Plant Manager, Delco Corporation)

"No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months. Now go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them." (R&D supervisor, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing/3M Corp.)

Quote from the Boss: "Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say." (Marketing executive, Citrix Corporation (or Rock-Tenn Knoxville Folding)

My sister passed away and her funeral was scheduled for Monday. When I told my Boss, he said she died on purpose so that I would have to miss work on the busiest day of the year. He then asked if we could change her burial to Friday. He said, "That would be better for me." (Shipping executive, FTD Florists)

"We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)

9. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

:lol: I think I know all of them.

10. csifool

csifool Hit and Run

This isn't a joke but it has to do with jokes... do other countries make jokes about the US? Americans make jokes about other countries all the time. I was just wondering what other countries are saying about americans. do they have jokes like "...so I says to the guy: that's not an American, that's my wife..."?

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Those are all really funny Dynamo1, those all sound like something my (ex)boss would say, maybe that's why I'm their boss now :lol:

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i just read this one and thought it was great:

A wealthy old lady decides to go on a photo safari in Africa, taking her poodle along for company.

One day the poodle starts chasing butterflies and before long, discovers that he's lost. Wandering about, he notices a hungry-looking leopard heading rapidly in his direction.

The poodle thinks, "Oh, oh!" Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap, the poodle exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more around here?"

Hearing this, the leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. "Whew!", says the leopard, "That was close! That poodle nearly had me!"

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So off he goes, but the poodle sees him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up. The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.

The leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here, monkey, hop on my back so you can watch me chew that poodle to bits!"

Now, the poodle sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, "What am I going to do now?", but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and waits until they get just close enough to hear.

"Where's that damn monkey?" the poodle says, "I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!"

csifool heres a joke about americans for you:

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for 6 days. Eventually Michael the Archangel found him, resting on the 7th day.

He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards, through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it EARTH and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing to the different parts of EARTH, "For example, Northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while Southern Europe is going to be poor. Over there, I've placed a continent of white people, and over there is a continent of black people." God continued, pointing to different countries, "This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a large landmass in the top corner and asked, "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God, "That's Canada, the most glorious place on EARTH. There's beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, streams and an exquisite coast-line. The people from Canada are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found traveling the world. They'll be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about balance, God? You said there will be balance?"

God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the loud-mouth bastards I'm putting next to them."

13. csifool

csifool Hit and Run

BURN!! I'm sorry i couldn't resist even if the joke was about me. Kudos, that was a good one.

14. liz19

liz19 Dead on Arrival

Two nuns and Mother Superior are at the Pearly Gates
    St Peter says "before I can let you in, you will have to answer a simple question"
    St Peter:What were the names of the first man and woman"
    1st nun: Adam and Eve
    St Peter; correct you're in
    St Peter:What was the name of the place where they met
    2nd nun:The garden of eden
    St Peter: correct you're in
    Then he turned to the Mother Superior and said i'm afaid your question will be a little more difficult
    St Peter:what were the first words Eve said when she saw Adam
    Mother Superior: ooh thats a hard one
    St Peter:correct you're in

15. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

^lol liz. :cool:

A pitty I only know german jokes. Guess they would lack humor after translation. :(