Drinking thread.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Calihan, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

:rolleyes: It is vodka! And yes, it's goodies :D
    Doh, it is Finnish (even tho the real owners are now americans :( But it's still made in here :D )

<3 Finlandia

2. allmaple

allmaple Judge

Ducky its funny you would mention kilkenny because my cat drinks out of a miniature kilkenny pint glass :lol: i dont know where it came from, but pixie doesnt like to drink out of bowls, only people glasses. so she has her tiny pint glass.

i dont know about beer but whenever we go out after band everyone gets keiths, i guess cuz its canadian and all. but one guy always got guiness and he made me try it. i was coughing and choking after the tinniest sip :lol:

3. SpeedleCSIMiami

SpeedleCSIMiami CSI Level One

Ok so I turn 21 in 6 days and I am going out to the bar to celebrate. Anyone have any good drinks to have?? If you could also tell me what is in some of them, because I am not good with just drink names.

4. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ Go for a bellini/mimosa, tartini or apple martini. Bacardi breezers are good too. Personally, I go for drinks that I can't taste the alcohol in.

I'm kinda iffy when it comes to ouzo. Everyone seems to think I automatically like it because I'm Greek :lol:. The trick to make it good is to add 50% ouzo, 50% water when putting in into a glass. I learnt that in Greece from a guy who produces his own ouzo & he's right, it tastes better then pure ouzo in a glass. However, rum is my favourite.

5. SpeedleCSIMiami

SpeedleCSIMiami CSI Level One

Thanks for the advice. I have always wanted a martini, I think I will have to try one.

6. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Definitely go for it. I has apple vodka, lemon ^ lime juice & another type of fruit liquor. Oddly enough the one I had had no apple juice in it but it did have a wedge of granny smith apple :lol:.

However, the bellini/mimosa is my absolute favourite. It's such a sweet & feminine drink :D.

Oh, and no problem. Have fun on your birthday :).

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

were not allowed to call those drinks martinis in my house, dad gets mad :lol: but yeah, theyre good. its been two years but most times when i go out and am not the driver (which is rare) when the waitress asks what i want i ask someone else to pick for me :lol: anything with fruit juice, lycee is the bestest. i like long island iced tea or ameretto sours because i have a major sweet tooth :D

and jorja, my first drink on my birthday was a peach belini :) quite good. i go for 'girly' drinks because they dont taste like burning

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Smirnoff ice/bacardi breezers are goodies :D

I remember when we turned 18, our fave drinks were Blue Angel (which is actually purple - and it's very girly drink :p ) and then San Francisco, which is orangejuice and Passoa (I think it's some orange/mango/passion thingie). Then (usually when already drunk) Marianne :D It's milk and mint booze (even better if they crush the ice in it... name comes probably from Finnish mintcandy). Tequilla Rose with milk is awesome.

9. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Before I became a certifiable drunk, I used to think that most of this stuff tasted pretty awful too. But then I did some research about quality...
    Have you ever tried keeping it in the freezer? That goes a long way to minimizing any bad flavor. Of course, you could spend your money on something really high-end like Belvedere or Grey Goose and it goes down very smoothly.

I wholeheartedly agree. Two of my uncles work for Angostura Distilleries in Trinidad and they produce a range of products from the stuff that you *must* mix in a drink to the stuff that you can drink straight on the rocks. Most liquor is like this I've found.

That sounds like a makeshift margarita -- I did that once after a final exam. It was wonderful. Really good tequila will have 100% agave on the outside of the bottle and will not make you want to cut your head off your body the next day. My favorite is El Patron.

Never had it... jorja will you bring me some when you come to LA?

10. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I couldn't do either of those for a couple reasons. I couldn't keep it in my freezer because then my family would know that I drink.

Although I recenlty admitted to my mom that I drink and romised her that I've only done it a few times and found nothing enjoysble about it. She said that she still trusts me because I never did it with frineds and was completely honest, and realized how alcahol causes a lot of problems so I didn't get in any trouble or anything.

I couldn't but better quality stuff because I'm only 16.

In terms of tatse I'll tell you this, I believe it's made with sometihng that's also in liquorice so it mainly tastes like liquorice.

11. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I really like monster and absolut chasers.
    they're awesome. and jagerbombs [sp?].

I'm also very into smirnoff ice and mike's hard.

12. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

I used to be into Smirnoff Ice and WKD but they're very sugary and leave a bad taste in my mouth so I've switched drinks entirely and am now into Southern Comfort. Great stuff.
    Also enjoy champagne, pink champagne and Rose wine.

13. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I like hard liquor when i want to get drunk, and beer when i need to go home early.
    i like korbel champagne. it's good.

14. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I like Vodka, champagne+energy drink and wine+coke. I can't stand St. Hubertus. Jägermeister is okay, it's very similar to Hubertus, though. Hmm, what else do I drink? I like every kind of liquors, Bailey's is my totally favourite.

15. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

My drink of choice is bourbon and coke. I wouldn't be a true Kentucky girl if I didn't like bourbon. :) I went through a "ooh whats that?" phase where I tried absolutely any kind of drink to see if I liked it. That didn't always turn out so well...now I just stick to my B & C.