CSI NY The Forgotten Child

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Fan123, Nov 25, 2006.

1. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

Yep. Exactly my point. :)

2. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

Sorry to disappoint you Crankyjules but channel nine here in Australia actually started airing adds late last year for the return of all their shows. When you started the thread for - calling all Australians - I mentioned then that the adds were airing and that all 3 CSI's were returning. Then this year they started showing a trifecta add - advertising all 3 shows in the one add - back in January, and it would mention that New York was back Monday, whatever date it was.
    Vegas returned on a Sunday night with a double ep and the week after (Sunday just gone) Miami returned with Horatio and Eric going to Brazil. Tuesday nights are repeats of Vegas which apparently still rate well on that night and have done for years.
    Problem is they took New York off for 2 weeks for the Oscars last Monday night but it's back this week with "Charge of this Post" so hopefully that means we get season 3 in just over a week. :D Can't wait.

But over all New York actually got more promotion because it came back first. I watch a lot of channel nine so I saw the adds more, another problem, Dickhead Eddie took off Young and the Restless instead of crap shit Days of our
    lives because after 40 years of dealing with CBS, negotiations broke down. We're lucky we still get CSI anything :eek: :mad: :(

3. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

^ That may have been the case in Adelaide, Tiara4Carmine, but it wasn't up here. Now I'm not glued to the tv day and night so I'm not going to catch every single ad, true, but the fact still remains they treated the series in a shoddy way last year and it remains to see what will happen this year. And there was a definite lack of advertising here.

I believe they took NY off for only one week, last week, for the Oscars and will be back again this coming Monday with COTP.

4. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

^^^ They did take it off for one week, but I meant that it's gone for two weeks overall.
    And yes they did treat it shoddily, let's hope they run the full season this year instead of cutting it off like last year and treating it like crap. Last year we went without for 3 months and that was bad. Can't really blame Eddie here in Adelaide, channel nine is owned by someone else, but we seem to follow the same routine as all the others.
    And that sucks arse. :lol:

5. pixies

pixies Prime Suspect

just poppin in to say the new vegas season has started in ireland and has an ad all to itself while NY and Miami are lumped together and NY still only halfway through season 2! pah!! :mad:

6. Yoko

Yoko Dead on Arrival

Hi everyone

I'm surprised to find this thread.
    Recently DVD box of CSI:NY1 was released in Japan, and I saw much more cm on TV than LV or Miami! Miami1 box was released a year before, but didn't know about it until I went to shop and saw the packages.

CSI:NY2 is now being aired on WOWOW, and every week an extra footage of cast interview is aired after the show.
    Extra footages of Vegas and Miami were aired too, but not EVERY week!
    I think NY is treated much better than the other two in Japan.

By the way, the interview is distributed online.
    Go to http://www.wowow.co.jp/drama/csi/ny2/index.html
    and click the numbers below "Inside CSI:NY" on the lower right. :)

7. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

That's interesting. I've never heard that said of any country. Good to know NY is getting the love somewhere.

I love that little clip because here in the US we don't get the opportunity to view any of the segments with the foreign language voice over. Something about seeing the familiar characters, but hearing these unfamiliar voices come out of their mouths speaking a language I don't understand amuses me.

8. pixies

pixies Prime Suspect

:lol: I second that MrsG ! I think I was kind of unsettled and amused at the same time. That said I did watch an entire CSI episode in Italy once...considering I don't speak a word of Italian it was an odd experience! :D

9. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Trust me, you don't want to hear your favourite character speak another language... :lol:

If I ever come across a CSI:NY video in Italian I'll post it so you can hear it for yourself.

10. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

I'm glad they aren't dubbed here in Holland. I did saw onetime a tiny bit of a CSI NY episode dubbed and it was a total weird experience.

11. FlackAttack

FlackAttack Prime Suspect

LOL, I'm cracking up over the thought of seeing CSI:NY dubbed. So far I haven't had the chance, but I know it's always highly entertaining watching other dubbed shows when I visit Germany. I think CSI:NY should take a lesson from Fox, both the Simpsons and the X-Files have international clips and even entire episodes dubbed as extras in their dvd box sets. I'd love to see that for CSI:NY!

12. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Even bigger 'pah', both CSI and CSI NY regularly get pulled from the schedules so that soccer matches can be shown. It'll probably take until the summber before they finish airing S2 of NY.
    Ah well, the DVD manufacturers must be laughing all the way to the bank.
    Speaking of which, part 1 of season 3 is due for release on 30 April in Region 2. Play.com have it available for pre-order.

13. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

^^ WOW! That's early :p I wonder if it will be around the same time here in Holland too.

OH MY! I just saw a commercial for the next CSI NY episode 'Hung Out Dry' here in Holland. :eek: I was kinda shocked I saw one, as I never saw one before for CSI NY.

14. pixies

pixies Prime Suspect

yea like last night, ceindreadh!! its really irritating, I have of course season 2 dvds watched and re-watched :)D) but its still annoying with the lack of S3, that said play.com is lookin pretty tempting right about now..

15. ejacksonian

ejacksonian Hit and Run

I'm going to guess that CSI:NY will eventually surpass CSI:Miami in terms of ratings. Maybe not now, maybe later, but it WILL happen.

Don't get me wrong; I love all three. It's just that... Miami is too fast and loose. Well NY is a bit loose, but nowhere near as Miami, and certainly not as "fast".