"Monster in the Box" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 11, 2007.

1. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

OMG, that was a really good episode but ya, my mom asked if the CO was ment for the decoy or the parkensince lady. I think it was for the decoy becaus eit was times, but how would he have known that there was going to be a cop decoy in the room at that time??UGG Im confussed now!

I don't think Sara is the killer, maybe she was in the video as a foster kid who was there and that may become a key point in the next episode or not. I have no clue about her as a killer!

2. edog

edog Lab Technician

It is kinda weird how probable this Hodges theory is. I guess the thing we have to ask is, has Hodges ever shown signs of being a killer before? Sure, he was a trouble maker at the previous lab he worked at before being reassigned to Vegas, but do we know the actual reason for the transfer? Was he violent in any way?

This is an interesting angle!

3. FireIvyGoddess

FireIvyGoddess Victim

I thought the girl resembled Sara too but the home video was taken in 1988. Sara should have been about sixteen that year and the little girl in the video couldn't have been older than eleven or twelve, if that.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

EXCELLENT, [​IMG] where to start.. Grissom, and the MCSK, walking down the hallway..great camera angle!! gawd you've been missed, thank's for being back.. so good to see you again.. (but dye your beard and hair just a bit darker) and the whole team, my people, back together working the crime scene. YIPEE, WITHOUT outside interference, Nick and Warrick, interviewing the cat lady, Warrick's expressions and Nick's as well, together again!! Sara looked stunning, she's so beautiful. The dead girl and kitty.. I love kitty-cats sad :( Brass and Sofia back on track Brass "4 bodies, I call that anti-social" :D and Hodges with Grissom saying 'Stop hovering, Hodges, your in or your out" he's so obnoxious always kissing butt!! and Grissom wincing, can barely stand to be around him, and he still doesn't get it!!:eek: Greg and Sara always so cute when chatting. and Cath and Gris. the friendship that endures..Sofia bonding with Gris, sad over the fake crime victim. and Ernie's gross son.. EWWWW, :( he had a lovely childhood, all messed up. and the last scene, with Gris and Sara always so comfortable, and close when talking.. so, who's doing this? CM, said in the TV Guide, that "clues, if you watch closley, they'd be dropping & it would point out who the killer was" what clues, I haven't got a clue :( any ideas fans? GOOD EPISODE A+ ;) I love this kind of CSI ;)

** footnote, the Vegas streets made me smile, I drive some of these!! very accurate

5. church2001

church2001 Witness

You know it still isn't clear how the victims were chosen (but the writers could be saving that for when they do unmask the killer). I mean I would almost say they were chosen randomly if it weren't for all the connections to Ernie Dell (but then again that could be the connection).

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

This was an interesting episode, not the best but good.
    I like that Grissom is back and working in the lab instead of sitting behind a desk.

My husband brought up the point that possibly the brother/sister were foster kids of Ernie Dell? I said they are too old

as for Sara, that home movie could have been her, but wouldn't SHE have recogninzed Ernie as one of her foster parents? That theory to me is kinda off

Hodges, well that would be something since he has been hanging around Grissom ALOT but Gris seems to be recieveing him well, taking his advice, asking him questions
    I'm not sure about that one

and I do think the CO was meant for he dummy/decoy it was on a timer and I think the killer was watching the place knowing that the Dr. was not there
    Grissom knew the scene was 'not perfect enough' as he said in his conversation with Sofia
    then after they got the call he said now it's 'perfect enough'

Again, not the best, not the worst
    I want to see what they are going to with this and how long they will draw out this story arc

7. tinkyboo

tinkyboo Victim

I know Hodges has been in more scenes this season but I would say that's because of the great characterisation by Wallace Langham rather than because he is going to be exposed as the MCSK. I really can't see a reason to make him a killer. I know he's kind of silly around Grissom and in the beginning they tried to have this whole "rude trace guy" thing going on but I think he's quite different now and he now says and does things to amuse the others.

I'm so disappointed they are going to keep going with this storyline. I was hoping it would be over with this episode. I hate these story arc's that go on and on. The best time for a continuing storyline was when Nick was rescued, I'd like to have seen some of his recovery or even a mention of it, but CSI messed that up.

MCSK? I just don't care. :mad:

8. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

That, plus she was from Northern California, attended college there, and transferred to LV from San Francisco...an interim move to Nevada (especially in the foster care system) in the midst of an apparently all-NorCal upbringing and youth seems a little "off" as well...

9. Skipperkat11

Skipperkat11 Victim

I was really worried last night that Sara would end up the killer, mainly because of the foster care and little girl in the video angle. Plus, during a reenactment of the crime, the person placing the pillow over the woman's head had a bony back...like a skinny woman.

But Sara was raised in California, and yes her mother killed her father when she was 10 or 11 making her older than these kids in the video. Perhaps the killer snatches Sara knowing it will affect Grissom and knowing she was in foster care at one time. Plus Sara is an animal lover...I doubt she'd kill the cat.

Hodges, Hodges, Hodges. It has to be someone in the lab that knew Grissom's sabbatical schedule and probably found out about his and Sara's relationship. It's all about Grissom. Would Sara purposefully hurt Grissom? I doubt it since she's been enamored with him for a long time and now she's finally got him.

