My First CSI story. CSI: Own Risk

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by RIPTimSpeedle, Aug 21, 2006.

1. RIPTimSpeedle

RIPTimSpeedle Witness

The rain is pouring down hard now on the windowscreen of the Land Rover that Brass is driving Grissom is in the passenger seat while Horatio is sitting in the back. The windowscreen wipers are doing their best to keep up with the down pour of rain. Right behind the Land Rover is a convoy of police cars with their sirens flashing. Brass turns the corner and begins speeding down the street. The convoy of police cars in close pursuit. All three of them are keeping their eyes open for the old man that had called the police. Suddenly Horatio spots the old man waving at the side of the road. Horatio leans forwards pointing between Grissom and Brass.

HORATIO: There he is!

Brass pulls the Land Rover to a stop just next to the kerb. Within seconds Horatio is out of the Land Rover and at the man's side Grissom and Brass quickly following to the man's side. The man's dog is back on his lead and tied to a fence nearby.

HORATIO: Sir. Are you the man who found the CSI's?
    OLD MAN: Yeah!
    GRISSOM: Can you show us where they are?
    OLD MAN: Sure thing!

The old man quickly heads over with Grissom, Horatio and Brass following him. As the rain pelts down on the four men they head out into the street as the police cars began to block of the street and some of the officers get out the cars heading over to the four men. The old man stops at a grate in the street and points down.

OLD MAN: They are down there!
    GRISSOM: Thankyou. Sir.
    BRASS: Sir if you could just wait with those officers over there please.
    OLD MAN: No problem. Anything to help!

The old man begins to walk off as Grissom crouches down at the grate with Horatio and Brass right next to him. Grissom and Horatio both have their torches out and are scanning the sewer. The water level is quite high not to far off the top of the sewer but not yet near the grate. Grissom puts his head close to the grate.

GRISSOM: Catherine? Warrick?
    WILLOWS: Grissom!

Horatio's beam from his torch light suddenly picks out Catherine's face as the water is just up to her shoulders. A young officer shouts over at the group.

YOUNG OFFICER: Dectective Brass. I have found an enterance!

Both Horatio and Brass both quickly head over to the young officer who now has two other officers with him. The begin lifting the manhole cover up. Grissom looks down at Catherine.

GRISSOM: Hold on were coming to get you out!

Grissom heads over to the other officers. Both Horatio and Brass have already entered the sewers as Grissom begins to head into the sewers an ambulance pulls up on the scene. Both Horatio and Brass are looking at a brick wall that is blocking them from Catherine and Warrick as Grissom comes off the last of the ladder steps into the sewer. Right after Grissom comes a police officer holding two crowbars. As soon as the police officer gets into the sewer both Horatio and Brass take a crowbar off him and turn to the wall. Horatio and Brass begin smashing into the brick wall with the crowbars. After a couple of solid hits some of the bricks become loose and Grissom steps up pulling them out. The bricks are at shoulder height. As soon as Grissom is clear Horatio and Brass begin pounding the wall with everything they have. After a few more blows some of the bricks come loose and Horatio turns the crowbar round and jams it into the low part of some of the bricks Brass follows suit jamming his crowbar into the low bricks and between them they force the bricks loose and the water pressure does the rest forcing the bricks out towards them.

They all stand their ground as a wall of water up to their waists hits them. The second the water drops Grissom heads forward through the mostly broken wall and finds Catherine and Warrick chained together and also to the ceiling of the sewer. Grissom quickly heads up to the nearest CSI. Warrick Brown. Warrick's head is resting on his chest. Grissom quickly feels for a pulse finding a weak one. Horatio steps past Grissom and faces Catherine. Her eyes are so full of relief at seeing his face.

HORATIO: It's ok. Your safe now!

Brass quickly pulls his radio off his jacket collar and lifts it to his mouth.

BRASS: We need a medical crew down here now. We found both CSI's. We also need metal cutting equipment down here now!

Suddenly Grissom's phone goes off. He pulls it out looking at the caller I.D. It's Nick Stokes. Grissom opens his phone and lifts it to his ear.

GRISSOM: Nick we got Warrick and Catherine. How are you and Calleigh doing on locating Sara and Greg?

Back in the lab both Nick and Calleigh are standing round a evidence table looking at all the pieces of evidence that are in plastic bags. Nick is on the phone talking to Grissom as Calleigh is looking at the sewer tunnel map. She takes the picture of the piece of paper found in the jeans pocket from the suspects house and begins looking at the map again.

