"Monster in the Box" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Skipperkat11

Skipperkat11 Victim

Hmmm...I don't know what happened to the first part of my comment.

Here it is in short. I'm going with Hodges too.

He seems obsessed with Grissom. Everyone besides Hodges seemed genuinely surprised to see him back at the office when Grissom returned.

Also, I agree on the little hints being dropped. Hodges was definitely hovering over Grissom last night. And I felt like he was taunting him. Like with the comment about the woman being poisoned. When the woman was not poisoned, Hodges remarked on it, almost like he was throwing it in Grissom's face that he was wrong. I think Hodges wants to outsmart Grissom.

I have no clue about Hodges ever being in foster care, but remember the guy from Psycho had a mom too...a skeleton in a rocking chair!

2. tinkyboo

tinkyboo Victim

Can you tell me why you think Hodges is a creep? I'm not being snippy, I'm genuinely interested.

3. Skipperkat11

Skipperkat11 Victim

I don't see this storyline ending soon...Bet it will be our season finale.

4. Skipperkat11

Skipperkat11 Victim

I'm being sarcastic with the use of "creep." But there is something, in my opinion, that is strange about ol Hodgy. I do think Hodges is always trying to impress the entire CSI group with his knowledge or waist measurements and no one ever pays much attention. Mendohlson stated that hints of the killer's ID have already been dropped, so it has to be someone the viewers are familiar with or at least aware of. For right now, at least to me, Hodges seems to be fitting the bill. Actually, I think it would be quite interesting if Hodges was the killer.

5. tinkyboo

tinkyboo Victim

I think it's sad that they don't pay attention. The CSI's seem to think they are above the lab rat's. Remember when Warrick and Cath basically told him that they were going to find evidence of his guilt after the lab explosion and W threatened him? No wonder he tries to suck up to the bosses and point out the good work he has done.

I think it would be awful if he was the MCSK. He's the only fun thing on the show at the moment, now that Greg has had a personalityectomy.

Also it would be pretty weird if a bunch of CSI's have worked with him for 4 years and none of them noticed any sinister behaviour.

I hope this storyline finishes soon. Sooooo sick of it.

6. edog

edog Lab Technician

I'm not so sure I would go as far as to call Hodges a creep. IMHO, while the idea of Hodges being the MCSK is intriguing, his involvement almost seems too obvious. Like I posted above, how much do we really know about Hodges' past? Is he really violent or just a kiss-ass? I'm not sure we really know, but Hodges isn't the only labrat at CSI. I mean, it doesn't even have to be a lab tech. It could be someone on days or swing shift.

I like Hodges too. I'm not trying to condemn him for a crime he may not be involved in, but I won't negate the possibility either. This is the kind of thing that has been great about CSI this season. For the most part, I've been spoiler free this season and I've been pleasantly surprised with the pace the show has been going at and how the episodes have been written. I especially enjoy not being quite sure about this MCSK. I can't wait for the next round.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Skipperkat11 Please remember that double posting is a no-no, Double posting is considered posting more then on post in a row. You have an edit function that works for 24 hrs, in which you can edit and add in anything you might have forgotten IF someone has not posted after you.

8. CSI_fan247

CSI_fan247 Dead on Arrival

The episode is interseting!
    kaitlyn

9. tinkyboo

tinkyboo Victim

I have just read that Louise Lombard has the lead role in a new show. Therefore she must be leaving CSI so I have quickly decided that she is the MCSK, even though none of the evidence fits.

10. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

:lol: Good thinking.

Well, I still say the Hodges thing is a deliberate red herring. TPTB have singled him out too obviously with the clues and comments he has made recently for me to believe it's him. I also love his character and agree with the person who said he's providing a lot of the humor since Greg's personality seems to be MIA.

What (other than a seriously overdeveloped need to brown nose) would Hodges' motivation be for killing these people?

The bloody doll is a thread that has run through the entire MCSK storyline. I think that's significant. I think the message "you were wrong" was very deliberately written on the images of the doll because that message was not only about Dell being the killer.

But I think I'm the only one who thinks that. :lol:

ETA: I just remembered...the MCSK is supposedly someone who Dell was willing to kill himself for. Knowing that, can you really believe it was Hodges? (Hey, I love the guy, but I'm not taking a bullet for him.)

11. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

The show you're referring to, "Judy's got a Gun" is a made for TV movie, not a recurring series. Louise Lombard is playing a single mom who doubles as a private detective solving crimes. It's going to be on Lifetime from what I understand. I don't see her going anywhere at this point.

12. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I agree with tinkyboo's every word.

Slipperkat11, double posting is not allowed, you can edit or wait for the next person to post.

13. rocklvcsi

rocklvcsi Civilian

Hi all, new to the board.

did anyone notice a resemblance to Hodges at the very end with the kid blowing out the candles on the cake? Silly mullet, almost the same sort of dimples and shape of the teeth.

maybe I'm just seeing things, but.... I have to say that after last night's ep, he just seems to be the one who fits the profile. I did hear rumor of Sofia leaving the show? hope that's not the case. I'm finally starting to really like her, and especially her and Brass.

that's all I have to add.

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Actually, it's listed in all the news releases as:
    "the title role in the ABC drama pilot Judy’s Got a Gun."
    Therefore, being a "pilot", it has a chance at being picked up into a series, however, many nowadays don't seem to get picked up. But I wonder if that's why TPTB are starting Sofia on a more internal emotional turmoil, so that by the end of the season she has to make a big decision - hopefully giving an option for Sofia to maybe take a "leave of absence" from her job with the hint of a possible return.

15. rocklvcsi

rocklvcsi Civilian

thanks for the clarification, Katylyne. I knew I saw something about Louise but couldn't remember all of the facts.