"Fallen Idols" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Destiny, I need some help here. To me, there is a fine line between discussing a certain shipper couple and something that happened between the two characters in the episode. I don't know about the others here, but it is too difficult to try to figure out just what you want or don't want us to discuss with regard to said couple.

If all we're allowed to comment on is that dumb 30-second scene, then why bother? I don't understand why I can't say something like "Grissom loses credibility with me everytime I see a scene like that 30-second scene in "Fallen Idols" because that is just not Grissom. He always seemed above everybody else intellectually, and by that I mean he kept his sex life completely separate from his work arena, whch impressed me a lot, and when he decided to have a secret affair with a subordinate which could compromise both his job and his status at the lab, it lowered his IQ considerably in my opinion." The Grissom I came to know wouldn't have compromised his integrity with something as sordid as diddling a co-worker.

2. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Ya I'm a little lost on this too, were my comments off topic, because I was attempting to talk about the future of the season without having to go into the spoiler lab

3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

yep...its confusing now, because the ship is part of the show...

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

In my view it means that it has been only a very small part of any ep that it has been in and there is a lot more to the ep to discuss. There are enough boards that only discuss that scene that I come here to discuss what happened in the whole ep.

I hope that makes some sort of sense. I'm not usually to good putting what I think into words.

Susan

5. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

Yeah, this thread is more about the episode as a whole, and not intended to turn into a lengthy discussion regarding a relationship...there are other threads for that.

6. Toots

Toots Pathologist

But that relationship IS now part of the episode. Sure, we can discuss the other 40-some minutes of the other part of the episode, and I have to a degree already, but if that's not what I'm interested in talking about, then I should have the same right to discuss the particular scene that interests me at the moment.

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

but there really isn't...you can't go into the GSR thread and post why you don't like the ship. Plus again, i have to keep going on lengthy discussions because GSR fans always give me lectures about my opinions, then I have to explain why I have those opinions...

8. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

Comments like "GSR makes me want to vomit" or "there is a GSR scene in this episode *barf*" are OFFENSIVE and should not be part of these threads.

I don't care if you don't like GSR, you have to express it in a civil manner and in the context of the episode. I am pretty sure that it wouldn't be met with positivity if I said "this episode is Greg-heavy *shudders*. Greg makes me want to vomit." Right?

(BTW, I have nothing against Greg, I am just trying to make it hit close to home so that you can understand how people may be offended by your remarks--insert your favorite character/relationship).

9. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

You could always go into shipper central and start a Anti-GSR thread

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i think there were threads in sc where you could discuss ships you dont like and why, but i could be wrong.

i am indifferent towards them and i think it doesnt affect the show. at least for me. the fact that they might make googley eyes at each other for 5 seconds doesnt ruin anything, and their 'intimate' scenes are in the last 30 seconds of the show so i can always change the channel if thats not what i want to see.

but the scene last week? that was just so weird and random. csi likes to use fetishes, maybe shaving is a new one? ;) it really didnt need to be there but it was. the episode was still pretty good, the case was more like csi from a few years ago.

its gonna take a lot more than some shaving cream and a razor blade to turn me off csi. i think the writers are trying to make people happy but they arent getting it. csi is not a romance show to me, it would be better off without any of the stuff thats been going on. but its there so i carry on my merry way and enjoy my favourite show regardless. but everyone has their own taste, and might be bothered more or less.

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I've been scared to come into this episode discussion ever since it aired simply because I was scared that discussion of one 30 second (or so) scene was going to dominate and there would be little to no discussion of the other 43 minutes (or so) of the episode. That's what I mean. So much more happened before the end yet everyplace I look, that's all that's being discussed. I come here for discussion of the episode as a whole. If I want to discuss just that one scene I'll go somewhere else.

And yes I do know that there are some good posts early on that do discuss that scene and the rest of the episode.

Susan

I guess an easier way of putting it is you have your opinion and state it. Someone else states their opinion and it might be different. Don't make those of us who are here to discuss the whole episode have to wade through post after post of people fighting for their opinion. Everyone is allowed to state their opinion, and some may be different than yours.

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I see worse from GSR fans talking about catherine...but its an opinion. Yes, the GSR scenes do make me uncomfortable and it is a little sickening to watch. But how exactly is that offensive?? :confused:

13. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

I think somebody should just make a thead "GSR Discussion" in this forum.

14. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

If you don't agree that saying that something makes you want to vomit is offensive to fans of that thing and not part of a productive "discussion", there's not much I can say, I guess. :p

So, would it be perfectly fine if I said "Grissom put his hand on Catherine's shoulder in this episode. It was sickening to watch. Made me want to vomit." ? Hmmm...

Wouldn't it be more civil to say: "I don't get why Grissom had to put his hand on Catherine's shoulder. This show is about crime, not comforting others. This scene was completely out-of-character for Grissom" ;)

15. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

sure, why wouldn't it?? If thats how it makes you feel, than its part of your opinion...