Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I was wondering where I had seen that particular scene before. Thank you, Faylinn, for clearing that up and reminding me that Harry Potter movies handle teenaged romance better than the writers of CSI:NY. The Bulgarian Bon-Bon and his poor mastery of English would be an acceptable substitute for She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Well, I find myself having to agree with you. However, I may never be able to watch that movie the same way again, now that you've put those thoughts in my head. Which is really a pitty because it's my favorite of the HP books as well.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ah, sorry about that. :eek: It also didn't help that Emma Watson reminds me a bit of Anna Belknap...But I still enjoyed the movie--I mean hey, these are kids. I can chuckle at the stuff in the HP movies. I don't want to be chuckling at CSI:NY, even if I found this stuff worth a chuckle, which I don't--it just generally makes me want to see what it's like to get drunk.

Besides, the HP books are better than the movies anyway, if you ask me. :lol:

Well, I think it makes things easier when you're writing for teenagers. Of course, that could just be me with one of my crazy ideas.

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

:lol: It's okay, I'm sure I'll get over it. And the books are better.

This whole D/L thing bores me, really. It's just... blah. I also think that the two actors don't have any chemistry together at all, which makes the whole thing more difficult to believe. Besides, if I can't have Danny...

5. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

Three times I have written a reply to this and each time had it stuff up ... just to had to the aaarggh-ness [​IMG]

Yes indeed great posts. As were yours, MrsG, JDonne's and Top's. Thanks for the laughs. I would otherwise be crying in my coffee and I haven't even seen the episode yet.

I have much I wish to say to the writers myself, yes indeed. Most of which is not fit for publication on this thread as I'm sure I read somewhere we are supposed to refrain from insulting them. Believe me when I tell you that the absolute politest of terms I can attribute to them right now are 'character-assasinators' 'maturity-bigots', 'intelligence-insulters' and 'cheesy-sellouts'.

I simply do not have the time (or energy for that matter) at the moment to devote to a well-considered crankyrant. I have a job application I need to get off post haste. I suggest the writers should work on same.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

6. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Might I suggest they begin their search at networks that welcome their cutting-edge approach to romance. Networks that branch out into the fresh and the new, much as the CSI:NY writers do -- the WB, CW, and Lifetime are a few that spring immediately to mind.

7. Faylinn

Dear writers,

Did you, uh, forget a few things in "Sleight Out of Hand," perhaps? I know that there are time constraints and all, but that trial was very unsatisfying. Why did Daniel Whoever-he-was kill the girls? Why did it take so long to catch him? Just how old was Lindsay when it happened?

I mean, is this stuff that you're planning on sharing later, or did it just not seem worth coming up with to dot the Is and cross the Ts of this bit of backstory for Lindsay? Overall it seemed rather rushed.

Hoping that you don't treat all character storylines in such a half-assed way,
    -Fay

P.S. Oh, and if you could give Flack and Hawkes more banter, I'd be happy as can be. :)

8. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Dear writers,

please share your thoughts. Tell me what potential you see in this Danny/Lindsay storyline that apparently me and quite a few other fangirls just can't see.

Convince me that it's a wise move not to develop Lindsay's character in any other way or steal Danny's attention from other, more compelling storylines that have been totally ignored this season.

I don't know what you've planned for the future of these characters but I do have an open mind so if this can really lead to something good then I'll gladly admit I was wrong.

I need to know before I really start to lose interest in this show.

Sincerely,
    a disappointed fan

9. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Since we are in the subject of Harry Potter, let me just say that Oliver Wood's romance with the Quidditch House Cup is more engaging than the One Tree Hill spin-off the writers are running over here. Oh, my bad.... It's the CSI: Crime Scene Investigation spin-off, I mean. I sorta forgot about the forensics part.

*I have a picture of Cho Chang and Harry kissing, you want?*

Dear Writers,

There are vacancies in the teen literature department of our high school monthly paper. Any takers?

By the way, Mister and Missus Messer would want to extend this message that Danny's funeral and burial expenses will be on your tab.

Thank you.

10. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now there's something I wouldn't mind being privy to. Good one, Orison :lol: :lol:

11. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Interesting points. Yeah, I'm interested on hearing what the writers would say -- their explanations on why the stories veered off to this highway. Would they put it on the DVD? A commentary on "Sleight of Hand" maybe? That would be interesting.

But truthfully, I don't think they give a rat's ass on what we're saying over here with regards to the show. To them, we're just numbers on a table (blame this negativity to my MassComm classes last semester). I doubt if they have time to read material other than Sweet Valley High and Seventeen.

12. MrsGiovinazzo

Dear Writers,

I wasn't going to mention the trial, but now that someone else has -- perhaps you could spend a morning down at your local courthouse observing. Was the killer's attorney sleeping, or was that role simply not cast? Lindsay's "emotional" little tale and, more specifically, the questions that preceeded it were objectionable. Rule #1 of direct witness examination: no questions that call for a narrative response.

Happy to do your homework for you anytime.

Mrs. G

13. Faylinn

Ah, MrsG, excellent point--I don't have a clue what goes on during a murder trial, but I guess the writers were counting on that...

Heh, I've seen those pictures. I made a series of comments on "OotP" pics on my LJ, including the fact that I'm sure that scene will be far longer than it needs to be, and with music and all that jazz--and I'll be torn between laughing and feeling like a dirty peeping tom.

But why do I get the feeling I'll feel the same way when/if Danny and Lindsay make out on screen? :rolleyes:

14. MrsGiovinazzo

If Danny and Lindsay make out on screen, I'm gonna f-ing gag and then turn the channel. This show is supposed to be about evidence and crime solving. Swapping saliva will only contaminate the evidence ... not to mention the viewers.

15. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

so are you opposed to any couples on CSI NY ever making out or does that just apply to D/L?
    I wouldn't mind a Flack/Stella makeout :devil: but I know that won't happen so I'm not getting my hopes up :p but ya I too prefer the action scenes to the relationship drama scenes