TV Flops

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Calihan, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Could we please try to keep this thread just for TV flops so I'd say anything that lasted a season or less.

The flop that I own on DVD which I don't see how it failed was Police Squad. The show is just as funny and rediculous as the movies.

Another true flop which I want to see just for a laugh is Turn On. I read about this show, it was supposed to be a second Laugh in but all of the jokes were just dumb and usually sexual. In fact one of the longest sketches was just two actors making faces at each other while the word sex flashed on screen. It was so bad the ABC cancelled it right after the preimere, and in Denver they actually stopped showing it half way through the episode. Sadly when i was cancelled they agreed to never show the series again.

2. allmaple

allmaple Judge

oh man savannah was great! did they even get to finish out the storylines or did it just get pulled? i never got to see how it ended :(

there was a show on fox that never finished its first season, i think there were 18 episodes. it was called undeclared, and was about some guys at university. it was really funny without being over the top stereotypical university life.

and i think shows can be flops if theyve gone more than one season. some shows for whatever reason lose popularity all of a sudden and get pulled midway through a season without finishing off any storylines. two guys and a girl is a good example.

3. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

freaks and geeks, with out a doubt is the best tv flop ever. i wish it would have lasted more it was just too awesome for words.
    and then there was a show last year called kitchen confidential with bradley cooper, i think i last like 6 episodes beofre fox cancelled it. it was really funny. they never gave it a chance to get an audience. fox always cancels shows too fast.

4. keich

keich CSI Level One

Conviction was cancelled only after 13 episodes, I think. I tried watching the show because I'm a HUGE Alex Cabot fan, especially from her days in SVU, but I only saw a couple of eps because it NBC cancelled it right off the bat. It's a shame NBC didn't give it a chance, I was kinda looking forward to having a couple of questions about Alex answered.

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

My favorite show was Hollywood Doctor, they won a award for the best show then they cancelled it after second season to make room for CSI: Miami.

My mom is upset, they cancelled Reba last Sunday. They always cancelled the good show if NBC, CBS, ABC or Fox don't give them a chance to if they turn good.

6. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

I've seen now 9 episodes of Fox show Justice and I can believe there are only 3 more episodes left, because it got cancelled. It's a great show. I believe it would have got a lot better ratings if the show was on CBS ... but we will never now that unfortunately :(

7. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Fast Lane, great series. They had quite a lot of viewers until they changed the timeslot to friday evening. Only lasted for 1 season.

And Spin City, always found it a great show. It didn't bother me that Michael J. Fox got replaced by Charlie Sheen. Obviously the other viewers were bothered by it so the ratings went down hill very quickly.

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Spin City ran for six years and 145 episodes. It can not be considered a TV Flop.

The same can be said of Reba. It lasted six years and 124 episodes.

This is not a thread of cancelled series. Please reread the first post.

9. Can_I_be_U

Can_I_be_U Hit and Run

I love Justice, it is too bad about it getting canceled with less than one season. The problem with that one, is that (in my area) they keep moving it around. I have to search for it every week. Kind of like Third Watch, it lost its viewers for the same reason, at least it lasted a few seasons so it is not exactly a flop.

I loved the 80's show too.

And does anyone remember the show Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction? where they would show 4 or 5 supernatural type stories, and then you had to guess which ones were real and which were made up (James Brolin was the host)

10. Dynamo1

Here we go again. Beyond Belief ran from 1997 to 2002. Not a flop in the TV business.

11. Can_I_be_U

Can_I_be_U Hit and Run

Did it really run that long? I don't remember it after the first season.

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Ha! Now I remember few more... because I love cop shows...

Brooklyn South and Total Security and Public Morals.

All Steven Bochco productions... PM was hilarious. Seriously.

Total Security had James Remar :devil:

For me it's sometimes hard to know has it ran for a seaon or two. For example Waikiki (meh, what was the original title? It had Richard Burgi and... ) ran two seasons and I thought it was one.

13. Dynamo1

Ah, yes, "One West Waikiki" ran for 20 episodes with Richard Burgi (before "The Sentinel") and the lovely Cheryl Ladd. Sort of like a female Quincy.

14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I remember one my mom once told me about, a show called My Mother The Car. Right when I heard the title, I was like, 'No wonder it was cancelled.'

15. Dynamo1

I remember watching that one. It starred Jerry Van Dyke (Assistant Coach Luther Van Dam on "Coach") as the son who bought a 1928 Porter car which came with a radio with his mother's voice on it. Only lasted 30 episodes, which was only one season back when shows had longer seasons.

Does anyone remember a flop that was actually very good, named "Salvage 1"? From 1979, it starred Andy Griffith and Joel Higgins, and it ran for 20 episodes.