News Bullets

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Sep 29, 2005.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<ul>

[*]<A class="link" HREF="http://www.accesshollywood.com/index.html'>Access Hollywood</a> will today shoot their regular program from the set of CSI. It is not know, however, if any of the stars of the show will make a cameo. Check your local listings to find out when the show comes on in your area. Thanks to <font color=yellow>Kim</font> and <font color=yellow>Al Forno</font> for this!

[*]<font color=yellow>Robert David Hall</font> (Dr. Al Robbins) will be on the Late Late Show with <font color=yellow>Craig Ferguson</font> tonight. Again, check your local listings for more information.

[*]Via Elyse, CBS yesterday profiled the new season of CSI: New York with the news that the cast and crew will be traveling more to the city this season to shoot on location. "It's exciting for everybody," said <font color=yellow>Hill Harper</font> (Dr. Sheldon Hawkes). "When we're shooting on the street, there are real people walking around, there's real energy, so it helps, it helps with the atmosphere of the show."

[*]<font color=yellow>Alan Rosenberg</font>, husband of <font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font> (Catherine Willows), has been elected president of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG). The actor will replace <font color=yellow>Melissa Gilbert</font>, who stepped down as president this summer because of all the fighting within the organization. "Actors have real value," Rosenberg said after his victory. "We are the product in this town and we have to stand up and start behaving like it."

[*]The Lt. Dan Band will be performing on September 30th at the Maxwell Airforce Base in Alabama. The band features <font color=yellow>Gary Sinise</font> in the bass, and they're known for traveling across the country, and overseas, to entertain troops that are stationed around the world. Visit the band's official website for more information.

[*]<font color=yellow>Melina Kanakaredes</font> (Stella Bonasera) will this year host<a> the 6th annual Dream Halloween benefit at the Windy City Fieldhouse October 22nd. The event was organized to benefic the Children Affected by AIDS Foundation. For more information on this and the event, visit the CAAF <A class="link" HREF="http://www.caaf4kids.org/">official website.

[*]Kanakaredes has also gotten involved with the organization Together For Dinner, a charity created to promote family togetherness. The actress has designed a dinner plate that will be auctioned next months, and proceeds will go to America's Second Harvest and their Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. Thanks to Divine Providence for the info.

[*]If you're a fan of <font color=yellow>Eddie Cahill</font> (Det. Don Flack) you can now purchase the DVD of the movie Lords of Dogtown, in which Cahill starred. The skateboarding movie follows the lives of Stacy, Jay, and Tony, three skateboarders who changed the sport back in the 70s.

[*]The <font color=yellow>Emily Procter</font> (Calleigh Duquesne) website Emily Procter Online has added a few scans of Procter's photo shoot from In Touch magazine. In the article, Procter talks about her favorite home design tricks and shows off her house and gigantic cat Kevin.

[*]Pictures of <font color=yellow>David Caruso</font> (Horatio Caine) during one of his walkabouts through Beverly Hills can now be found at David Caruso Online.

[*]Screen caps of the cast of CSI doing a promotional ad for the Red Cross to help Katrina victims have been added to JFO, a website dedicated to <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle). They also have Sara-centered screen caps of the season premiere "Bodies In Motion."

[*]And if you'd like to see screen caps of the same episode but focused on the whole cast, pay a visit to Erica’s CSI Caps.

[*]Even more screen caps, but this time of CSI: Miami. Visit Miami Style to view images of the episodes "From The Grave" and "Blood In The Water."

[*]<font color=yellow>George Eads</font> (Nick Stokes), <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown), and <font color=yellow>Eric Szmanda</font> (Greg Sanders) attended the 2005 Taurus World Stunt Awards last Saturday, September 25th. During the ceremony, <font color=yellow>Quentin Tarantino</font> was honored with the Action Director of the Year Award for his Kill Bill series. The Taurus awards are given to outstanding stunt men and women in Hollywood.

[*]Soul singer <font color=yellow>Steve Spacek</font> will soon release his first solo album Space Shift, and Gary Dourdan has collaborated to it with vocals, stand-up bass, and drum percussion. The music was described as, "robotic, futuristic, hip-hop based soul." "Simply, there was no concept. I just ended up in LA soakin’ up the vibes and what a good experience!" said Spacek. "It had been so long since I'd done something purely for myself without having to consult with others that I'd forgotten how good it felt. Pure freedom!"

[*]Hill Harper has done more than transition from the morgue to the field during the summer. The young actor has written a book called Letters To A Young Brother, which contains inspirational messages created to help today's troubled youth. The book will hit the stores April 2006 and will be the first of a series.

[*]If you'd like to win a free copy of the "Grave Danger" DVD, all you have to do is head over to femalefirst.co.uk and answer an easy question. 5 lucky winners will be picked later on. The DVD, however, is in Region 2 encoding.

[*]The mysterious series Night Stalker will premiere tonight at 9 p.m. on ABC. The series revolves around a newspaper reporter who is haunted by his past investigates strange deaths and unexplained phenomena, asking questions that no one else will about cases the police can't - or won't – solve, and is an adaptation of the 70s series with the same name. Night Stalker stars <font color=yellow>Stuart Townsend</font> and <font color=yellow>Gabrielle Union</font>.

[*]<font color=yellow> J.K. Woodward</font>, who worked as an illustrator on the CSI: New York comic book, has landed a new gig working on Fallen Angel a comic book created by <font color=yellow>Peter David</font>. Fallen Angel was off the market for a while, but was recently picked up by a different publisher and will hit the stands again in December. Woodward said, "Fallen Angel, the same thing that was challenging about CSI: NY -- I had to work with characters that were established by someone other than me. All my previous work was collaborative. But in the case of Fallen Angel, it's an enjoyable challenge," Woodward said.[/list]<center></center>

2. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

It's Lords of Dogtown! :rolleyes:

3. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Anyone else watch it? I am officially a bigger fan than ever of Robert David Hall!!!

--Robin

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

What was we talking about? I would have liked to see that one...

5. evel_queen27

evel_queen27 Police Officer

i watched it! i thought it was cool.hes cool. :D

6. BabaOReilly

I meant to say, what was HE talking about... oops!

7. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Well, after a clip of him playing air guitar on his crutch in the lab... :D he was interviewed...first off, they talked about how he lost his legs in a bad car accident (he was hit by a drunk truck driver) and how he didn't let that derail his plans to be an actor and musician. At first he took the "embittered veteran" roles and stuff, then as he got older, "judge" and other roles wthat were sit-down roles, then CSI came along...He said he was sort of the black sheep of the family as they were all military, lawyers, etc., but now one of his nieces is also into acting. And...at the time of the accident (late 70's) he was a radio DJ on KNX. (FM I assume; they had music, and KNX-AM has been news as long as I can remember...) And he said he has to "break out the Stratocaster" on occasion and has a couple guys he plays music with...

Love the determination, love the artistic passion, love the super-positive attitude!!!

--Robin

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

And he said that Fran Drescher (the guest before him) told him to "break a leg." :)

9. BabaOReilly

^^^ Hah hah! No way. Too funny. :lol:

10. Kaye

Kaye Pathologist

*gasp* That's bad luck in the acting world!

Hehe! Hall is my hero. He totally rocks!

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

^ No. "Break a leg" is a way of saying "good luck." Unless you actually break a leg.