Spoilers in the Big Apple - Season 3 Spoilers Continued

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

^I think it'll be a scary/creepy episode as well.

2. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

No, it won't be a cliffhanger. Also, the promo didn't show anything relating to Lindsay's storyline, other than a split second shot of Young Lindsay in a flashback.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It seems to me that the network must think Lindsay's trial would not be a particular draw to viewers, or else it would have been promoed with a character-heavy emphasis like both RSRD and All Access were. Come to think of it, Lindsay's freak out in "Silent Night" and her departure in "The Lying Game" weren't advertised either. Hmmm...very, very interesting. I wonder if the character and actress's shortcomings are becoming apparent to the network. A lot of thought goes into promoting each of the shows with the previews.

4. audrina

audrina Police Officer

Keep in mind that it's entirely possible we won't see the same scene as it was in the spoilers, if at all. Remember teh Angell/Danny stuff and his call to Lindsay? That disappeared. It's possible they may cut out some of the Lindsay stuff or significantly alter it. *shrugs*

5. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I'm desperately praying they see sense and don't send Danny to Montana. *fingers crossed*
    Sorry to all D/L shippers but in my own opinion it's a bad idea!

6. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Those were two small scenes that didn't really affect the plot/storyline though. The trial scenes seem pretty significant to Lindsay's storyline .. plus, I believe it's during the last 10 minutes of the episode, so what would they put in it's place if they didn't show us that.

7. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

No need to apolgize MichelleK, you're entitled to your opinion :D

I'm hoping he goes, but honestly all I want is them to get together. If he doesn't go and something happens anyways, fine by me. Besides the episode looks amazing with all those magic tricks so it should be good no matter what. I'm just sad that we won't get to see a new one until April *tear* :( oh well...guess that's what re-runs are for.

8. HillHarperHOT

HillHarperHOT Prime Suspect

Maybe they want the people who don't read the spoilers to be surprised when they see Lindsay in the episode.

9. detectdevotion

detectdevotion Police Officer

Even if I shipped D/L, to me Danny flying all the way to Montana looks like something straight out of a soap opera. And let's face it, I don't think Mac's team would be very efficient if two of his CSIs were on hiatus in Montana. It just doesn't make any sense. Barring some kind of real emergancy, I don't think it would be realistic for Mac to grant Danny the time off, not when the team is already a member down.

But this is TV-land, and while I think Danny heading to Montana isn't a sound move for the team or his character development ( and don't get me started on how Lindsay isn't a complete character unless Danny's in the same frame ), what the writers say goes.

10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

While I still like reading the spoilers, I am not going to read much into them anymore. :rolleyes: When they totally re-did the Danny/Angell scene and cut out the phone call (I'm glad they cut that out), it showed me how unreliable spoilers are and how many times TPTB change their minds before a show actually films.

If they had left those two scenes in, they could have affected the direction (not entirely sure what direction they're wanting) of Danny/Lindsay. Who knows what could have happened if he and Angell had that "moment" and then he phoned Lindsay. There was several ways that could have went.

I would be totally happy if they left the trial scene but cut out Danny being there. :p She's clearly given him no indication that she wants him around her but doormat Danny will probably go anyway.

Unless they change it (they've already altered it once :rolleyes:), the only part of the trial you see is when Lindsay is on the stand and most of it is flashbacks (with her talking during the flashbacks), with the exception of Danny quietly entering the court room. From what I've seen, they never speak to each other at all. She has a totally blank expression after she testifies and the episode ends with that totally blank expression.

Also from what I've seen, the trial isn't any longer than the last 5 or 10 minutes of the show. When Danny mentions something about going crazy, that's at least halfway through the episode. He's probably in NY long enough to wrap up the case and then flies out to Montana. I'm thinking they won't give any hint that he actually goes until you see him enter the court room. Then for the spoiler free, it will be a surprise to them, as well as a surprise to Lindsay.

**still hoping he doesn't go** :devil:

11. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

thanks for the spoilers, and you're cruel you know that... :p

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^Yes, I know that. :p I'm evil that way. :D

13. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

I've been skipping through some threads and while reading the 'Angell' thread I suddenly got the impression that perhaps the D/A scene and the phonecall were cut out because of Emmanuelle's schedule. Perhaps they did want that triangle to happen, but she just wasn't available anymore.
    I think to make ep #19 believable there has to be a moment (and for continuity they have to show that) where he finds out everything about her past. So I'm quite confident that he does go to Montana.

14. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

The more spoilers I read about "Sleight of Hand", the less impressed I am. Danny should not be racing off to Montana to play white knight to an unappreciative Lindsay while the lab is already a man down. In what purple polka-dotted universe would Mac allow it? Especially when Lindsay hasn't specifically asked for any of them to come. The Mac of the first two seasons would never sanction a coochie-play fieldtrip while the rest of the team gets saddled with the extra workload. It's ridiculous. Now, if Lindsay had called for help, it would be a whole different ballgame; hell, Mac would probably be first on the plane to support his people, but she didn't. This whole mess is another instance of the writers flushing character continuity for the sake of Teh Drama.

15. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I gotta say I agree with you on that. I just don't understand why Danny goes? I know it can't be easy going through a court case like that, but Lindsay never told anyone about it or asked for help. She just kinda took off without explaining anything. I just don't understand why he'd go. It's odd and I just wat TPTB to forget the smushy relationship crap and see how good the episodes have been without Lindsay. I'm not saying cut her out the show entirely but just realise how draining it gets sometimes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.