Episode #517 'A Grizzly Murder' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Feb 24, 2007.

1. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Good ep, a bit convoluted, but I enjoyed it.

QUESTION : How did H get the address of the Supervisor.

2. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I thought the ep was so-so. Only thing that really caight my attention was when Rick was trying to tell Horatio "leave this one alone, somethings bigger coming". At least to me that was what he was doing. Anybody else catch that? It was my Horatio all over again that I fell in love with back in FF. I just love his protectiveness. of people. He looked awful yummy too. LOL Here's some caps I took. Horatio called Frank to get an address & I guess that's how he got it. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Uh, Horatio once dated an Assistant DA named Nevins who was EurAsian (half Asian-half Caucasian) played by a Eurasian Actress named Christina Chang

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0151668/

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I think what Stetler was trying to say was 'save your battles for the bigger things' not something like going after a supervisor for prostitution. At least that is what I took away from that scene.

I am tempted to see how the mighty and righteous Horatio deals with this whole thing. Seriously the guy is a little too Mary Sue for me, ya know?

And could they please give someone else a hard or difficult storyline to deal with. I feel like it is either H or Eric that IAB is constantly after or emotionally or physically hurt. Just could we please leave poor Eric alone for a little while....the guy has enough to deal with. Talk about kicking someone while their down, jeez! :lol:

5. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

I thought it was a decent episode. Proably going to see that supervisor again, love how H told Rick it was just like old times.
    cases were interesting enough and I was glad to see Ryan worried about Eric a bit more then last week

6. delkolover

Yeah but did Ryan have to be suck a jerk about the little gizmo? He could have just said 'no, we've had this peice of equiupment for a while' and left it at that. No he had to be all 'you showed me this thing, don't you remember?' be a little more of an ass about it why don't you.

Granted Ryan did show a little bit more emotion towards him this week, which I was happy about and his facial expression totally showed that he was worried but the choice of words the writers gave him really irked me.

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

During the end scene I found myself thinking, Is he going to fall in love with her too?

:lol: midnight_tiptoes, you crack me up.
    But there really wasn't enough Stetler in this episode. I spent the entire thing waiting for him to show up. How dare they make me wait until the end :(

8. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Thought immediately the same thing. And it seems she is indeed the same girl ^^

9. delkolover

Dude I knew I recognized her from somewhere!! It was totally pissing me off the entire episode. Good catch. She played the girl who was a witness who came foward as someone who answered that add then gave them a description of the councilman's asistant as the bad guy. Ok, that was a lame description I know :lol: :D

Did anyone else notice the recycled footage of the hotel luggage from the ep "One Night Stand" it was the same luggage on the same cart from that ep. And several of the bikini girls at/in the pool scenes were also recycled

This show is becoming Law and Order with all the recylcing of characters it does! :D

10. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

That girl is like a teen, Horatio won't do anything. :lol:

Oh wow, my friend Laura called me at 9 and we talked about the episode until the episode came on. And then we watched it together over the phone.

OMG Horatio risked his job!! I was almost crying. I wish at the end Anna brang that topic up. "You risked your whole carrer for me." I WISH SHE SAID THAT!!

Anna: You really believe in that whole serve and protect thing don't you?
    Horatio: Its...its the only thing i can do.

(Or something like that)

That was such a great moment!! :( :)

And i hate the Supervisor! :mad: Buut by the looks of it, he's scared of Horatio.

11. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

I didn't think he was being a jerk about it at all. I got more the sense that he regretted having to remind Delko about it. They can't all just pretend that Eric is fine; if he makes a mistake, it needs to be addressed, particularly if he continues to have difficulty. He might not be getting better as quickly as he thinks he is.

12. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

And we saw almost nothing of Stetler! COME ON. I was really disapointed in this episode, only scary part was Horatio risking his career!

13. Jiffyjazzy

Jiffyjazzy Captain

Okay, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, and probably no one else cares, but the bear they showed attacking that guy was a grizzly bear, and in the everglades they have black bears, not grizzly bears. Also black bears rarely ever attack people, they usually run away. That just bothered me, but it's out of my system now :)

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I looked her up on IMDB and found her acting credits.

"CSI: Miami" .... Carmen Abregon (1 episode, 2003)
    - Simple Man (2003) TV Episode .... Carmen Abregon

Not sure if 'Simple Man' actually aired in 2003, but whatever. :lol:

I found her name in the list at The Futon Critic, because she isn't listed at IMDB for yesterday's episode for some reason.

^ Jiffyjazzy, thanks for the info. That was actually concerning me quite a bit yesterday during the episode. I had never known there to be grizzlies in the Everglades. :lol: I'm happy to say I'm not crazy in thinking the writers were wrong. :)

As for the episode, I have to say I liked it, but it wasn't the best. I found myself switching in between commercials to A&E so I could watch 'Stalkerazzi' instead. :p

I liked the plot, and I liked how they connected everything together. I also loved that the cast seemed upbeat, and there were a few smiles to pass around. :D Horatio was as self-sacrificing as always, but that's expected.

I didn't like that they only had about a minute of Stetler. His scene could have probably been cut, it was useless. :rolleyes: But at least now we know there is 'something big' coming, although knowing the writers, it won't really be anything big. Just a ploy for May Sweeps. :lol:

Also, I hope Horatio never makes Captain. I'd rather him stay a Lieutenant, because well, I'd probably start calling him Captain Crunch. :p *hugs LT. H*

15. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

THANK YOU! That was the first thing that came to my mind about this ep. Soon as I saw the promo, I started going "there had better be an explanation for why there's a giant grizzly bear loose in the Glades..."
    -------
    My thoughts exactly. Well, maybe not exactly, but along the same lines. Nothing sounds as cool as "Lieutenant."