STOKES: We didn't get anything of David Dacson's clothes Grissom. He must of changed before coming to the police station.

Calleigh quickly checks something and heads round to Nick. She holds the paper and map out to Nick.

STOKES: Hold on a second Grissom.
    CALLEIGH: Take a look at this Nick. The numbers on this piece of paper could be tunnel numbers on this.
    STOKES: Grissom what street are you on?
    GRISSOM: Elkshire.
    STOKES: On the crossing of Elkshire and Deansgate by any chance?
    GRISSOM: Yeah! how did you know?

Calleigh points out that is were both the tunnels cross over. The two tunnel numbers being 24 and 8.

STOKES: Grissom we know where Sara and Greg are!

2. RIPTimSpeedle

RIPTimSpeedle Witness

Hello. I will be making a new story soon and wish to have some of you lovely people from this site to form a new CSI team. I have 10 places open to fill for roles. I have put a Request in the Request area so if you wish to be in it just have a read of it and send me the details. Thanks.

3. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

Hmmm, cool! This story sounds like it's beginning to wrap up! It has come along nicely at a steady pace with good suspense. Keep it up for the end!

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

more soon!

do you mean like canon roles or madeups?

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I like it. I'm glad the old man lead Grissom and the cop to Warrick and Catherine, now it Sara and Greg turn.

A New story, All right. I got this idea to give you this. How about Nick get kidnapped By Grissom's past? Or you can make it up yourself. I'm enjoy your story. PM me if you don't know what I'm talking about, I will explain it to you. It not going to be Graves Danger.

6. RIPTimSpeedle

RIPTimSpeedle Witness

Hi. The characters that i am asking for can be yourself or ones you have created to be in this. There are still 5 characters on offer:

CSI3:
    Second Dectective:
    DNA Worker:
    Trace Worker:
    Video Worker:

Thanks for your time.

7. RIPTimSpeedle

RIPTimSpeedle Witness

The rain is pouring down now at almost down pour levels as a group of seven police partol cars are speeding down the street. At the front of the group is a black Land Rover. In the driver's seat is Nick Stokes. His whole focus is on the road as the cars are easily doing 70 mph down the street. Sat next to him in the passenger seat is Calleigh Duquesne. She is now wearing a large CSI Las Vegas police jacket that is dark blue. She has a map of the sewer grids out infront of her. The cars are all screaming down the street as Nick Stokes leads the search team. Calleigh looks up at a street sign then back down at the map. She shouts out over at Nick.

CALLEIGH: It's the next crossroads.

Nick Stokes without saying a word see's the next crossroads quickly coming up. He slams his foot on the brake forcing both him and Calleigh to be thrown forward. However both seatbelts lock them in place well only making their heads and shoulders move forward before slamming them back into place. Before Calleigh can even ask if Nick is ok Nick has undone his seatbelt grabbed his flashlight with his right hand and is opening the door with his left. As soon as Nick opens the door they both hear the noise of the police cars braking hard behind them. Calleigh snaps her seat belt off and grabs the flashlight on her lap. She pushes the door opens and jumps out of the Land Rover as Nick has already stepped round to the front of the Land Rover. His light scanning the floor for a man hole. Calleigh presses her light on as the other partol cars come to a halt behind them and officers begin to get out. The rain is pouring down so loudly the noise almost deftening. Nick is soaking wet within seconds. His red jumper sticking to his strong frame and his hair is pinned to his head. He screams out.

STOKES: Sara! Greg! Sara! Greg!

Calleigh is right by his side flashing her light along the floor searching for a man hole or grid. The rain coming down on both CSI's hard now as the police officers come behind them. Calleigh shouts out.

CALLEIGH: Greg Sanders? Sara Sidle?

They both take a few steps more when both their beams of light hit a grid in the middle of the road. Just before they begin to head towards it they hear the loud scream of Sara.

SARA: NICK!

Nick takes off running for the grid as Calleigh is a step behind. Nick makes it to the grid in about two seconds flat. He had never ran so quickly in his whole life. He crouched down flashing his light in shouting again.

NICK: Sara!

