~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Finch, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Hah i mean Yay oilers Whoot Whoot *Thumbs up* watching a oilers game that i so love will go great with some Tim Hortans :lol: ha that is advertisment my friend :D

2. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ Ooh that sounds good. Imagine, watching a Canadian sporting event with a Timmy Ho's product besides you. Genius I tellz ya. I would truly feel Canadian :lol:.

Yeah, & I was hoping you would offer me one :p. Besides, haven't you ever heard of, "Find a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck"? :rolleyes:

Oh Palm how I adore you & your sense of humour :lol:. I'm glad I'm not the only one here who enjoys collecting stray pennies.

3. Palm

Palm Coroner

^ Pennies are awesome. Get 50 of them together and you can roll them up in those sweet ass .. um. Roll thingys. The bank throws them at you.

Haha. I remember when my brother used to go to Hockey and all the Dads would have their coffee mugs out, staring at the rink mesmorized and all the Mom's would be chatting about who recently died/got married/divorced/Why won't their kids help them with housework.
    Such a Canadian Expierence.

[Whistle]
    The cat came back the very next day...

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

you know youre too canadian when... :lol:

one of my neighbours around the corner has a hockey rink and a zamboni. he sold something to microsoft and made millions but wanted to stay in london because he grew up here. theres also a retired nhl goalie that lives down the road a few minutes, dont remember his name. but he was a backup goalie and averaged a minute or two per game but he is a millionaire too and has a massive house and property. now thats just not right if you ask me :lol:

5. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

^
    ^
    LOL. That's Joe Canada right there :lol:

I did something uber-Canadian yesterday - I went skiing at Blue Mountain. It was such a mission to get there (because of spontaneous snow :mad: ) and a pain the ass because I was a first-timer (I mostly snowboard).

I finally got the hang of it, and then did a nice wipe-out and scraped up my back. But holy Schnike do my muscles (that I didn't even know I had) hurt.

Ya, get your butt over here. Im sure I could find you something to do *cough* :devil: :p

Also, that little diddy is a total BS. I used to pick up pennies all the time and I never had good luck :(

6. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

hey hey hey now...not fair i havent been able to properly defend my Oilers...who did win Friday in a shootout against detroit i must add :D (damn calgary internet and it being a piece of crap!)

and Palm whats wrong with calgary - other than their internet being crap and their sporting teams sucking? :lol:

about the oilers zamboni guy...that was on the news in Edmonton a while back. i remember the news guys joking about how him and his neighbour (since the rink used both yards) would settle a dispute. and of course the response was that theyd take it on the ice. hehe totally canadian, settling fights on the ice.

and jorja i'm with ya on needing a job...i have about 80$ in the bank and oh 600$ owing on my visa. i tell ya, i had money before i started post secondary. now its like "where did all my money go"? hehe reminds me of that college administraters remark adam made on CSI:NY a couple weeks ago.

ok....must sleep and not ramble....4am...lol. i want an ice cap....maybe ill grab timmys tomorrow before conquring my homework that i couldnt do because the internet where im staying sucks. yep, that sounds like a plan :lol:

7. glam_chic86

^^ For the last time I will *not* do your dirty work :mad:. You find someone else who isn't as foolish as me :lol:.

Now I really have a craving for Timmy Ho's. The closet coffee & doughnut joint by my house is a 711. The closet Timmy Ho's is a gas station a few blocks down but they don't have any iced caps, just coffee. Why :(.

8. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

To me Calagary is like a cleaner Edmonton, i do like going there but they dont have the biggest mall :lol: and it's hard to find Wal*Marts there ;) i do remember a gorilla balloon the last time i went, and i went to Cosco :lol:

9. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

no walmarts kicky? ok i know of a few in the south end. and as for the mall...yeah west ed is nice but its too big i prefer kingsway better but in calgary chinook does the trick or even southcenter. cant you tell that when i'm in cowtown i stick to the south end :lol:

and i totally agree, calgary is a cleaner edmonton :lol: oh well i like edmonton because thats where most of my friends reside :D speaking of going to celebrate a friend's (ok so friend means i've known him all my life and he's like my younger brother) 18th birthday...should be interesting to say the least. :D have a wonderful saturday night everyone!

10. Palm

Palm Coroner

^ Calgary is cleaner than Edmonton because they barely have snow. And when they do, it's like the city collapses upon itself. Just ONCE I'd like to see Calgary get hit with a -40 snowstorm while WE got the Chinooks and waltz around the city like it's summer.
    DAMN I HATE CLIMATE!

Yeah. I'm really bitter. SHELBERS! You BETTER have a good time at that party! *Shake Fist*

11. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

I know eh. One day Edmonton has +6* and the next day it is frekin snowing and you have to go jump in the snow because your friend threw your math binder in the snow after you threw her back-pack!

...Palm you aren't the only one who's bitter.

12. glam_chic86

Toronto is by far the dirtiest place in Canada :p.

I too loathe the climate. I mean, the weather couldn't make up it's frigging mind. One minute it was sunny & the next minute it was pouring out. I mean gawd, get a clue :lol:.

I miss summer. Damn winter & it's coldness & snow. *shakes fist

13. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Oy, I wish it were still Reading Week. Mine was the week before last, and I got plenty of reading done, as well as had some fun, but then last week hit and it was like !BUSY! !TESTS! !HOMEWORK! !GAH! :mad:

But, today I did something VERY Canadian. I was reading a humourous book entitled "How To Be A Canadian" :D . Here's an exerpt:

:p

14. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

ok party was awesome! went to a few places and ended up at this pub where they where having a name that tune contest! and tonights theme was "Great White North" aka - Canadian Bands/Singers :D

i hate the edmonton weather...i miss the chinooks that i got when i was living in southern alberta, now i can only enjoy those when i go to visit.

and quickbeam that is so true! i was at this concert and one of the singers said and i quote "Canada has 3 national anthems - O Canada, The Star Spangled Banner and the Hockey Night In Canada Theme" (ok so not sure about the Star Spangled Banner but i can sing that off by heart). So he then proceeds to sing this frickin awesome randition of "The Hockey Song" by Stompin Tom Conners. The whole bar was singing! I love that song...especially the verse that the Corb Lund Band adds in their live version (it also helps that their version is pro-oilers!).

Sung to the tune of "The Hockey Song" by Stopmin Tom Conners-
    "Goodness me, FOXTV,
    where did you get your sight?
    Can't you keep track,
    the puck is black,
    that's why the ice is white!
    And that big red glare you see up there,
    well we've seen that for years.
    For heaven's sake,
    all it takes is a couple a' dozen beers!" :lol:

15. Palm

Palm Coroner

XD I love that book. So many days it got me through History.
    I'm actually glad Reading Week is over. All I did was draw and now my wrist feels like an 80 Year Olds.

Omg. I LOVE that song now that you put up, Shelby.
    o___o

And yay! I'm not the only one bitter about climate!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.