Horatio & Yelina #5 ~ How Can I Not Love You?~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I wish that in the future we could hear Yelina say it that she already loved him when she just got / was married to Raymond :p

Remember what Horatio said in Blood brothers?

H: I used to think that if you hadn't met Raymond first that you and I..
    Y: Than Raymond died.
    H: Right and everything changed and it's easy getting used to those boundaries.
    Y: Right, I'm still your brothers wife. It isn't your fault Raymond got killed, nor mine. If anyone you tried harder then anyone to get Raymond to be more careful.

What makes Yelina think it has anything to do with Raymond's his death? The way they show it it's like Horatio has always had feelings for Yelina and he acted upon them until Raymond died. Like he said when Raymond died the boundaries were easier to get used to.

But shouldn't there have been more boundaries when Raymond was still alive instead when he was dead?

At the end of 10-7 when Yelina goes to hug Horatio watch Raymond's reaction. He seems a bit jealous now doesn't he?

I think that he is aware of the feelings between Y & H but he decides not to react on it because he has no right to speak. He did abandon his family & he did cheat on Yelina.

Like Yelina said it's complicated. But that's probably the reason why we love them so much that AND the kickass chemistry! :D

The writers will have to come up with a greaaaaaat story for both Yelina & Horatio to make me happy. It's been such a long wait, and I started watching CSI Miami regularly when I knew she'd be back for season 5. So to those who have waited throughout season 4 & half of 5 for her to return congrats :D

Maybe the CSI Miami writers should do like the ones from CSI NY. Let the viewers decide what happends like in NY with Stella's HIV story :)

2. inge

inge CSI Level Two

my thoughts on some comments:

I also think Horatio changed after Yelina went with his brother. Yelina and Ray jr. were his family and I also think that he felt betrayed by his brother actions. He lied to Horatio and he took away his family.

and oh yes, Ray was jelous in 10-7. :devil:
    maybe he also felt the attraction between them before his 'death'.

I think the dialouge ment:
    Horatio thought about 'what if I married her', but he tried to forget his feelings because he didn't want to destroy their marriage and the realtionship to his brothers.
    Then Ray 'died' and Yelina was sad and desperate.
    She needed him as a friend and not as lover.
    Slowly she got over it, but Horatio always thought about her as 'his brothers wife'. :rolleyes:

Hm, I think they grew together after Ray's dead. They were there for each other and helped each other.
    or maybe their bondary started as Ray began to work undercover. but Ray was still there and maybe Horatio didn't want to interfere too much as his brother was still around (rarely around, but he was).

not sure if this makes sense....

3. snickergeek

snickergeek Witness

well i guess that if raymond still lived H would have never told her, because the respect of what ray did and created with yelina together, the most amazing nephew he could ever have would have been way too big to risk his brother to hate him forever. H loves Yelina, no way... but Raymond even more, because he was the only piece of family he had left so if there really was Raymond... and he if he was 100 % still alive, living in the same house as Yelina, H would have gone to a doctor to talk about his problems or whatever but never told Yelina anything. Never in a million years.

4. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Damn him. :mad:

Yelina having something to do with Ray's death? *pause* Naahh....

ALL IN ALL, they BOTH have feelings for each other and they BOTH know it. The know its the inevitable... ;)

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Kit agree with you on both counts, that I'd love to see more of Yelina on the show and more character development. Like you said we don't know much about her at all. Really hope she'll be willing to give up her other show and come back to Miami as a regular. The potential to develop her character there would be great.

Funny you should say that cos I just watched the re-run of NTL and there was a scene where Calleigh was questioning the victim's girlfriend and she was telling Calleigh she was actually in love with her supposed boyfriend's best friend. And she said something like "You can't help who you fall in love with." And I wondered if the writers made her say that with refrence to H, Y and Ray. Y married Ray but she couldn't help herself falling in love with H.

And speaking of NTL I finally got to see the hand holding between Horatio and Yelina yay!! It was so sweet the way H smiled at Y when she took his hand aww... It was just so natural and comfortable the contact between those two.
    I missed that part of NTL the first time it was aired cos my daughter decided to wake up from her sleep and cry at the moment when Yelina showed up with Ray Jr at the hospital.

