"Fallen Idols" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 18, 2007.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

the only clues i have seen are in the first 2 seasons...after that it was grissom trying to get away from sara...and sara becoming overly obsessive. She was like a 4 year old trying to get attention to her 'daddy'. That is why this relationship is really creepy and gross.

2. edog

edog Lab Technician

I didn't say it was out of left field. I'm not blind to all the subtle and not so subtle hints that have been dropped over the last 7 years.

However, I think we can all agree that Grissom had effectively shut Sara down a few times over the course of the series to ultimately make their union at the end of Season 6 seem somewhat surprising. So in fact, what I'm arguing is the timing, not the fact the romance has been lingering under the surface. Anyway, I said my peace on this above and I really didn't plan on starting a war over it. ;) Everyone is entitled to their own ship and opinion.

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

For me, their "relationship" entered creepy territory during her stalking scene in play with fire. Since then, there has been no basis for any relationship between them. All it has shown me is that if someone stalks and harasses another person long enough with sexual innuendos and not taking "no" for an answer, the one being stalked will give in. It hasn't been a great message that TPTB have been sending.

Onto brighter things for this episode - Sara & Archie's singing has had me playing Me'Shell's song on repeat for the past day. A few episodes ago it was "sweet jane" running through my head 24/7, now it's "if that's your boyfriend"! ARGH!!!

4. edog

edog Lab Technician

I know! Between Evanescence's "Good Enough" and Me'Shell's "If That's Your Boyfriend", I've been driving my roommate up the wall!

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Hmm, I never really saw anything stalkery or anything...kinda curious where that's coming from.

I find it interesting how even though we're all watching the same things, we interpret it differently...particulary in ship stuff. Sometimes I start to wonder what it is/what happens that leads one person to take a different view than another.

I think the scene had pluses and negatives...it was really short and at the end of the ep and at least they weren't like making out at work or anything. I'm not going to complain too much, I myself want all the GSR I can get but part of me isn't sure whether to just sit back and enjoy the more blatant stuff like that or to say it's better off in fanfic and to let us look for the hints and interpret it ourselves.

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I found it interesting as I was re-watching the scene with Catherine & Gil going over the phone calls while walking through the lab, if you pay attention to the background, you can get a good understanding of how the lab is laid out - which labs are where in correlation. It made me wonder: is there a floor plan or layout of the entire lab anywhere online? I might have to go searching.

7. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I think what the person mean, on the episode, Playing with Fire. Sara was follow him around like a sick puppy, first, she has a crush on him, (I don't blame her, look at him, he's sexy.) She became obession with him, then she fall in love with him. I thought she was, but she didn't, she was trying to figure it out how to ask him out, but he said, no. I didn't see the card in his hand, when I watch it again then I saw it the card in his hand, he was going to the ear doctor that day.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Good perspective.. very open-minded.. [​IMG] and things evolved I think after "Bloodlines" his final speech, and then "Committed" where he realized he might lose her.. and then "Nesting Dolls" where she poured out her heart to him and then well, many think that's where it got hot and heavy..but in "Fallen Idols" the scene ws so short it didn't in any way take away from the whole show!!! just added to it, new heights ;) if "GA'" is faring better than CSI, maybe this will pick up the ratings, as it should be

9. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

She wasn't stalking him, she was trying to get him at a good time to ask him out. That's why she does it at the end, because no one else was around. If you watch she stops when she discovers she can't get him alone and walks away just in time to get caught in the explosion.

I find it interesting how some people's views become biased because of their ship preference :confused: I'm not saying any of you are, of course! I personally love GSR but I'm an avid multi-shipper, I'll pretty much just ship Sara with anyone :lol: :p

And in season four, wouldn't you say Grissom got 'obsessed' in Butterflied? Heck he didn't leave the scene the entire time. They have been building this relationship up through every single season, 1-7 and they've finally decided to take the plunge. Not everyone's going to like it, some people are going to love it but that's how the show was originally steered and they're going to play it out that way.

But I suppose we should save the 'ship talk for Shipper Central ;)

10. LUCKEY008

LUCKEY008 Victim

I thought the reference to YouTube was pretty funny. Cause that's what a lot of kids do now a days..

11. Aquarian

Aquarian Hit and Run

This was a pretty good episode. A lot of Nick moments and liked it when he was paired with Grissom. And the singing between Archie and Sara was just too hilarious!
    And that last scene...Wow!
    And I'm sure it was just me but, at the end, it looked like Sara was going to check herself for crabs. LOL She was standing there in front of a mirror (before they showed Gris) with a what looked like a comb or something. So anyway...haha

12. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I liked it for the most part. Not the bes but DEFINATELY not the worst. Most of my observations have been said above.

That Charlie was definately creepy.

I did not guess that Megan was in on it, but I did wonder what she was doing that whle time, obviously she was in the shed, because they were fooling around.

One thing I'm missing is...was diane there with them the whole time? It was her who hit Megan, right? That was a drop confusing.

Nick and Greg working together was great. I was sort of indifferent, I'm not exactly a Nick and Greg shipper, but I really like their chemistry together. I knew that I'd be happy if they got a case together, but I didn't know how happy :D

Am I the only one who loves when Nick is annoyed? The whole ep, I kept thinking, 'I DO NOT pity those who cross him :p '

Chastity belt scene, LMAO.

Grissom callin David David was a highlight for me.

Surprisingly, Sara didn't make me cringe this ep. Either her smile is less fake, or she is growing on me. The only thing I cringed from was the crabs. Well, the shaving scene at the end...I sorta gagged, not cringed.I'm not 100% opposed to GSR, but IMO, the scene was OUT OF PLACE, having nothing to do with anything, and CHEESY!!!(the fact that I am not 100% opposed DOES NOT mean that I am a GSR shipper, btw, so DON'T think that! It just means that it's their life, I'd rather Gris choose some other woman, but he chose her, so fine :p )

Greg getting play does not nessicarily mean sex, I thought of that too. Could be that the writers screwed up with the continuity, or that he was just trying to make Nick jealous :p

13. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

i like all the episode and the scene gsr, i think that is great this scene why the same scene or more accion ( you know)whith another character is cool ( all the boyfriends´s cath, griss-LH scene...) but if is grissom & sara ruined the show...never i wil can understand never i sorry.

Fallen Idols = great episode ;) i hope more episodes equalize to this.

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Untacking please feel free to continue the discussion. :)

15. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I finally got to watch it & would've replied sooner but had issues getting back into this site for two days.(sorry OT) Anyway, I liked it except for the end. Was good seeing Grissom tote his beard again. I think he looks soooo hot with it. Surprised me also about Megan. Loved the ep though. I thought it was very good.