The Black Donnellys *spoilers*

screamingpoet

CSI Level One
The Black Donnellys is a new American television drama premiering on NBC in the United States and on Global Television Network in Canada during the winter of 2007. It is a midseason replacement for Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and aired on February 26 at 10 pm. Repeats of the episodes will air on the USA Network and Bravo on March 6 and March 11 respectively. The pilot episode was leaked on the internet in the summer of 2006 and is also currently available from Netflix.

The show follows four young Irish-American brothers in New York's infamous Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood and their involvement with organized crime. Their story is narrated by a childhood friend, Joey "Ice Cream", in the pilot.

NOTE: The pilot will also air again on Thursday, March 1st on NBC.

I just watched the Pilot and I dont know why but Im in love with this show already. I can't wait til next week.

Other than the title which makes me cringe, I actually quite enjoyed this show. It has that certain mob appeal to it that did draw me in, but I actually found I enjoy the interaction of the brothers rather than the whole plotline of Tommy wiping out the Italians.

D: I just hope Sean's okay

I DVR'd it and will try to watch it tonight.

UPDATE: The Premier is now available free from iTunes.

I hope they don't drop the show. I really like it. The interaction of the brothers, the Irish mob storyline, and the way it's told from outside the family -- by Joey Ice Cream. That's interesting.

Also, I'd really like to know what bodies the police are looking for when they're questioning Joey Ice Cream. The Donnelly brothers, are they dead? Is that why he's telling Tommy's story? People the Donnelly brothers have killed? I don't know. It's driving me crazy. Just one of those little things.

I think there weren't a ton of viewers because the premiere was released on the web a few weeks ago.

The show's also going against CSI:Miami, so that's probably another reason there weren't a ton of viewers. On Miami's commercials I kept changing over to Donnellys, but you'd better believe I'll be watching Donnellys when Miami's showing reruns.

I think the show is interesting..I hope it sticks around for the rest of the season. Spread the word and maybe ratings will get better next week! :)

Back