"Monster in the Box" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 11, 2007.

1. cercis

cercis Dead on Arrival

Except that the videos are from the 80's (the one video said 'summer 87') and Hodges would have been in college by then.

2. ejacksonian

ejacksonian Hit and Run

If you ask me, "You were wrong" is may not be a reference to Ernie Dell; it may be to how the victim dies. They were wrong about how the woman was supposed to die.

3. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Yay! I saw some Greg, and a good amount too! That makes me very happy. And then the continuity. I'll admit, I'm not fully understanding what exactly is going on, but I swear, if they end all of this in a stupid way, I will seriously make myself sit through at least one episode of CSI: Miami and GA! I'm wanting something big to happen (don't know what) if they are going to drag this out and make him suffer for so freaking long! I need a payoff.

Now before anyone yells at me, I know he has had quite a bit, blah blah blah. I'm being selfish... blah blah blah.. but a girl can hope.

The episode was nice. I liked seeing everyone and they didn't only stay with just one person which was nice.

And I don't think Sara or Hodges is the killer; I don't think it will be anyone we know real well. We definitely have seen them or got clues about them, but I just don't think that it is any set character that has been established... so... just my thoughts.

I'm not mad at CSI anymore :)

4. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Maybe that's the key. The kids in the clip seemed to range in age from somewhere around 8 to maybe 12. If that was from the 1987 tape, we can assume the kids to have been born between 1975 and 1979. That means, we're looking for a killer between the ages of 31 and 27... That is, assuming one of the foster kids is the killer.

5. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Hahaha.. its GREG!

Kidding. If that happened, CSI would go off forever. Hahah.

No, but thats a really good thought! Nice catch. We shall have to keep our eyes peeled for people in that age group.

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i really dont think its hodges, hes not from vegas so he has no connection to ernie or any of the victims. plus as much as i love hodges, why would ernie kill himself to protect hodges? ;)
    i dont think anyone in the lab is involved. if this person is toying with grissom they are probably looking him up online and would have found his seminar out east and that he is away. plus grissom didnt open the box for a few days after his return, and csi follows close to real time so it could have been a week before he got to it. it was intentional that there was lots of warning because even if they found the woman and set up a trap the killer wasnt returning to the apartment to put the murder into action.
    im really dense and never pick up on clues, so if weve gotten a clue as to who it is already i have no idea what that clue is. but i will be disappointed if its someone in the lab, thats not a good answer for me personally. the show for me is the csis and lab techs solving the clues and finding the bad guys, not being the bad guys.

7. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Hodges is a character that exists to allow Greg to become more mainstream. For the first few season Greg was the comic relief in most episodes. Since he has become a more mainstream member of the show, and a new source of humor was needed. Hodges fills that in very well. He is also more stable because he has expressed no interest in field work or "moving up", so he can sit in that space for a long, long time. More serious lab players such as Archie are there to provide the clues and feed the flames without getting actively involved.

Sara's experiences in Foster care might give her character the ability to deal with some of the past foster children, which might be something that breaks the case. You can expect a personal twist (like abuse or other) about Sara's own time in foster care to come up.

There was a ton of information, clues, and personal items in this episode, you can see the setup for a wonderful season ender.

8. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

well, the son did mention there were foster kids before he came along...so it doesn't have to have been one in that video.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I don't think it's Hodges.. he's not got the smarts, nor it that clever, the intricate details of those houses.. HMMM~~~ calls arts/crafts/store~~~ :D and he's too much of a kiss-ass..& blunt.. he'd have given himself away before now!!! not his style. and why? he didn't know any of these people, nor would have any reason.. but, it did say, (TV Guide) "it's dropping clues",~~~pulls hair out~~~ what clues? I just wanted to reiterate, how great this epsiode was, and how great DOC, is, forgot to mention him..in my former post. he rocks, always the strong force in his forte'

10. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

It's Ecklie. We haven't seen him lately because he's been too busy creating those meticulous models.

(You know I'm kidding.)

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Untacking please feel free to continue the conversation. :)

12. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

In my view , the miniature killer is the human mind .

13. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Just saw it (don't ask), good ep, one problem:

Gil said the killer's killed 5 people:
    -Izzy
    -the cancer woman
    -the chicken dude
    -the cop
    -??? (the husband killed the wife)

EDIT: Right, brother, I wasn't thinking.

And MissDee, you may be onto something.

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Actually, the man wasn't the woman's husband, it was her brother that killed her, because she has parkinton disease. He cry because he love his sister and he doesn't want to see her suffer but he was underarrest for murder. It just 4 murders, that is all. the cop was mistake, the killer got the wrong one. It was suppose to be the doctor, not the cop.

15. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

I'm guessing that Grissom is counting Ernie Dell as the fifth victim... his current theory is that Ernie offed himself to protect the real MK, so in an indirect way that makes the MK responsible for his death too.