~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Finch, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Hmmm my mom is Colorado right now with my brother with my brother for his hockey tourney. Me thinks I'll call her up & tell her to smuggle some ice tea on the plane :lol:.

2. glam_chic86

*whispers* Where is everyone :eek:?

Sooo...any of you do anything Canadian lately eh? Like, pet a beaver, pick up a hockey stick, eat some Timbits make some Mac & Cheese. Anyone?

3. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

hi sorry all....ive been hanging with my friends in calgary (basically, me entertaining them) so its been hard for me to get here.

as for doing canadian stuff, we're going to a WHL game sunday, calgary vs. kamloops (or it may be kelowna, they both have teams i just cant remember which one calgary is playing tomorrow). lol. we went to brewsters tonight...thats really canadian.

and about the iced tea, i only like the stuff we get here (the sweetened, nestea). but i fell in love with the strawberry-lemonade when i was in california. they have it at TGIF's, and Applebees (that i know of) and its lemonade with pureed strawberries in it, blended with ice....so yummy. oh and it tastes good with a little bit of vodka in it too :devil:

i do know that the slurpees they have in the USA are different than the ones we have here and from what i hear, not as good as our "canadian" slurpee.

4. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Maybe everyone's frozen or has hypothermia from the bloody cold and can't move their fingers.

I trudged through some snow, had Tim Hortons twice yesterday, watched the Leafs kick the Oilers ass, bought another winter touque and some pillows from Sears. Im quite the Canadian, eh.

ETA: I think Im going to have Mac & Cheese for lunch today, thx jorja ;)

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Personally, I'm trying to hybernate until the spring comes and my igloo melts. Sadly, though, I have not pet a beaver lately.

6. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

you just had to rub that in, didn't you Allstar? :lol: i had some timbits and bought some shoes from sportcheck and sears yesterday and i am going to be watching a hockey game tonight.

eeek...i had to rescue this thread from the second page..where'd everyone go? oh and to everyone in alberta, hope you all had a good family day :D

7. allstar12

But of course. It's a rarity that they win nowadays, I have to mention it when it happens :p

8. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

My Oilers are pretty down lately. :( Hey i live near Edmonton, i can say they're mine. :lol:

9. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Ew the Oilers suck! hahahahahah i laugh at them :lol:

10. allstar12

Aw, hey now. You might get your ass kicked.

11. glam_chic86

You know what sucks?

The penny! Yeah, that's right. There's talk of planning to get rid of it. I guess instead of bending down to pick up a penny it'll be a nickel. Oh, how I love people's petty change :lol:.

12. allstar12

You pick up pennies and nickles off the street..? Need a job, jorja..?

I'll bend over for a loonie or toonie, heck even a quarter. But 5 cents .. have some respect for yourself :rolleyes:

ETA: I just realized how bad "I'll bend over for..." sounds :eek: :lol:

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

you dirty minx you :p my highlight of money being on the ground was when there was a 5, that was a nice day :) except yesturday i had no pennies! :eek: when do people have no pennies? so i didnt have exact change for sushi lunch. i am the queen of exact change.

ooh!! and yesturday was so mild i was out without a coat! woo! i was just going from the car to the sushi place and then the car to the mall, but still no coat! :) be gone winter!

14. allstar12

maple, I love exact change! That's probably why I keep pennies and nickels around still :lol:

Whenever I go shopping for clothes, I try to always pay in the exact amount or if not, the exact cents amount. The cashiers love that.

15. Palm

Palm Coroner

*points and roars at Shelbers* CALGARY!?!?
    Anyways. Reading week rules. I went into a coma! HA HA.

Anyhoo. I pick up nickels. So JORJA BE NOT ALONE. Their good when the cashier is like "5 cents, bitch!" And your like "Girl, it is ON!"
    Not really.

WOW A CLOUD.
    Omg, if my headphones die, I'm gonna go into another coma....
    WHO LIKES HOUSE. Doctor and/or playing house.
    O_________o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.