Gilbert <3 Cathy #26: PureJoy--Layout Room. Right Away!!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by mj0621, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Re: Gil <3 Cath #26: PureJoy--Layout Room. Right Away!

TO be honest neither can I. I think she'd pretend to be happy for him. I don't think i'd like to see it either, it would, like you said, be too unCSIish.

Just watched CSI on ET (you know the one) again to cheer me up. Sexy sexy couple!

2. liz19

liz19 Dead on Arrival

i don't know if it's ok to say this here
    i don't want to get mod slapped, bashed on the head with a wet lettuce or anything else,but, i just want it to end.
    I would rather no romance so we could imagine who was with who.
    It's Purejoy for me.
    Oh heck, here comes the lettuce!

3. CSIangel17

CSIangel17 Pathologist

Thanks for the interview quote Hottie :)

I think that on some levels Catherine already knows. Like in LLV when she was talking to Nick she didnt seem overly surprised when started asking her questions. Plus also she seems to be very intuitive about these kinds of things, especially when it comes to Grissom (like with his loss of hearing and it coming back again). :)

But if/when she does find out, i think she'd make her feelings very clear, be they positive or negative. As in LLV she still has no problem in expressing how she feels to him, and he does take on board what she says. So i can see maybe a little disagreement, but i dont think Cath would preach morals to him because she hates it when he does that to her. I think they'll talk about it and where they stand and just carry on as normal :D

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

First of all...why care so much about a scene that is not Cath and Gil? I think we should focus on all the PureJoy in this episode, not get upset by something that we don't really care. JMO. :)

Second, I don't think that if Catherine gets upset with the relationship, it'd be out of jealousy. Looking back at the past (almost) seven years, Catherine was never jealous, people. If she isn't happy about the relationship, it would be because she cares about him and wants the best for him and she knows the relationship is going to hurt him in many ways (career, reputation, etc).

Personally, I'd love to see Cath hiss at him because she's known for speaking up and she has every right to do that. Remember Gil lectured her about living in glass houses in Weeping Willows? Hmmm I think someone is throwing stones at his own glass house now.

5. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

ITA, Erica. Catherine has shown on several occasions that she'd fight for Gil, as in she'd fight even him to protect his own best interest. That's the "Pure" part of the relationship: pure in her motives. This is one beautiful character who treasures those she loves for themselves, not to feed some personal insecurity. That's what I admire most about her. And I am sure Gil knows that too, which is why he'd trust her with his secrets... except this one. But then, the day he can face what he's been doing squarely, he'd also come clean with her. What was it he said at the end of Jackpot, about trying not to keep secrets from his wife? I think he did mean it. The "trying" part, I mean. For when we are still "trying", we aren't yet succeeding.

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I agree. I have a feeling Catherine could get VERY pissed at Grissom when she finds out about this. After the way he's been treating her, that's understandable!

As for the "my office, right here, right now" I'm so ready for that call :D

I think perhaps Grissom may be a little nervous about Catherine's reaction to this, because he just knows.

7. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

In this case, I'm all for it, because I'm a little tired of this masquerade of the "best friends who tell each other nothing".
    Because that's not how it is supposed to be, between the two of them.
    Gil telling her about Sara would be like a return to the old Grissom, the one who knew he could trust her with everything (see Slaves of LV). No matter if he knows she might be pissed, that's a risk he has to face, and he knew it ever since he started this THING.

And then, if she get pissed, I'll be more than glad, beacuse it wouldn't be out of jealousy, but simply because he was such a jerk not telling her first.
    She would have been the best counsellour for him, she could have told him the huge mistake he was doing.

8. rebec

rebec Police Officer

Thanks for all the great pics and the quote from the interview :)

No offense but I love how he used the word "affair" to describe the relationship, gives me the idea that there is still a wife. Anyone want to guess who the wife is? ;)

As for cath finding out about the affair, I believe she already knows but may be still waiting for some confirmation. I can see two possbilities after cath has received confirmation about the relationship. Either gil looks her up and asks for her opinions like he always does (or did), or cath tries to find a chance to talk to him and let him know about her views on the relationship. It'll be even greater if she can throw some of his words back at him (like the glass house analogy) but not in a spiteful way of course. :lol:

Anyway, I'll be really happy if the two of them can get together and talk things out just like in BOP and KB. That's what best friends do.

Perhaps I'm asking for too much. :lol:

9. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

My guess? Wifey already knows. I saw the fleeting look on Cath's face in Loco Motives when her conversation with Gil in his office was interrupted (you all know which scene I'm referring to, I'm sure). Then later, in another episode, in her convo with Nick, while she didn't say who it was (and Nick seemed to think it was her maybe?) I got the sense she already knew, but to protect Gil, she steered the conversation away. In both scenes, she didn't look pleased at all.

10. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

I can't agree more ! but this season , their friendship seems reduced to the minimum (except in the scene Ren is refering to, when she asks him if he's ok) that I'm not surprised Gil didn't say to her about Sara ! I'm sure too that he knows about Catherine's reaction (about being with a subordonate, the risk he's taking for his career etc ...)! maybe he's just afraid to talk to her because he knows her, he knows that she'll say exactly what she thinks about that . Knowing Grissom and his problems to talk about his personal life (even with Catherine) , I'm sure he wants to avoid this conversation .

11. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

I totally agree with you, ren. She knows, and has known for a while, and that's why their friendship has been strained lately. She knows him inside out and she loves him enough to have told him this "relationship" would destroy him, even if he denies everything.

The last scene of Fallen Idols has made me so mad I haven't posted anything on the Billy/Grissom threads in almost a week, and that's just not me! So, I've decided to cleanse my soul by coming here and going to BTA and the Graveyardshift. It worked! :) Thank you! :D

Btw, I'll miss the beard... :(

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Gilbert<3Cathy #26:pureJoy--Layout Room. Right Away!!

The title Gilbert<3Cathy #26:pureJoy--Layout Room. Right Away!! did fit so I went ahead and changed it for ya'll. :D

13. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Re: Gilbert<3Cathy #26:pureJoy--Layout Room. Right Away!!

Thanks so much 1CSIMfan!

I loved that scene in Locomotives, because I think there was a realisation between all three people in the room.

I think Gil was very much "oh hell". Catherine knew that something was going on between Gil and Sara and I think Sara was tense that Catherine was in there.

I've always thought that that particular scene is telilng as it showed that both Sara and Catherine realise that Catherine has parts of Gil that Sara won't get.

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I thought that scene was interesting in the fact that Catherine immediately recognized that Gil was "tired" with the job, while the one he's supposedly in a relationship with doesn't seem to understand him when he asks if the "good news" Sara's about to tell is about no more crimes being committed and the world is a wonderful place.
    Catherine knew just by his non-response to her laughter moments earlier that, not only something was wrong with him, but also correctly identifying what was wong with him - that he was tired of it all.

Gilbert & Cathy - LOVE IT!!!

15. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

After weeping willows, I hope Cath calls him out on this...because Grissom is kind of a hypocrite now. He keeps lecturing the other CSI's about ethics...especially Catherine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.