Speed/Rory #15: Perfection in Pants

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Bullet_Girl, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Re: Speed/Rory #15: Perfection in Pants

^ I consider both to be the pilot. :lol: How's that? :p They were both kind of the starter episodes, so it's hard to tell the difference. Though I guess Cross-J leans more toward the pilot type of episode. (Y'know, it technically being first and all...)

I agree with you 100%. I don't think I could picture nerdy/baby Speed in the rest of the seasons. I think we needed that scruffy untidy chunk of man meat disguised under the pretty dress shirts for it to really be CSI:Miami. :devil:

...It's late and I'm weird at night. :rolleyes:

I wonder though how the show would have been had nerdy/baby Speed stayed....I assume he'd be more like Greggo from LV and spent the entire time in the lab making inappropriate jokes and having the rest of the team give him blank stares. :lol: Not half as cool, but funny to see.

Oh and good luck Still_RIP_Speed!

2. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

:devil: I love that! *giggles*

I'm weird like that all the time :p

yeah, good luck, Still_RIP_Speed! :D

3. Azza4Speed

Azza4Speed Police Officer

Untidy chunk of man meat. :lol: That's another one for the books.

Another Rory Blooper, if you will:

Emily: Well, according to the Tox Screen he was clean when we found him.
    Rory: That just means it's back to the boring doard.
    Emily: *stiffles a giggle* You mean drawing board?
    Rory: Yeah that's... Aw, *expletives deleted**expletives deleted* F-*expletives deleted*
    Emily: *In the corner laughing her butt off*
    Director: Rory, breathe, it's ok. We'll just go for take 46.
    Rory: I AM BREATHING!

4. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

:lol: Damn, that's funny! Almost like Dr.Evils Ghetto remix of "It's a Hard Knock Life" :lol:

Hmmm....but then again, thats something I'd say too....... *giggles alot* *blushes* I am weird :D

5. Azza4Speed

Azza4Speed Police Officer

:lol: I do it all the time. Not long ago I said 'shapter cheventeen' instead of 'chapter seventeen in a speech at school. But It's ok if Rory does it, we'd love him anyway he came, a little bit of a ditz or not. :D

ETA: I hope that's what you mean... :)

6. Still_RIP_Speed

Still_RIP_Speed Police Officer

awwwwwwww you guys are so sweet :D (had more good luck messages on here then in real life!!!) my first day actually went really well thanks although I covered about 100 miles...driving that much is gonna be fun!!but yeah the team are nice so all good-still nervous about when I get my actually caseload *bites lip* anyways....

Rory...Azza4Speed, you make me laugh.....

scruffy untidy chunk of meat-possible next thread title :lol: but I know wayyyyyyyyyyyy too early! But yeah I like what they did with speed's character-I wasn't so sure in CJ...but even during season 1 they were still changing him I think-ie moving from the tshirts to the dress shirt look......for which I'm sure we're all grateful ;) but I love the tshirt/hawian shirt look too......Man this guy is just so hot!!!!

7. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Well Still_RIP_Speed I'm afraid I'm going to have to skip all your posts until you change your banner in your signature as its to upsetting for my little innocent eyes to witness any more :(

8. Finch

Unfortunately, members can have any banner they would like as long as it doesn't violate the Board Rules. ;) Though I'm sure you didn't intend it to sound this way, but it might seem like you're telling her that she can't have a banner from 'Lost Son'.

If you really have a problem with the banner, you can always go into 'My Home' and then 'Display preferences' and then at the bottom of the screen, there's an option called "Do you want to view other user's signatures with their posts". ;) There should be no reason to ignore her posts because of a banner, right? :)

9. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

As you initally said I didn't intend it that way, and I'm sure you and others in this topic knew that, its just my humour :lol:

Course I'm not going to ignore her posts, she is my fellow Lancashire buddy but I will avert my eyes from her banner in her signature, and I am NOT joking :lol: I don't have a problem with it as such, I just find the whole Lost Son 'thing' utterly depressing :lol:

10. Finch

^ Utterly depressing indeed. ;)

You know what would have made that episode a lot better? More Speed scenes, as weird as that sounds. :lol: (Oh no! We're back to the Lost Son conversation. :eek:)

I think if they had added some more Speed, and a little more humour, it wouldn't have been so bad. That being said, we'd probably still find that episode depressing. *sigh*

I liked the fact that they were changing him very subtly. It might have looked like a complete 360 from Cross-J to Golden Parachute, but after that they seemed to slowly change his wardrobe and add some personality here and there.

The wardrobe change is my favorite though. :) He had the t-shirts and a little less formal look, and then he went to the baggy dress shirts, which was still informal but made him seem like he was wearing his dad's shirts. :lol: Not the best choice IMO, but then they switched gears and fit his clothes to him more. Eg: Body Count, Freaks and Tweaks. *cough* black dress shirt *cough* (Man I'm a freak, analysing his wardrobe)

But I figure as his wardrobe matured, so did the character. :p

...And I should probably be more clear, it's not the black dress shirts that make the man or the wardrobe. It's the man himself and the wardrobe lady. :lol:

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Well, until they give us something new to talk about, I don't think we'll ever really stop talking about Lost Son :p

12. Still_RIP_Speed

I sooooooooooooo sorry if I upset anyone with my banner :( (I know you were only joking June_85) but I am really sorry...its just I had the screencap and the idea so there we go...is my new one better???

Thats exactly it!!!! ;) well observed!

13. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

14. Still_RIP_Speed

*huggles calleighspeedle* I know I miss him too!!!and Thats exactly it....his death was soooo wrong in so many ways (not least the fact that it happen!!!!)Love that pic tho!!

15. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

his death was wrong. they totally ruined it with lameness. they could have atleast let the man be one for more than 15 minutes beofre he bit the dust.
    i agree about the wardrobe changes maturing as the character did, they had some good character development in s1&2 not os muhc for speed but in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.