Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaye

Kaye Pathologist

Re: Sofia Curtis

I really liked her when she was a CSI, and I like her even more as a detective. I think she looks great too! ^_^ But that's just a really nice bonus...

2. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

I couldn't agree more. Not to mention the fact that she's beautiful. (No wonder there's such chemistry between her and Grissom. :devil: ) I'm looking forward to seeing the character develop more this season. The ep 7 spoilers look quite promising.

3. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

You know, it's nice to be around Sofia fans. She rocks and can totally hold her own amongst Sara and Cath.

I like her in the detective role, although no more or less than I did when she was a CSI.

Plus, that hair. Jealousy is me. :lol:

4. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

she looks more gorgeous than ever..used to dislike her in formalities...started liking her in mea culpa...fell in love with her character after tt especially after she turned detective...and im stil rooting for more scenes of her in season 6...

tough and intelligent...and she doesnt mix emotions with work :p

5. LaCacahuete

LaCacahuete Police Officer

This season, she looks completely gorgeous, and I'm sooooo happy she's still around. I heart Sofia! :D

6. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

We Sofia fans also gather at CSI Curtis Appreciation Page, it's a Yahoo Group where we can talk about Sofia without walking through all the bashing she gets.

Maybe it's because I'm older and have seen so many shows since the 70's that make women always lesser than a man, that to finally see a show portray a female on pair with a man is exciting. I don’t need to see another drama-queen or girl motivated by puppy-love, seen it thousand times before and it always perpetuates the stereotype of women are too emotional and manipulative.

It is very seldom to see on TV a woman written and acted like a well-balanced person. Peg Bundy she isn’t, thank God! Some may think it’s boring, but they are not looking at the details, the beauty is in the details.

7. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

Thanks for the heads up Tazzer! *joins*

8. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I couldn't agree more! Jealousy is me... :lol: Right there, with ya. I'd give a thousand bucks for Sofia or Cath's hair!

And Tazzer, you are soooooo right. Finally, CSI got it "right" 100%, with a female character. Although I still adore Cath even with her power trip in S5, and Sara, well, power trip or whatever since S1, don't have too much adoration for her character, but that's for a whole 'nuther thread. Point is, the CSI writers simply don't write women very well, IMO. Do women always have to have a angsty, overbearing, catty bully side, to be realistic? Personally, I know many more women in the real world who are more like Sofia - even tempered, well adjusted, team players, funny, smart, independent, and not making fools of themselves over a man for prolonged periods. Maybe I've just been lucky to meet those sort of women through my life and have been honored to call many of them friends, so I see the Cath/Sara characters as more unrealistic, sometimes. And despite what her critics call "boring/useless", I see Sofia as the more realistic female character. Looking forward to seeing more of her in S6. Like it or not, Sofia-Bashers, I suspect she's not going anywhere very soon (*crosses fingers in case she jinxes it by saying that!*) And, as I posted today in the Spoilers thread, I truly don't see her stealing screen time from the regulars. Our tried & true faves might not be prominent in every single episode, but they will still get screen time throughout the season, and there will be some eps where a more minor character like Vartann/Sofia/Archie etc. won't appear in at all, and other times where they will be, because the script calls for it. And there are probably things behind the scenes that we don't know about, i.e. an actor having another project going on and they request less screen time, etc. I truly feel bad for Louise Lombard, having some people bashing her to the point of wishing her ill in real life, over her minor role in a TV show. I don't care for Sara the character, but I have tons of admiration, affection and respect for Jorja Fox, the person. She seems like a wonderful person in real life - I simply don't care for the character she plays on CSI. In another show, I might love her. And I certainly wouldn't call for the death of her character on CSI, despite me wishing she had considerably less screen time. For me, wishing the death of a fictional character is perilously close to wishing harm on the actual person. It's slightly creepy. Much as I despised what Ecklie did in Mea Culpa, the most I truly wished on his character was a good swift kick in the arse & some major commupance, but not death. Ick. :mad: (And if I actually did wish bodily harm resulting in death to his character immediately after Mea Culpa when my dislike for him was very fresh, then please forgive me. A thousand lashes. :eek: )

Anyhoo, once again, I concur with whomever said "It's good to be amongst Sofia fans." And she does have many, many fans - you just have to be at the right place (msg board/thread) to see them. We might not be as vocal as fans of other specific characters, but we're still fans, and we're just as "important", and so are our opinions.

There, rant over! :lol:

9. jerispencerlvl3

jerispencerlvl3 Police Officer

I'm one of the few where Sofia is slowly growing on me. I wasn't really all into her or anything. She just didn't have any appeal for me but I like her.

She was a great CSI and she's a great detective. She was awesome in "Room Service." (I won't say why for fear of spoiling it)

I like her a lot.

10. onenightstand

onenightstand Pathologist

sorry everyone, but i don't like sofia. everyone has their own opinion. this is mine.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

YUCK- she's awful- does not fit in anywhere- she just takes up space that another team member could have-- her voice is flat -monotone- never raises or lowers it- she acts like a zombie- those ears- ''shades of Dumbo'' and her hair- so 60's she needs some make-up & hair tips from Cath-- who's always stunning-she's average looking- not nearly as pretty as Cath or Sara- and can't act-why is she on CSI-???????--hey Sofia-- ''there's the door''buh-bye

12. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

I'm in a weird place. I'm a rabid GSR shipper but I love watching Grissom and Sofia together. It's a fresh flirtation.

I'm hoping they keep Louise Lombard on board. Damn, between the awesome principals, Sofia, and the lovely labbies, the show is going to need to start doing two-hour episodes every week. :lol:

13. Guest

Guest Guest

sofia is a skank!!! shes a lesbian home-wrecker trying to move in on grissom! Grissom and cath are happily maried with ther children nick and sara oh yeah and ther adopted brother worrik

14. CSI_Grissom

CSI_Grissom Lab Technician

i agree with CSIinTraining1 i hate sophia i cant stand her and cant wait till they get rid of her! I hate how she was all flirting with griss, GSR forever!

15. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

Hey guys. I can understand if you don't like Sofia. Fine, we all have our personal tastes in things.

That said, she is not a skank. Also, calling her a "lesbian home wrecker" isn't the most accurate assessment of her character I have ever heard (nothing wrong with being a lesbian, I just don't think it applies in this context). I'm pretty sure this is a thread for Sofia/Louise fans. There is no need to slam characters or ships we're not crazy about. We're all CSI fans, aren't we? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.