Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Witness

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

I love the whole relationship between mac and danny there both so different, i think Mac being so intense is sometimes a bit hard on danny who gets so involved in the cases emotionaly, i think its because he comes from NY and he knows the rough side of it.

I still believe the best partnership was Danny and Aden I really loved that charecter they were awesome together!

2. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

^ Danny and Aidan were fantastic together! Great chemistry with a fun sexy little teasing that seemed to come naturally. None of the forced attraction we're forced to endure now.

3. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

^ I miss Aiden too. I'm not an either/or person ... I'm not one of the ones who detest Lindsay because she took Aiden's place ( :rolleyes:) but the difference between Danny & Aiden's chemistry and the total lack of it with Lindsay is enormous. They played off each other so well. They were a delight to watch together.

[​IMG] Why oh why did she have to go? :(

4. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

I find myself longing for Aiden also. Those two were so NY-Don't-you-be-lookin-at-me-like-that-I'll-snap-your-chicken-legs-in-half. They were great together and the chemistry was just there. That chemistry didn't need to to be written for them, it just happened.

The one scene that stands out in my mind for the both of them was the Hush one, where they posed as the married couple and Danny puts his arm around Aiden. That was so freaking GREAT!

5. crankyjules

^ ah yes, delightful :D

Others to fondly remember: the banter while they were checking out the massage parlour. And of course we can't forget the infamous "I'm way out of your league, Messer".

(sigh) Memories ....

6. MrsGiovinazzo

That's my favorite. Hey, can you imagine Lindsay saying that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I always loved the way those two bounced off of each other, and I loved the flirty behavior without thinking that they'd actually start dating. I miss the character, but Vanessa wanted to leave, so it's pointless to wish she hadn't. :( (Although it's hard not to think that we'd have Aiden instead of Lindsay on the show...) But she has nothing to do with my feelings about Lindsay herself...

I hope that we see more of the Mac-Danny dynamic this season, and see them butting heads over something, but I'm not holding my breath.

8. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

AWWW you guys are really making me miss Aiden :( Her spunk and the fact that she takes no sh** from anyone rocked!

Aiden and Danny had real chemistry on-screen and off-screen (Vanessa and Carmine) and they played it up beautifully.

9. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

OH! I remember "I'm way outta your league, Messer."! There had to have been other times too.

They just had a really great, no strings attached friends relationship that allowed easy conversation. I used to love watching them working in the lab. One of my favorites was,

"What's up with Rambo in the ME's office? He psycho or what?"

"I dunno. But he got blood all over me."

There was just something about that scene that I still love. It might be Danny feeling he can confide in Aiden about something that squicked him out, that he wouldn't be able to say to Flack or Mac about because it might be damning to his manhood or maybe it was Aiden's little smile after he says it. Whatever it was, it made for a great little moment between them.

10. MrsGiovinazzo

^ I remember that little moment. Feeling all nostalgic now. That was really cute and it did show that Danny could confide in Aidan in a way he might not be able to with Mac or Flack. Good point.

11. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Don't you just feel like dusting off S1 dvd's and watching them now? :D I kinda feel like a little Hush tonight.

12. Faylinn

The only thing I hate about watching season 1 is that I know all of the cases by heart--that's not a bad thing, it's just...there's nothing new to see. :(

I loved Danny in season 1. Well, to be honest, at first I couldn't stand him--but he grew on me. :p

13. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Hey now--enough of that hate speech. :p

And you can always find something new to look for. Example: This morning, I read on Wikipedia that the train announcer in the S2 episode, Grand Murder at Central Station was Carmine. He wasn't credited for it, and at first, when I read it, I was like, "No way. I would have noticed that." But, I went to put it in quick and lo and behold, I'll be damned if it isn't him! Well, I'm pretty sure it is him. If it isn't, they've got someone who sounds just like him over there. :lol:

14. Faylinn

Yeah, but that's season 2. :lol: I'm not sure there's much I haven't seen from season 1. :p

As for the 'hate speech'--well, I couldn't help it! :lol: When I heard that one of the characters was leaving, I was hoping it would be either him or Aiden--and now I adore both characters and don't know why I felt that way. :lol: It just goes to show how your preferences can change--I'd love to have that Danny back. Even though he's still on the show, we still lost some of what made him Danny. :(

15. crankyjules

YES!!! I was thinking exactly that. In fact ... this afternoon I think I will. Yes. Starting from disc 1. Marathon in order to wipe out the atrocities I saw this week. :D