Ratings: CSI vs ...

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Waiting, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

2. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

hmmm it says I need a username to access the chart

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

4. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Thanks for the chart.

It's interesting to see Grey's continuing to increase their lead over the past 4 weeks, but CSI this year has the highest overall night. I wish CSI season 6 was taking on this season Grey's. Was last season's 10th episode 'Still Life'? Way were the ratings so high for that one???

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

HUGE ratings for Grey's last night, but CSI is up as well.

Grey's likely got about 27-28 million. That doesn't surprise me, because it was the conclusion of the arc. I was hoping that the horridness of last week would deter some people, but honestly if they were killing off Sara, I'd tune in no matter the cheese.

Having said that, I've looked around at some Grey's pages and their fans are NOT pleased with the ending. I mean, some are, clearly, but a good portion are all chanting "Sharm jump"

I think CSI likely got somewhere in the neighborhood of 23.5 million.

Up, but not great in comparison. We'll see what happens after March Madness. Lord knows what Grey's will pull out of its ass to keep people coming back.

6. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Well season 6 numbers are misleading because they weren't competing with Grey's last season. It would have been the same way as the 7th season or that is what I think.

Grey's is just a new show that is pulling every bit of drama that it can from its ass to be able to pull the numbers they are doing. So...in that light...how long can the show survive before it flunders. Especially when a cliff hanger for the show is the possibility that one of the main character's could possibly die. :rolleyes: Please if we all don't know how that will turn out. Not only that the show has already done what the viewers wanted, and that is putting the two main characters together. So...what is there left to see?

7. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

No new episodes for some time now, is Grey's doing the same thing??

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

^ Both have repeats for at least the next two weeks, according to the TV Guide online listings.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I would imagine so. It's March Madness.

And I agree, Waiting. The fact that those are series high numbers for Grey's suggest that new viewers tuned in because of the hype. If I was watching that for the first time, I definitely wouldn't be encouraged to tune in again.

CSI does a plain no-frills casefile and its numbers just go up naturally. That's quality vs. cheap flash.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Here in Canada, Grey's was shown at 7:00 p.m. and CSI at 9:00 p.m.

Frankly, between the two shows, I thought CSI was a better show. I thought Grey's was a little cliched and overdone.

I like both shows.

11. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

Meh. I'm starting to care less and less that Grey's is winning. At least I'm not having a whole lot to complain about when each episode is done (unlike a lot of GA fans). This season has knocked my socks off. I'm just hoping for a good end to the MCSK story arc. If they can tie up the loose ends and keep making it interesting, I will be first in line for the DVDs. And I might even finally pick up season 6, if it's on sale ;)

12. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

I agree, I can't wait till this season comes out on DVD. Anybody know how many episodes they are going to do this year?? The first four season they did 24, Season 5 they did 25, and last season they did 24. I'm interested to see if they do a 2 part season finale with the MCSK, that would boost the ratings for the last few episodes.

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

When we were getting good, but not great, episodes early on, I really cared about beating GA. At this point, if more people want to watch it, it just feels like, "Oh well. Their loss. Missing out on some great TV."

14. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Amen to that

15. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Off of Drudge:

Considering it was a sweeps night, the episode last night was fairly ordinary and didn't really ring any bells. I have a feeling that the "end of Keppler" would have done better in this same circumstance.

With the arrival of American Idol for a new season, it is now a pretty solid 3 way race at 9PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.