Episode #516 'Broken Home' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Feb 17, 2007.

1. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

This is what I thought of it.

Hey Lucy I was very please with it. At least noone should be able to complain about Horatio stealing the show. Calleigh looked great. Ryan & Eric was back to sparring off with each other. Natalia's getting better with the job.

2. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

The BF and the GF seemed like they were together with it from the beginning. And like i said, that teenager boy didn't change his clothes for like 2 days straight.

3. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

I thought the worst actor was the babysitter. She sucked bad. I am sorry but she had no emotion.

4. CSI_CSIMiamifan

CSI_CSIMiamifan Prime Suspect

I actually wasn't too disappointed with this episode. the only thing i would have liked would be horatio confront eric and ask him how he's doing. eric got time with ryan, calleigh, and natalia, but not horatio.

i'm glad they didn't completely forget about Eric. I was really happy when they showed the scar on his head when he turned his head. And when Ryan asked if he was ready to do this again. I don't think Eric was being too mean to Ryan, he just said something like I'll be as ready as I can be or better get it done earlier.

i'm also glad they made Eric make a mistake. he kept denying it by saying, "I couldn't have made a mistake. I wouldn't do that." Also, when he first found Calleigh going over his evidence, he was kinda mad. I thought he felt like no one believed he could do it anymore. I liked the lines between Calleigh and Eric in this scene. Eric denying making a mistake, and Calleigh trying to confront him. When she says, "H2O and H2O2, it's a common mistake." Eric then gets kinda sad. "I knew I came back to early." i felt so bad for him.

also, later when he's just standing outside the interrogation room, he's afraid to go in. he keeps telling calleigh he made a rookie mistake and came back to soon. When Calleigh said, "Okay, I guess I'll do this one by myself, but we need you eric." i thought that was so sweet.

i thought the case was actually a bit interesting. nothing to exciting but not terrible either. and horatio's little story was okay too. i was a little lost at first, but i caught back up with it.

i just wish they'd had some scenes with Eric and Horatio. Oh, and i didn't really mind the whole, "it's been a few weeks." line that much. they could have not mentioned it and made us think it's been a while later. but, a few weeks can also mean a range from usually 3-5 weeks. so, we can assume it's about a month later. maybe a little too quick of a recovery. it's better than it only being 1 or 2 weeks later.

kinda off topic, but can someone tell me what TPTB means. i always see people use this, but i can't figure out what it means.

also, on another off topic note, Happy Mardi Gras!

5. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Aw, thanks for posting your thoughts katpin. I do appreciate it. I just wish the show could inspire me like it used to. We shall see. There is always hope and I haven't quite given up yet. ;)

CSI_CSIMiamifan, TPTB stands for 'the powers that be'. :)

6. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

I wiah Horatio and Eric would have more one-on-one time. Same with Alexx!

Speaking of Alexx, her hair looked like a glossy black this episode.

7. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

that was a pretty good episode to my opinion... ide have to say DC did a better job in this episode than in No mans land or Man down... i think he pretty much showed the rite expression in the scenes for this episode... what i dont get is... they really didnt show enough of eric... he had like what 10 minutes in the whole show... after he went to check for blood on the teen girl... we never saw him until like the almost ending of the episode.... i have to say... after a kick ass episode like man down... they stooped way down to like law and order material... but it was still a good episode

8. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

And DC looked great in the ending, at the cemetary. He was just perfect, i couldn't even breath right.

9. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, now that Gris is back, re-replacing the red-shirted ensign - er - plot-device-to-cover-a real-world-absence - er - Keppler...

Anyway I had to DVR this ep and I finally watched it...

- Ah yes, the magic "few weeks". Not quite as lame as a "Dallas"-style Bobby-in-the-shower, last-season-was-a-dream schtick, but...sprinting for second...

- I knew I recognized the name of the actor (Jeremy Sumpter) who played the boyfriend: Several years ago he did an incredible job in the movie "Local Boys" as the kid brother of...well, it was hard to tell who was the "main character" in that movie, but Jeremy pretty much stole the show.

- Seemed like a lot of different ways of owning up to mistakes going on, from Eric's reluctance to believe he was capable of such a basic error (though he certainly had an excuse) to NBV's quick admission that she failed to look at "the big picture" due to, almost literally, "straining at a gnat". And as far as the doctor, the kleptomaniac kid and his parents, the sitter and her boyfriend? Experts in denial, one and all, whether deliberate or as a psychological crutch.

- What is with the orgy of glitzy MTV-ized FX? Blinding fade-in/fade-outs, cutesy screen divisions, stuff that was dorky when it was used in pop videos in the 80's. Am I watching a drama about forensics, or a Duran Duran video? I mean, it's cute once or twice, but... [/snark mode off]

I wasn't picking up on as much animosity between Eric and Ryan as some other viewers apparently were. Some friction, yes - but Ryan had called into question (as it turns out, correctly) Eric's usual readiness for this kind of work...and Ryan would know whereof he spoke, by painful personal experience. But Eric had a sharp response, because he just didn't want to believe he was anything less than his usual top-rate self. He'd never had a real reason to doubt himself before.

Not my fave ep, but an interesting one nonetheless. The themes of doubt, denial and outright dishonesty were woven fairly well through the story, I thought.

10. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

*nods* Nice review.

11. Forensics_annie

Forensics_annie Witness

i watched it lastnight. i thought it was a great eppy. i liked the fact they kept the subject of his death in the plot the entire time.

12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax CSI Level One

Ah, yes... speaking of NBV and the bug evidence thing, even my hubby said, "Hey, they need Grissom. Shouldn't he be there?" :lol:

And I don't think Ryan and Eric were sparring at all. On the contrary, even though Eric was a bit defensive, it's evident that Ryan was merely concerned for him when he asked if he was ready.

13. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I felt so bad for Eric, especially that scene between him and Calleigh. I nearly cried.

Natalia seems to be the one giving him what he needs right now, it was her encouragement that lead to him figuring out the whole fly senerio.

All in all it was a good episode.

14. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

I really didn't notice Natalia in this episode. Sure she had plenty of scenes with Mr. Wolfe, but she always goes unoticed (sp?) with me. Like she was invisable.

15. Flail_Master

Flail_Master Victim

Natalia was the one who made Eric smile. :)

That's good for them.

------------------------------------------