How You Discovered CSI

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by MacsGirlMel, Jul 30, 2006.

1. szmandatogoholic

szmandatogoholic CSI Level One

I watched it when it came out in 2000, in the US, but stopped because I was busy with school. (I was in, like, the third grade and I had the most horrible teacher who missed half the year.) Anyways, I watched one episode a year later, "Ellie" and stopped again. This time until just before the fifth season started. That's when I started again. I could remember "the black guy picking up the shoe and examining the shoestrings". That was from the first season, I found out, because I got two seasons of CSI (third and fourth) for Christmas from my mom and one (the first) from my mamaw. Then right after Christmas, a few weeks after my birthday, since it's 15 days after Christmas, I had a little over $100. My mom and dad had bought me the second season of CSI for my birthday and I bought myself the first and second seasons of CSI: Miami with my birthday and Christmas money. I had already gotten hooked on CSI: NY, and I was late for school Tusdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from staying up so late to watch the CSIs. Now I'm behind on collecting CSI DVDs, and I wasn't able to watch the sixth season at all last year because I had homework every night.

And that's my CSI: story. But I went to a used bookstore that also takes DVDs/CDs/other things, and I saw the fifth season of CsI, the third season of CSI: Miami, and the first season of CSI: NY. ;) :p

2. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

I heard a lot of those shows, which are dealing with crime scene investigations etc.
    And one evening I didn't know what I should watch, so I flicked through the channels. For some reason I stopped at CSI Miami. In that moment I didn't know that this show was CSI Miami. But I thought: "Hey, it's cool. What's the name of the show?" And I looked in my TV guide and realized that I was watching CSI Miami. Unfortunately I don't know which episode it was. But it was one of season 3.
    I kept on watching CSI Miami and after some episodes I decided to buy the first part of season 2. When I watched it, my parents came home and so they watched it, too and funnily enough they liked it (even today I think it's strange that they like CSI Miami).
    And now we sometimes watch an episode together. :)

3. horatio_love

horatio_love Police Officer

It was the first episode of CSI season one, I just saw the murder at the begining of the show ! so I watched it all to see how are they going to solve the case !!!
    This show is brilliant so I became a fan of it and CSI:Miami, CSI:NY ;)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

On Tv. I think It Was One Of The Fall Thingy

5. Stelmos90210

Stelmos90210 Civilian

I had very bad grades in math and science. My mom went totally ape on me and started to brag that CSI uses MATH AND SCIENCE. I got her hint and started to watch it, and the rest is history.

6. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

my boyfriend's mom and i watched it together. and that was like once. than i started staying at there house every saturday just to watch CSI.

than i stopped and was checking my DVR and found CSI on spike.

the rest truely is history :)

7. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I was coming home from college one day (my first semester in 2004) & I saw a poster at a bus stop advertising CSI:NY. This was when the show was beginning. The poster featured Gary Sinise & Melina Kanakaredes. Anyhoo, it clicked that Melina is Greek & I thought I'd watch the show to support a fellow Greek. I'll watch almost anything with a Greek person in it :lol:. Well, I'm glad I tuned it 'cause now I love the show. I'll also add the men of NY drew me in as well :devil:. 'Til Death Do We Part was the first episode I watched.

8. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Oh wow I just discovered this wonderful thread, I've been hiding out in the Miami, Shipper and Fan Fic threads. :lol:
    I was lounging around with my mom and sister one night and we were channel surfing, and I've always wanted to be a CSI (or work in forensics) so when I saw a forensics lab on TV I told them to stop. We watched the ep of Miami and it ended in a cliffhanger and I thought, I have to see what happens. My sister was deemed too young for it but I wasn't so I caught the next ep. Then I discovered it was on A&E, reruns, and since this was the end of the 4th season when I got hooked I spent the summer and this past winter catching up...now I know the entire storyline, each character's complete background (what's been revealed) and have seen nearly every episode. I'm completely obsessed. :D

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax CSI Level One

I think I was at home alone, flipping through the channels, and I stumbled on this forensic show. I thought it was interesting as they followed and analyzed the evidence, so I kept watching it.

But back then, I had no idea what CSI was or how big of a hit it was as a TV drama. I'm glad now that I caught the fever though. :p

10. britfan

britfan Pathologist

I booked to go to Las Vegas last summer and I was told to watch it by another teacher in my department. The rest, as they say, is history!

11. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

It happened about two years ago, I think (I can't really remember well!). My older sister just told me "Look, there's a new series, a good one, about crimes and stuff, you should watch it, it's cool". Then we watched it together and I absolutely loved it...And still do...Even more than in that day...Anyway, just to let you know, now I am a lot more into it than she is and I end up telling her things that she missed in other episodes or facts that she didn't know about all the time! I'm so glad she told me about CSI!

12. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

When i was in Grade 8, my library had DVD and seasons of shows you could rent out like books. And S1 of CSI Miami was there, i rented, and watched it all in the 2 weeks of Christmas break. And i was simply hooked on the show!

13. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

I got hooked on it from the beginning and am a faithful follower. So faithful that when the first CSI novel appeared in the Airport bookshop, I just had to buy it.

14. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

I started watching CSI from the very first episode. I had seen the previews for it and thought it looked interesting. I was hooked from the first episode. It was only natural that I started watching Miami when it debuted, but my viewing of it has always been sporadic. And NY....well, I wanted to watch it because I have had a huge crush on Gary Sinise since I was in college. It did take me a while to warm up to it, but now NY is my favorite of the three.

15. bulletboomgal

bulletboomgal Hit and Run

My mom was watching CSI down stairs and I was about say 7 and as you can imagen I went to go get a drink I heard screaming coming from the tv as you can imagen I was curous so I went to check my mom just said don't worry I'm only watching CSI I went back up to my room deciding it looked and sounded cool I turned on my tv and sat on the floor in front of the tv staring at the screen not daring to get out of the spot and I've watched it ever since