As Calleigh gets to the grid Nick's beam of light finds Sara's face. She is just off the edge of the grid. Sara's face lights up as she see's Nick. Nick's face however drops as he see's the water level. The water level is just below Sara's mouth and raising rapidly. Nick Stokes drops his light and puts his fingers through the grid and tries to lift it. It won't move. He takes a deep breath and pulls with all his might. The grid starts to lift slightly then drops back down. He looks back into the grid to see the water pass over Sara's nose. The sheer panick showing on Sara's face giving Nick new found strength. He tries again and it begins to lift as two officers quickly get their hands under it and pull it away. As soon as the officers get the grid clear Nick jumps into the water and takes a deep breath diving under and swims towards Sara. As he gets to Sara he looks at her and goes to give her mouth to mouth but she shakes her head. She suddenly begins glancing over her shoulder. Nick begins to move round a little in the water and see's Greg Sanders chained up. Greg's head is limp in the water. Nick's heart takes a blow as he see's the dead body of Greg. Within a second his heart takes another blow as he has to give air to one of them but who. Sara or Greg?

Nick stops for a second shocked by the choice until he feels a hand on his back. He looks over to see Calleigh under the water with him. Calleigh points at Nick then points over to Sara as she begins to swim over Greg. Nick heads over to Sara as Calleigh gets to Greg. Calleigh quickly grabs Greg's nose holding it shut and moving forward opens his mouth a little and wraps her mouth over his and blows deeply into his mouth. Nick gets to Sara and takes her head in his hands as she looks at him. He moves in and opens his mouth as she does. Their lips lock making a seal as he lets the air enter into her mouth and leave his own. She closes her mouth first as does Nick a second later. Nick then grabs hold of the chains and tries to pull at them. But the chains are solid. Nick spots the solid wall behind Sara as Calleigh swims over to him. Both Nick and Calleigh swim to the opening as some of the officers are nearby to help. As both their heads break the surface of the water Nick shouts to the officers.

NICK: I need two Ambulances. I also need one officer with a shotgun to head into the next manhole up the street and have him shoot at the brick wall between us.

A bunch of the officers run up over to the next manhole and begin to pull the manhole cover out as two officers quickly return to their partol cars and grab their shotguns. Both Nick and Calleigh take a couple of deep breaths and dive under again. Nick quickly swimming back to Sara who is beginning to run out of air again as Calleigh swims round again to Greg and opens his mouth again blowing air deeply into his lungs. Sara lets Nick take her head in his hands as their lips lock for a second time and they both open their mouths so Nick can blow the air into Sara's mouth. Meanwhile the two officers with the shotguns run over to the manhole which is now cleared and wide open. Both the officers quickly begin climbing down the ladders as soon as they both get to the bottom they turn to face the brick wall infront of them. On the other side Nick and Sara close their mouths and Nick wraps his arms round Sara neck holding her tightly. Calleigh grabs hold of Greg's head resting it on her shoulder and holding onto the chain tightly. Nick knows the shotgun blast with come from behind his back and he wants to protect Sara and Greg at all costs. Sara glanced up at Nick for a second before Nick held her head against his shoulder. Both the officers on the other side of the wall raised their shotguns and shout.

TWO OFFICERS: Now!

They both pulled the trigger at the same time releasing two shotgun rounds straight into the brick wall. The echo down the tunnels of the two shotguns firing together was almost ear shattering. As the buckshot hit the wall with quite a wide spread area some chunks of brick were knocked loose and as Nick had thought that was all that it needed. The water pressure in the tunnel on their side doing the rest. The force of the water began to tear through the now weakened wall and within seconds the bricks where pushed out as the water sprayed out at the two officers almost knocking them off their feet. The water round Nick, Sara, Calleigh and Greg quickly began to lower as the water level got below their faces and chests within a couple of seconds. Sara, Nick and Calleigh all breathed out gasping for a breath. As Nick lets go of Sara she looks up at him.

SARA: Oh Nick Thank god! How is Greg? Is he ok?

Nick looks over at Calleigh as Calleigh lets go of holding Greg Sanders. Just over her shoulder Nick see's the officers began to climb through the now destroyed wall to help them.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

ack more soon!

9. hollie

hollie Pathologist

Wow, I haven't read this story in awhile. But it's really good and suspenseful.

10. ButterFlied92

Ahhh! We need more! Soon or else I think we'll have to pull out those pitchforks again!

11. dr_heather_ssj

dr_heather_ssj Victim

i like i like alot

12. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

More soon, I like it. Hurry back but take your times. I love it. I'm Nick hold Sara in his arms.

13. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Very powerful, can't wait for the next part.

