Grade 'Sleight Out of Hand'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 28, 2007.

1. demor215

demor215 Prime Suspect

Re: Grade 'Sleight Out of Hand' *DELETED*

Post deleted by demor215

2. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

:rolleyes: Most of us do like the show, which is why we howl so vociferously at the egregious lapses in common sense, continuity, and believability. Just because I love the characters, that doesn't mean I'm going to overlook burning dumbassery when it bites me in the face.

3. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

slightly OT but...

Yeas FAS is a big broblem. I have met many kids that have this (I'm a tutor for special needs kids). It has always amazed me that some women think it's OK to drink when they're pregnant?!?! Though I must say I was surprised at the description they gave, as none of the kids I've known with it have had those kinds of issues (I would guess that those are the less common manifestations). It was really shocking to me that his adoptive mother would give him up too, many of the kids I teach (some of which have very serious problems) are adopted!

OK, I guess we can go back on topic.

I wasn't really riveted by this eppy. To me the whole Stella HIV thing seems very ........forced? I don't know, but I find it incredibly boring So boring, in fact, that I have taken to playing video games while watching CSI:NY lately. *sigh* I seem to be in the minority here, but the D/L story line has absolutely no impact on my life. Seriously, I could care less (and I must say the endless arguments about it here get kind of tiresome, that's why I haven't been here at all recently) Overeall the episode was OK, the guest actor did very well (esp. compared to last weeks, I didn't like her)

4. csimiamifan07

csimiamifan07 Civilian

Ok I'm only going to say this one time. I really loved lasy night's eppy. And as for Danny and Lindsay, give them a chance people. I know that MOST of you don't like Lindsay. But you could at least give Anna a chance. She is a great actress. And her and Carmine really do read off each other. I have had a account on here for a while,but chose not to post couse you guys really made me upset with all of your D/L bashing that you do. So this will be the only time that I post on here. Look I'm not saying that you can't hate them togather but at least give them a chance. At first I did'nt like Mac and Peyton, but now I have to say that I really do. Just don't bash them all the time. It seems like that's all most of you do on here.

5. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

First off, this was the first full episode I've seen for at least a month (maybe two). I really enjoyed the Criss Angel stuff.. Loved the funny parts with Flack and Hawkes, plus Mac and his "experiments".

I didn't care for the Lindsay storyline. The voiceover bit there just didn't show any real emotion to me..it didn't mesh with the re-enactment

But Danny...oh sweet Danny..what's happpened to you :( Thank god for the reporters at the end there :p This would have been a way better episode with all that mushy crap.. Oh and him thinking he's seeing Lindsay in the lab but really it's some unkown lab worker...how many times have we seen that before :rolleyes:

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Actually, not everybody reads the spoilers, so we need to be careful that we don't talk about them in other threads and ruin it for people who don't follow them--besides which, that spoiler was not a definite thing, so there is certainly no guarantee that it will happen. *shrug*

Well, you see, you could have posted what you liked instead of whining about the content of this thread--every little bit helps, and all that.

Even though it seems like tv shows have a tendency to dramatize things and exaggerate them--it puts the name out there for people to research, which I think is a good thing. :)

Perfectly understandable. In fact, I think most people who post regularly feel the same way--it's just that we can't quite seem to resist replying time and again. The debate and discussion, it is too tempting! :lol:

And a 'chance' is defined as more than a season and a half? IMDB lists her in 40 episodes. At what point are we allowed to pass judgement on the characterization and acting?

If you're not coming back, why bother in the first place? I can't help it if you take things personally. It's a forum for discussion. Positive and negative opinions are going to be found side by side.

Also, it doesn't help if you tell people what to do. That isn't going to go over well. Just saying.

7. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

The selective reading in this forum is absolutely mindboggling.

I recall both reading and posting positive comments about the Criss Angel case and the negative comments have been about Lindsay or Danny/Lindsay, so it seems to me what you are really saying is where is the place to post for those that love Danny/Lindsay and that I believe is in the shipper forum. If that isn’t what you meant then I don’t know what to say because I see plenty of love for the other aspects of the episode and the show in general.

