Ugly Betty

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by speedleishot, Jan 7, 2007.

1. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

i really wanted to watch this and i missed the 1st episode because i had to go to a party, can anyone catch me up?

2. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Sorry I have only seen two episodes and they weren't the first ones as far as I know. ;)

3. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

I love watching Ugly Betty. :D

On New Year's eve they had a Betty Marathon. :D I believe they showed all the episodes up til now. I just got lucky while channel surfing. :D
    They do repeat the eps but I can't remember what channel. Sorry. :(

So I'm looking forward to the rest of this season. :D

-----------------
    [​IMG]

4. AmyDavina

AmyDavina Witness

I watched the first one in the UK, last Friday!

It's a wicked show! I'm glad its on over here now! I can't wait till this weeks show :)
    It looks like its definately going to be a good one, v funny! :)

5. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

yer, ive seen the adverts for this weeks one, with the bunny

6. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

I really enjoyed it too.... I don't think you needed to see the first one though, to understand it all. You'll be able to catch up! ;) It was just introducing the characters.

I'm sure you can guess, Betty is 'ugly' but lovely and talented and full of heart. The people who work at the magazine are beautiful and all horrible. The only friend she has at work is the scottish girl from Extras who works in the wardrobe department. Betty was hired by the owner of the magazine to be the PA for his son, the editor of the magazine, as he thought Betty was the only woman the son wouldn't want to sleep with. In the first ep, the son is doing everything to get Betty fired so he can hire a foxy girl, but in the end she saves his skin by coming up with a great avertising pitch, and they finish the episode as friends.
    I did notice it ran kind of like a romantic comedy, I liked that. :)

============
    Spoiler tag has been added.

7. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Kohoutek, I've added a spoiler tag. Thank you for signing the spoiler anyway, but we can never be sure enough ;)

8. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

Thanks! I was quickly trying to type that at work without anyone noticing so didn't get chance to refresh my memory on how to do spoiler tags!! :)

9. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

I love this show. I was pissed whne I missed the new episode becasue I had to work. I hope they show reruns of it.
    I love Betty and Henry they are so cute. Geek love all the way! :lol:

10. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

Here in Spain there has been emitted the Colombian version, the Mexican and now the Spanish version is emitted. Soon it will begin to emit the American "Ugly Betty".
    There are many persons that they like this soap opera, but others as me and especially a friend, Roser, that this up to the noses of her and it that has not seen any version.

Everything will be not to see her. :D

11. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

*Bump :)
    I just wanted to say that i really adore this show! It's so campy and melodramatic (in a good way!), plus the writing and chemistry is just amazing. I love all the characters and I'm glad to see such a great show with a diverse cast. I'm interested in the other versions, like the Colombian version and Mexican version, but for now I'll be happy to watch this American incarnate.
    And congrats on the show winning a Golden Globe, Yay for America Ferrera! :D

12. Lvodkadiet

Lvodkadiet Rookie

I love this show, Betty is just so innocent. In our house we call fridays (when it is on in the uk) Ugly Betty night because we always get a chinese and make sure we watch, my two kids love it too :)

13. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

I saw the new trailer for Ugly Betty on E4 and Henry and Betty kiss! i really want them to get together, i cant stand Walter

14. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Everywhere I go, people say they hate Walter. :lol: I must admit I'm not too fond of him, but I was ambivalent towards him until I read all the bashing on UB message boards. That's when I started to sort of dislike him. Luckily he got written off.
    And I also like Henry. He's so incredibly geeky and cute. It boggles the mind! I want someone like Henry. :)

What episode are you up to, Lvodkadiet? Because you live in the UK and you might not know half the things I was going to ramble about like the 'woman in bandages', and the recent blackmailing, and the newest roadblock between Betty and Henry...

I don't wanna spoil you!

15. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

the UK is up to episode 8. I did used to like Walter, he was kind of a quirky/wierd character but then Henry came along. Him and Betty are so adorable!lol