10. Skipperkat11

Skipperkat11 Victim

Also to add to my previous discussion, if Sara is snatched by the killer, it would be a way that the entire CSI group would learn of Grissom and Sara's affair. I doubt Gris could hide his feelings if Sara was in danger.

11. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I'm not happy...I'll write more after I see the ep, cause My report was a bit sketchy...but...it's noy looking good for David. Not at all.

12. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

I have a bad feeling that Hodges is the MCSK. Why?

1. He is a big railroad fan, a member of the same society as Ernie Dell was, and knows how to make miniatures.

2. Hodges is notoriously fastidious and pays really close attention to all kinds of details, to the point of creepiness.

3. He knew Grissom would be out and the murder was scheduled for after Grissom came back. If the MCSK was outside the crime lab, he wouldn't know Grissom's schedule.

4. Hodges seems to be always on the lookout for a father figure, and he has imprinted on Grissom and Ecklie. He also is a kiss-ass that is constantly looking for Validation and his on and off rivalry with Greg is reflective of sibling rivalry with Grissom as the father figure.

5. Each time there was a point in the case that Hodges provided a clue (i.e. the menus, the railroad website, etc.) at a crucial moment that led to a major discovery or a solving of the case.

6. Hodges snippy cheerfulness is covering up a serious case of ANGER, just like that crazy cheerful doctor Kerry on Grey's Anatomy.

7. Hodges has a lot of UBER-CREEPY habits that make everyone's skin crawl, like Jeffrey Dahmer or Timothy McVeigh.

8. The MCSK has intimate knowledge of forensics (the lungs showing the signs of asphyxiation, the UV words on all the baby doll pictures, etc.)

9. I think Hodges said one time he'd been a foster kid, though I could be wrong. I wonder if that will come out in the next few episodes...

I hate to say this, but I think that Hodges is the Miniature Crime Scene Killer.

13. Dalnabe

Dalnabe Hit and Run

I am half-way pleased with this episode. You can actually call it a continuity episode! It had references to Greg's law suit and to Keppler's death from Catherine and Nick ("It has happened before ..."). And it had all our main characters in it with a proper screen time. *whistles*

I liked the story up to the death of the female cop who was playing the victim. After that the episode seemed too rushed to me and didn't make too much sense either.

And for the speculations of Hodges being the killer ... I only stumbled about the fact, that he asked Grissom for having food with them. Hello? Since when are Hodges and Grissom that familiar with each other? Did Spanky made a good impression on him during his teaching? :lol: Anyhow, I don't believe that Hodges is going to be the killer ... it would be too obvious.

14. tinkyboo

tinkyboo Victim

I hope I'm not being rude, but I really felt that I wished to discuss some points expressed regarding Hodges personality. I've seen quite a few posts saying he's creepy, crazy etc and I just don't see Hodges this way at all.

Was Hodges a member of the railway club? He knew about it but I don't remember them saying he's a member.

I think his job demands fastidiousness. If I was the victim of a crime I'd much rather have someone working on the evidence who was fastidious. I think it shows empathy for the victim rather than creepiness.
    I think the MCSK would easily be able to keep track of where Grissom is without having to be someone who works at the lab. This is what stalkers do. Also I'm sure he would have put an "out of office" message on his email and this email adress is very easy.
    He sucks up to Grissom and Ecklie because they are the bosses. 90% of people that I work with do exactly the same thing with our bosses. I don't know what happened in LA but it was probably a clash of personality thing which is why he is being careful this time. However I do think that he really does want Grissom to like him now, not just because of his job but because he admires his intellect.
    What uber-creepy habits? As for being like Jeffrey Dahmer and Timothy McVeigh!!! He's just a bit of a geek, that's all, not some crazy, disgusting murderer.
    I think anyone looking on the net, watching crime shows or reading reference books would be able to work how how to make the doll model show the signs of asphixiation in a human as well as the UV words on the pictures.
    I've never heard that Hodges is a foster child. I've heard him mentioning to Cath that he cooks dinner for his mother in the present time. If he was a foster child he wouldn't have been adopted.

I really don't know why Hodges has this bad reputation. If you watch the episodes he really isn't some creepy crazy guy who freaks everyone out. In fact the CSI's seem to find him quite amusing.

15. Skipperkat11

Skipperkat11 Victim

Fourth, Carol Mendolsen (sp?) said in an interview (I think the most recent TV Guide) that hints had already been dropped about the killer's ID. The foster care/Sara look-alike seems too obvious of a hint. The hints are probably hidden, like the menu.
    And finally, the killer has to be a CSI (due to knowledge of Grissom and crime scenes), and I would think the killer has to be an expendable character...not a contract one. Who better than that creep Hodges? I mean no one ever sees Hodges' personal life...because he's building miniature crime scenes! Ha ha.
    I don't recall Hodges ever being in foster care. Anyone remember this episode?
    I think that if Sara was the killer, Grissom would have to know. I would assume that much of Sara and Grissom's spare time is spent together, and those replicas would take up a lot of time to create, so I don't see Sara or Grissom having the time to make them. And if Sara was making them, Grissom would have some insight in to that...
    Any ways, these are just my thoughts. Any one else have any Hodges condemning information?