Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Re:Gil <3 Cath #25:pureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CS

I love that Catherine seems to be the only one that can get Gil to really "live".

She coaxes him out, or tugs him, depending on how stubborn he's being, and really makes him face the world and live in it.

I honestly don't think Gil would function without her.

And I love that scene from High and Low kaylyne. Just so telling :D

2. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

I love how, in the earlier seasons, everyone was pretty much in tune with Gil & Cath's relationship. Like the above mention of when Sara asked Cath to talk to Gil for her. And also when Greg said "I thought you & Grissom were tight." That scene {I can't remember the episode} But I just really liked how all the younger CSI's could sense that Gil & Cath's relationship was special. :D That special something seems to have been misplaced as of late. I wonder when it'll be back. {If ever ... :confused:}

3. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Hey all. :) I know I've posted in here somewhere, but I feel like posting again. ;) I have to admit I'm a huge multishipper with Cath. I like her with Warrick and Nick, too. :p But in the earlier seasons you can see there was something there with Grissom. I think there still is but it's harder to see. (But it is there. ;))

I think the scene in Law Of Gravity with him holding Cath was a reminder of their relationship. It was a sweet gesture and it made me miss the old seasons. :(

I agree with the thought of them understanding eachother. I said that a few months ago somewhere, about how they just 'get' eachother. :)

4. Ted9999_GCR

Ted9999_GCR Victim

Ohie! I was watching the x-files last night, (i know this is off topic. don't hurt me. lol) and i believe Agent Scully is a GRILLOWS shipper! And she doesn't even know it! LOL!

SCULLY: Well, it seems to me that the best relationships-- the ones that last-- are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with.

Ooohhh. What's that? Best relationships are rooted in... FRIENDSHIP?? :D

5. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

Yes, they are! :D

I’ve always thought that friendship, comfort, trust, understanding and maturity were essential components of a lasting, loving relationship. What have we always seen since the beginning of the series is that those ingredients are present between Gil and Cath.

They are comfortable enough to say what’s on their minds and their trust in each other allows them to hear beyond the spoken words. They know the other has his/her best interest in mind. They are mature enough to see the other as he/she is, not as she/he would want the other to be. Their personalities are very different so they can learn something from the other and therefore, complement each other.

It is true that opposites attract, and who could be more different than an outgoing ex-dancer and a level-headed scientist? She makes him look at the world outside and he softens her explosive temperament. Imho, that’s a match made in heaven! ;)

6. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

I love Gil & Catherine's friendship. It's one of the first things I noticed when I started watching the show, even before I shipped them. I even thought that they were an actual couple. When my mom told me they weren't I didn't believe her <3 :) I think their friendship was one of the things that had great continuity in like seasons 1-5. It kind of got lost in the mix somewhere in season 6.
    :D

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Yes, it's true that relationships based in friendship are great :)

I loved that scene where Greg goes "I thought you and Grissom were tight". Because the look that Catherine shoots him as she says "We Are" is just so...murderous!

Welcome back to the GC love, sandersidle :) Glad to see you here.

I think if they want to bring CSI bck to what it was, they really need to bring back the GC friendship. That's part of the staples of CSI.

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

yes, the Gris/Cath frienship I think is what keeps the team what it is... a smooth flowing ever changing body of people willing to be there for each other.

Even when Ecklie broke up the team they were still with each and Gil knew that Nicky and Warrick were in 'good hands' he KNEW Cath could run the Swing-shift

the whole Cath/Gil bond is what kept the team cohesive

9. Ted9999_GCR

Ted9999_GCR Victim

The very FIRST time I saw CSI, and had no clue who was who, I actually thought Gil & Cath were MARRIED!!! LOL!

I think my jaw dropped to the floor when one my friends who watched it before me told me that they were just *very* good friends. :lol:

10. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

The thing with Gil and Cath is that they fit so perfectly. That's what made me a shipper. Their perfect chemistry combined with a great friendship. The first ep I watched was Feeling the Heat. When I saw them with that baby, I could have sworn they were or had been or needed to be involved with each other. My grandma told me the truth, but I wasn't convinced that they were just friends.

The next ep I saw was Inside the Box. That sealed the deal. I'm a grillows shipper for life lol.

I watched religously after that. Then season six came along and I was like WTF!

11. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Ted9999 - I loooove you, you like XF too? I believe the ep your talking about is Rain King (one of my favs) I watched it the other day and I thought about that line too ;) And I thought G and C were together too!

And if people dont mind I have some other suggestions for thread title (although I *love* the suggested one!! Layout room)

Gil & Catherine - A Lesson in Chemisty (I think this is my fave btw)
    She loves his fetal pig (LOL)
    They got silk
    Peanut Butter Lovers
    They did the bedroom
    he's got the ying, she's got the yang.

A fave grillows scene of mine is Grissom Vrs The Volcano, when he protects her, even when its safe, he slips his arm on hers. Bless the hot hot hot married couple.

12. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

That's what I thought. When I first got into the show, and bought the DVDs from Season 1 - 4 and started to watch them, I actually thought that they were together, and I knew there would be shipper sites like this. The history that they shared was quite evident to my eyes (might just be me though ;P ) and I knew that their relationship was something special.

HOT MARRIED COUPLE! Hells yeah.

13. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

Gravey, ur not the only one who thinks they share history. There's LOTS of evidence, isn't there?

-Eddie's "I knew you two had a thing"
    -Grissom knows Lindsey's spider joke
    -Catherine wonders why Gil didn't tell her Ed was a cheat
    -Catherine knows about Gil's migraines, his mom,
    -Gil's obvious dislike for Eddie and his ever-present concern for Lindsey

The list goes on. I would really like to see an ep dealing with all that history they shared together. Perhaps about a case they worked way back then and then a case coming up involving Lindsey. I tell you, it'd include a flashback fight scene with Eddie and Cath, GC comfort/sex scene, pregnant Catherine marrying Eddie, and a paternity test, of course.

If you can't tell I seriously believe Lindsey is Gil's.

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Some CG lovin from the archives:
    Checking out PAFCON:
    [​IMG]
    Taking care of the baby:
    [​IMG]

15. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Thanks Kaylyne. I was in need of some G/C lovin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.