Back to what we were talking about, the conversation between H and Y in 'Blood Brothers', here's what I think it implied. When H first met Yelina she was already his brother's girl. But he was smitten with her but because she was his brother's girlfriend he couldn't act on his feelings. So he held back, and Ray and Y got married. But H remained secretly in love with her. Then Ray went undercover and he changed, so H as the dutiful brother-in-law started to take care of Y and Ray Jr. And they got closer. And Y probably fell for H as well. Then Ray "died" and she was grieving and H was there for her again. When she got over Ray, H couldn't get over the fact that she was his sister-in-law, so he never got round to asking her out. And right up to 'Whacked' H never got over that fact.

I think in 'Whacked', if Ray wasn't resurrected from the dead, H was just about ready to get over the "she's my sister-in-law" part and they would have started to see each other. But like it was mentioned so many times tptb decided that they wanted to change the H/Y relationship and sent her packing with Ray off to Brazil...

Hence our frustration. Let's hope they'll end our wait soon and get 'em together already! And yes I know that was jealousy on Ray's part when Y hugged H.

Wow a long post but we raised interesting stuff recently on this thread. And all this cos Yelina is coming back!! :D

PS: Here's the link to my fic update.
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Ca...e=0&fpart=2

6. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I still haven't seen the hand holding scene. Well I searched for it on the internet & I still can't find it. Can someone plz record that hand holding sequence & upload it ? Please :p

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/Kit4na/bscap324.jpg
    http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/Kit4na/bscap325.jpg
    http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/Kit4na/bscap326.jpg

Notice when Yelina asks H if everything is okay that he can't make eyecontact with her? I think she's hurt by the fact he won't confide in her anymore .. poor Yelina :(

And like you guys said they both know they love each other but Horatio won't act upon it. It's so frustrating and sad. I hope he'll get over it soon.. He'd better cause else :'(

By the way the ppl who can get in touch with Corey Miller should ask him if they're planning on bringin her back as a detective. I reaaaaaaaaally hope so :)

7. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Indeed, I remember much discussion about this line and how poignant it is with regard to H and Yelinas' feeings for one another. I think the general consensus was that it was quite deliberately included by the writers to add depth with regard to the bigger picture in NTL. It always reminds me of an old signature I had, which said:

"Love isn't a decision. It's a feeling. If we could decide who we loved, it would be much simpler, but much less magical." (Trey Parker/Matt Stone, South Park writers)

Also, regarding H not being able to make eye contact with Yelina, I think Y said it best in 'Big Brother':

Y: Raymond.
    H: What about him?
    Y: Well, whenever he didn't want to tell me something, he couldn't make eye contact either. So what is going on?

Lovely pics Kit and great to see you finally have your avatar Hrockz. Nice choice. ;)

Kit, I'm afraid I only have the NTL hand holding scene on a VHS tape. I wish I could help, but I don't have the technology! I have screencaps though, just no way of uploading the video.

8. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Alrighty 3 new H/Y avatars.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've made others also but then you'll have to go to the fan art section hehe.

I find it very nice that they thought of that. That he can't make eye contact when he doesn't want to tell something. I'm very surprised the writers remembered that & used it :)

No worries about the NTL scene there. I'll catch up with it someday hehe.

9. vikki07

vikki07 Victim

i beleive that horatio and yelina should get to gether and a good way for yelina to come bk is if horatio got shot and then yelina would come rushing bk rite by his bedside. then they relise they cant hold back there feelings for each other anylonger and she kisses him... i think that would be a good storyline lol.

i like the scenes with H/Y in the dead zone episode

wot does everyone think about horatio and yelina?

10. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I think H&Y are a very sweet pair. It's obvious that they like/love each other a lot. But at the moment it's just not ment to be, not yet anyways.

We know they can't keep H/Y apart for much longer. Like I posted a few pages back, there are no more secrets between them. Nothing stands in there way anymore. Accept the fact that she's his sister-in-law but I think he'll get over it eventually.

