New Carmine Giovinazzo Fan Project: Get The Man An Emmy

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

As much effort as we're putting into this project, I'm not sure we've chosen the right season to promote Carmine and Danny.

I may still be depressed over the last episode, but if this is the direction his character is taking I'd say that "Raising Shane" aside there's not much Emmy material this year... :(

2. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

I'll be honest and fully admit that this is not the right season for this project. The reason I decided to pursue it is simply that it was inspired by an Emmy related email to Carmine during last years Emmy campaign period , when CBS truly did drop the ball in my opinion. "Run Silent, Run Deep" had Emmy written all over it. This project was hatched at that time and I'm true to my word. Of course, there was no way to anticipate the sucktude of this season. But that's not Carmine's fault and showing support for his work is always a positive thing. At a minimum, perhaps CBS will realize the depth of support he has from his fans and will give the show and his work some well-deserved recognition. Even if not at Emmy time, perhaps during the rest of the season.

3. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Oh, absolutely.

My comment was not directed at you, I was just complaining about the 'suckitude' of the season, as you brilliantly put it.

I did write my two letters, tried to promote it and convinced a few friends to do the same, and all for Carmine, because especially this season he needs our support. It -is- a pleasure to be part of this, I'm just afraid it won't end like we hoped it would.

4. peanut

peanut Prime Suspect

^^Oh, I know...I put in my letter about a month ago, but I-like you-don't know if it will do any good.
    This season hasn't been real great as far as emmy nominations go...

5. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

All too sad but true. There was no way of anticipating it.

When MrsG hatched this project there was hope that a more viable episode was in the offing after the Christmas hiatus ... something akin to OTJ or RSRD, something that had some decent room for Carmine to move in, but nothing eventuated there so Raising Shane had to remain as the episode to concentrate on.

Yes. We gave it our all, and no matter what the outcome is the fact remains that a huge amount of people pitched in and showed fantastic support for the guy.

Yes :) At a minimum. Maybe NEXT year there will be something they can latch on to focus on for nomination time.

You know, this is all starting to sound very defeatist. Carmine may not win an Emmy, he may not even end up being nominated ... but if he is then that in itself is fantastic exposure. If he isn't, then I'm sure he has to be firmly in the network's sights after this, and Carmine knows there are a lot of people out there supporting his work. That's a GOOD thing :)

6. MrsGiovinazzo

These past few posts in here have sounded defeatist. It'll be a while before we know what episodes CBS submits and see how their campaign unfolds. The fact that we don't think this has been a good season so far isn't indicative of what CBS thinks. Afterall, these are the people that think the Danny / Lindsay storyline is a good idea. :lol: But seriously, the show's ratings have never been better and CBS may decide to put some money and effort into lobbying for an Emmy for one of their stars.

7. peanut

peanut Prime Suspect

^^ah, thanks MrsG for bringing my spirits back up a little! U made me realize, that hey! if the ratings R up, then there still might be a chance!! :)

8. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

I don't know the episodes of season 3, I haven't seen them. But as you are saying the ratings are not bad at all, than maybe we have a chance...i mean, not we, but him...anyway, even though CBS may not submit any episodes in order to get Carmine an emmy, at least they got o know what fans think about what they have been doing with CSI:NY, and therefore the lack of support is not really apreciated. I think they at least might have understood through your amazing letters that people like him and the series as much or even more than other series, and that we truly think they should give atention to that! That if this made any sense, anyway :p

9. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

That's what I think, too. In my opinion CBS won't do anything just because of our letters. It can be 100 or 1000...

10. crankyjules

^ But the point is we tried and have showed our support in the process.

And lets try and keep it positive if we can? :)

"You get what you put out to the universe". "Thought is creation" etc etc, if you believe in that sort of stuff.

I mean we can be realistic about expectations, but I'd hate to see this end up as a "what was the point" discussion. :)

11. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

That's the most important thing. If Carmine gets the Emmy or not, we showed that we support him and CSI NY.

We can hope that our project help him but we should not expect too much. That's what i think personally

12. MrsGiovinazzo

Dittos this post in its entirety.

I'm sure this out pouring of fan support has at least gotten Carmine on the radars of some of the CBS execs. Whether they act on our input or not, even if just once during a meeting of the big wigs, one of them says, "Hey, we've been getting a lot of letters about this Giovinazzo guy" that's a great thing. It will get them thinking about him and about the show.

13. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I can't believe some of the things I've read. Are we really fair-weather fans? We need to suck it up for the man. He's probably not happy about the way the season's going; maybe he is. He works with what he's given to create the most organic acting experience for the character.

We all love the numerous projects he's been associated with. Now's not the time to throw in the towel (unless he's wearing it, right MrsG :devil:.

I'm not going to post my letter, because I don't thing it's the time. We need to boost our spirits. How, I don't know. But we really need some spirits lifted, and soon.

14. MrsGiovinazzo

I don't think any of his fans are fair weather fans. Sure a contingent of them don't like the direction his character has taken this season, but no one faults Carmine for that or thinks his acting is anything less than fantastic. To say the material so far this season hasn't necessarily been Emmy caliber isn't an insult to Carmine. He brilliantly performs whatever is written for his character.

15. crankyjules

^ Hear hear MrsG

And um, what she said :p Because we share a brain and it's always the way (ditto posting that is). :lol: