Episode #516 'Broken Home' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Feb 17, 2007.

1. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

that was a really good episode. i'll talk more about it after it airs everywhere :)

2. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Oh so that's the reason for 'Super Horatio' in the Adam/Eric thread.... i get it now. Well, not fully. I haven't seen the episode yet. :) Exactly 1 hour by the way!

3. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Eric got shot in the leg. THE LEG! Why was there no follow up to that? Hell, there was barely any follow up at all. Even in his own storylines, Eric gets no screen time.

Why didn't the 17 year old change clothes? Or even showered, for that matter? She wore the same thing for two days straight. Fucking gross.

I love how they can get permission to dig a dead body and all that shit, and then bury it again, in less than a day. I really, really, really hate that about this show. Seriously, all they have to do is change the actors' clothes. Is it really that fucking hard?

Whatever. After last week, this episode was a huge disappointment. It was all shades of meh from cerulean meh to tangerine meh. It wasn't worthy of sweeps at all.

All I kept thinking when Horatio was just standing there uselessly in the hallway and Frank came over to talk to him was being David Caruso must be really embarrassing. His portrayal of Horatio is cringe worthy. I'd seriously be in all kinds of anti-depressants.

4. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

To me, this episode was season 4 material.

5. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

Eric did recover to quickly, but i still felt bad for him, poor Eric.

6. 56SCAE71

56SCAE71 Victim

It was a good episode!

7. Avalia

Avalia Hit and Run

I'm assuming this doesn't need a spoiler code and if it does I will hang my head in shame and apologize to everyone. If not, I shall step onto my soapbox and begin...

Okay... I figured I would come right here and post my review before reading anyone else's. In doing this, I could possible be repeating stuff that has already been said millions of times, so I do apologize if that's the case.

First off, the whole idea of the babysitter thing started to annoy me at first until I realized what was actually going on. At first I was thinking, please do not tell me that we're turning television into a typical horror film that is never mentioned again, (unless it's an old time classic, of course). But then after the plot unwinded, my gears shifted and I thought it was an interesting twist. Typical with the boyfriend supposedly with the daughter and all, but interesting at the end with the mother!

Still focusing on the beginning scenes, I thought it was quite lovely when they first showed Eric. In my eyes he looked bewildered and slightly beside himself, which added to the look of his scar as he turned his head. This was all ruined when Natalia stated a rough amount of time since Eric has been out of the hospital. Out goes reality. Oh well, it is television... and I guess, maybe in certain cases, it's even believable. But a disappointment, nonetheless.

And now onto the dialogue between Ryan Wolfe and Delko. Very bland and definitely back to the old ways. It seemed that Eric still isn't all that fond of RW and I thought Ryan looked slightly annoyed with the situation. Either way, I was disappointed because I was hoping a closer friendship would form. I know no one can replace Speed, but darn... I was hoping for something.

Onward to the fabulous notion of Eric's condition. There was some explanation as to how he had to relearn the basics and I was even glad to see he had messed something up in the case. I thought AR did a great job at portraying Eric's frustration and I really felt for him when he was denying Calleigh's accusations. Excellent on her part as well, you could tell it was hard for her to say that he was wrong. Which brings me to the support NBV was giving in the lab. I know a lot of people don't like her but I think she'll slowly start being a better part of the team and I think her building block is her relationship with Eric. And since I'm still on the subject of Eric, I want to add that when he refused to accompany Calleigh in the interogation process I was touched. I love the relationship between the two of them and it really made me hope for the best when she said that they can't do it without him. It also made me realize that the writers did do a good job at leaving their options open. Frustration can indeed lead to giving up.

And now my pet peeves for the night. The doctor/serial killer plot. Give me a break. I mean I know it happens but I thought it was kind of bland and predictable. It also seems kind of redundant in the sense that back in Season 2 they had a similar story. I was hoping for something a little better, but oh well.

And finally, (I know, it's long, I'm sorry)... the conclusion. It seemed that they kind of forgot about Eric. I was hoping they'd show him sitting alone somewhere amongst his thoughts... anything. But instead, H was saving the day and walking off to his lovely Hummer. :lol:

Onto the acting and then I promise I'm done. I personally thought everyone did great except I was expecting a little more from Jonathan Togo given the performance he gave last week. I guess he does better in emotional situations. Which brings me to Calleigh, Eric, and even Alexx. All three of them communicated volumes through their eyes and I'm proud. I'd cite examples but this post is long enough.

Overall, this was an okay episode, but nothing spectacular. I expected this though, so I'm not entirely disappointed.

Thanks for listening. I'll stop now.

I had to edit because I saw this:
    I never even thought of that and now it kind of makes sense to me and I would love to see this played out. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

8. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

I know all i need to know now. :lol: But thanks for the review Avalia!

28 minutes.... *starts popcorn*

9. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Woah, okay what I don't get is when Ryan got shot in the eye, he had to stay in the lab the episode after. Now Eric gets shot in the head, dies for like 10 minutes, comes back to life and now suddenly he's okay to work again? Oh and um, yeah what happened to his leg? Alexx said that Eric wouldn't be the same Eric they knew, but all I saw was a pissed off Eric. I feel bad for him. He did come back way too early and he knows it.

Horatio is bugging me.

10. lola

lola Civilian

what was the song and or group of the ending seen in tonights episode anybosy know thanks

11. Avalia

Avalia Hit and Run

You're welcome. I hope I didn't spoil much for you, but I'm sure you don't mind either way ;)

12. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

oh come on guys...when was CSI: Miami known for their continuity? *cough Madison cough* *cough Speed cough* *cough Ryans eye cough* :lol:

you didn't expect them to actually have him in the lab or walking funny?....but the way this sounds so far, it's starting to sound very season 4-ish :rolleyes: I'll just have to wait until I see it...

13. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

No i don't. :) 19 minutes to go.

Of course i did! What do you think i am? Mad? (As in crazy of course..) But i didn't even expect him to be up and walking! Even though i like how the show isn't dawdling with getting him back, because face it, if it was doing real life time, it would take about 1 1/2 seasons to get him back. So i'm still happy. Glass half full people, not half empty.

14. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Ah sorry, my bad...that was supposed to be sarcasm in my post. I was making a joke about the complete lack of continuity. Ever. I don't think theres has been much continuity in anything on this show. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still like it, it's just getting a little sloppy. I think the whole "solve the case in one day" thing was basically either to echo the success of "24" or to prove to the audience that they could at leats get that continuity right and have their hair in the same place etc. :lol: Oh, the writers of this show crack me up...they should be comic writers :lol:

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I kinda agree, it's typical of the PTBS though :( *coughFlackcough* I liked that there was *some* followup but he recovered waaay too fast.

Also, shouldn't those bug parts have been sent to a forensic entomologist for proper ID? (it'd be sooo funny if they mentioned shipping it to Grissom LOL)