I wonder would it be fair of me to ask you to give not liking the Danny/Lindsay pairing a chance. What about asking you to try finding Anna wanting as an actress, could you do that? How would you react to that? Would you give it a go?

I’m all for debate, but the unwillingness to accept and respect other people’s opinions is growing tiresome.

8. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Please tell me the Lindsay War isn't going to start up again, it was bad enough the first time around.

9. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

^Give it up! Every thread has a Lindsay War :lol:

I'm gonna give it a B+

I have no idea who Criss Angell(?) is but he was totally freaky and I was sold on his case.

And Mac taking care of the intended victim in the end? Between his legs, between his legs! *fans self*

10. ejacksonian

ejacksonian Hit and Run

I'll say this again. I have no problem with Lindsay; I have a problem with Anna Belknap. I neither like nor hate the Danny/Lindsay "ship"; I'm neutral. However, I'm interested in Danny's and Mac's past. Those are more interesting to me. To be fair, I think the writers have done and are doing a poor job of writing Lindsay, her past, her character, and her relationship with Danny. I have nothing against Danny/Lindsay; I have a problem how it manifested. Just blech.

Oh yeah, Criss Angel was awesome. Pulled off that crazy illusionist thing well. That said, he does have a pretty colorful personality anyway and he really is an illusionist, so I guess what he did wasn't much of a stretch. :)

11. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I wish I knew in my own mind what I want from the CSIs.
    I hated CSI: Miami last season and thought it was a total soap opera. I won't be watching any reruns of those episodes.
    I think a lot of people agreed, and the writers heeded our opinions, leading to an improvement this year.
    In general, I would lean away from the idea of main characters being involved with one another. But when it comes right down to it, I find H and Yelina to be a fascinating pair, and I'm also eager to see how GSR will play out on LV.
    Danny and Lindsay? I like both of them a lot, but when I ask myself the hard question of where I want that situation to go, I have to admit that I simply don't see any chemistry between them. It just seems to be a trite way to go.

12. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

It is rather irksome, isn't it? I am baffled as to why it is that those that like Lindsay or even Danny/Lindsay have such a problem with others voicing their own opinion about the character.

I for one do not understand why I have to give Anna or her character a 'chance' when I have. I don't like her and feel that she doesn't fit well into the CSI:NY mold. Why is it that as a non-Lindsay liking person, I am being pounded on by others that like her to change my mind? I like the fact that I don't like a character and have given my reasons as to why. I don't need to change my mind or give her another chance.

This post was not meant to be harsh or rude. But like JDonne stated above, it is getting tiresome of those who cannot understand a constructive debate and difference of opinion.

13. demor215

demor215 Prime Suspect

Re: Grade 'Sleight Out of Hand' *DELETED*

Post deleted by demor215

14. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Demor, we don't tell people to not like Lindsay, Anna Belknap, or the Danny/Lindsay pairing. In fact, it's quite the opposite, and despite the amount of times we've responded to they're usual one liners that go something like, "Could you please respect Anna Belknap a little more? This is her JOB! This is someone's LIFE you're talking about", they just don't seem to stop.

Sadly, CSI: NY is not a charity, and it shouldn't be treated as such. It should be up for criticism if a character, actress, or writing team is dragging it down.

Those who have differing opinions are always welcome. However, if they post in such a manner that you did, you can expect the response to have a bit of a negative tone.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm afraid that you seem to have missed the point--disagreeing with someone's opinion is alright. There have been a number of posts in this thread that I disagreed with but did not reply to because I had nothing constructive to say. Telling someone not to share their opinion is an entirely different matter. Look at what I just quoted and tell me what you see--you're not expressing your opinion, you're implying what other people should or should not be allowed to express. And you wonder why someone might get upset? I'm sorry, but I can't spell it out any more plainly. It sucks that people take opinions against a character personally and get hurt by it, but you'll find that the ones who are sharing the negative opinions don't take things personally until someone makes it personal.