Welcome to the thread vikki07 , always nice to see new H/y shippers here :)

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Thanks Luce , like my new avatar? They're all courtesy of Kit . Thanks a bunch again Kit ! I snatched up all 3 btw :)

Hmm, where do I begin, I have tons to say. But in summary I think they're made for each other. H just isn't the same without her. And Y clearly needs him too. I just think their chemistry is SO amazing they don't need words to express what they're thinking to each other. I fell in love with this couple since the first time I set eyes on them on-screen. DC and SM just play out their characters really well. They've got a complicated history but I'm hoping it'll all work out for them in the end. :D

Here's the link to my FF update. Go check it out :)
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Ca...ID=#Post1110495

12. snickergeek

snickergeek Witness

i don't think H really hated raymond... he rather didn't get how he could do stuff like that where he knew how it was raising up without parents.

what most HY shipper always forget is that Horatio loved his brother. he truly did, no matter what stuff he did... but he loved him. and that's what's so important bout HY... because he loved Ray... he couldn't stay "take away his wife" where H knew Ray took away his family... he wants yelina to be happy, if she's telling H directly "Hey dude, I can't be without you..." he'll have to do sth but before that he won't... because it's always Ray he's thinking about looking at Yelina, Jnr. and Maddie...

13. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Welcome to the H/Y thread vikki07! :D
    That's not the case in my experience of posting here - unless I've missed something! ;) I think most if not all H/Y fans know all too well that H loved Raymond. I believe H felt very disappointed in how Ray let his family down - getting involved in drugs, being unfaithful, having a child with someone else, allowing his family to believe he was dead for 4 years and being a dirty cop. Despite Ray's rather blotted report card, H always loved him, no doubt about that. :)

14. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Another H/Y song. Marking the fact that they're always there for one another :)

The pretenders - I'll stand by you.

Oh, why you look so sad?
    Tears are in your eyes
    Come on and come to me now
    Dont be ashamed to cry
    Let me see you through
    cause Ive seen the dark side too
    When the night falls on you
    You dont know what to do
    Nothing you confess
    Could make me love you less

Ill stand by you
    Ill stand by you
    Wont let nobody hurt you
    Ill stand by you

So if youre mad, get mad
    Dont hold it all inside
    Come on and talk to me now
    Hey, what you got to hide?
    I get angry too
    Well Im a lot like you
    When youre standing at the crossroads
    And dont know which path to choose
    Let me come along
    cause even if youre wrong

Ill stand by you
    Ill stand by you
    Wont let nobody hurt you
    Ill stand by you
    Take me in, into your darkest hour
    And Ill never desert you
    Ill stand by you

And when...
    When the night falls on you, baby
    Youre feeling all alone
    You wont be on your own

Ill stand by you
    Ill stand by you
    Wont let nobody hurt you

Ill stand by you
    Take me in, into your darkest hour
    And Ill never desert you
    Ill stand by you
    Ill stand by you
    Wont let nobody hurt you
    Ill stand by you
    Wont let nobody hurt you
    Ill stand by you

15. snickergeek

snickergeek Witness

they never said Ray took the relationship to Suzie seriously, did they? he could have preggert her, by being absolutely stoned by meth... I don't think he let his family down at all, because he risked his life to save his son. Now if he really would have let them down, because he was "dead"... he didn't have had to worry about that anymore... but he did and he "rose up from the dead" and came back to save yelina and jnr.

I'm HY myself, but I love Ray Snr. that's why I don't like the way he gets treated by most people, because if he really wouldn't have ever cared about his family he wouldn't have returned.

Maybe he was somehow not the nicest cop ever and the feds had him dirty on tape, which he said in 10-7... nobody said he started drugs before they put him into that undercover thing. So Ray Snr is a really thin path to walk on... and to cause the HY relationship on, because either way Ray knew what he was doing and if Yelina wouldn't have loved him, truely, madly, deeply... she would have had the chance to become divorced... like every day...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.