14. RIPTimSpeedle

RIPTimSpeedle Witness

The hospital the following morning. The sun is just coming up as the light shines in through the window of the hospital ward. The sun lights up the tired and woren out face of Catherine Willows sitting in the hospital chair across from the bed. She is wearing black pants and a white shirt. She slowly begins to open her eyes and puts her hand up covering her eyes. As her eyes adjust to the room she looks over to the bed and see's Warrick Brown laying in the bed. A white sheet is covering up to his stomach and he is wearing a white patients gown. He is completely asleep as he has an I.V drip in his arm. Catherine gets up and walks over to Warrick. As she gets next to him she takes hold of his hand on top of the bed sheet. Catherine hears low talking in the corridor behind her. She looks over her shoulder and see's through the glass panel in the doorway. She see's Nick and Sara step past the glass talking.

Meanwhile in the Hallway outside Warrick's room Grissom is leaing aganist the wall looking in the room as Horatio is walking over towards him. As Horatio gets to Grissom he turns towards him. Grissom looks up at Horatio.

HORATIO: How is he?
    GRISSOM: The doctors say he is going to be fine.

In the distance Nick and Sara are walking down both of them are holding a cup of coffee in each hand. They walk over to Grissom and Horatio.

Meanwhile back in the hospital room Warrick begins to come to as the door opens and in walks Sara Sidle followed by Nick Stokes. Sara steps over to Catherine and hands Catherine a cup of coffee as Nick walks round to the other side of Warrick's bed. Catherine sets it down just as Warrick opens his eyes. Catherine looks him in the eyes.

WILLOWS: Hey.
    WARRICK: Hey.
    STOKES: How are you feeling buddy?

As Warrick slides himself up into a sitting position in the bed Catherine helps him a little. He looks round the room.

WARRICK: I feel great.
    SIDLE: That will be the pain killers.

Suddenly the door opens and Grissom walks in as Warrick fixes the pillow behind his back.

WARRICK: What happened to me?

Grissom walks over to the chart at the end of Warrick's bed and picks it up looking over the pages as he speaks.

GRISSOM: You were kidnapped.
    WARRICK: What?

Meanwhile Calleigh is sitting down in a deep comfy chair. She is looking across the room to Greg Sanders who is laying in the bed across from where she is sitting. He is wearing a long blue dressing gown and is covered under a white bedding blanket. Calleigh gets up and heads over to Greg. As she gets to his bedside she looks down at him. He looks so peaceful. She carefully brushes his fringe off his face with her hand. Greg's eyes slowly begin to flicker as he begins to open them. The bright light's of the hospital giving the whole room a white glow in Greg's eyes. He barely makes out Calleigh's blonde hair and her face as his eyes slowly open.

SANDERS: You're the one who saved me.
    CALLEIGH: I wouldn't say that.
    SANDERS: Am I in heaven?

The door between the joining rooms opens and in walks Nick Stokes followed by Grissom. Nick smiles as he opens the door and hears Greg's comment.

STOKES: Hey Greg how you feeling?
    SANDERS: It's not heaven.
    STOKES: I'll take that as an ok.

Grissom heads over to the bottom of Greg's bed and takes the chart. He begins thumbing through the pages. Nick glances back over at Grissom.

NICK: So what does the chart say?
    GRISSOM: It appears he suffered from a skull fracture. It also states here that due to the fracture he has lost his long term memory.
    SANDERS: I have what?
    GRISSOM: Hold on. This chart is from Jeffery Reach. There must of been a mix up. I'll go and get the doctor.

Grissom turns and heads over to the doorway and exits. As he comes out Horatio looks over and smiles at him. Grissom turns round to face Horatio still holding the chart.

HORATIO: How's he doing?
    GRISSOM: He's a little shaken up but he'll be fine.
    HORATIO: And what about Warrick?
    GRISSOM: He's good. I want to thank you and Calleigh for helping me...
    HORATIO: That's ok. So what wrong with him?
    GRISSOM: Am not sure yet. The doctors have left the wrong chart in his room.

Horatio takes the chart off Grissom and turns his head a little looking at Grissom showing only the side of his face.

HORATIO: Let me sort out that out for you. Go on back to your team. They need you.

Grissom nods his head and turns heading back into Greg's room. Horatio looks through the glass smiling and turns away. He begins to walk down the corridor and halfway down the corridor a nurse comes out of one of the rooms. Horatio walks over to her speaking with her he hands her the chart on the clipboard and turns away. He walks down the corridor and off round the corner.

The screen fades to black as Who are you begins to play and the credits roll. The End.

15. ButterFlied92

Haha, I love the Greg action. "Am I in heaven?" Lol, that was the best. I started freaking out, though, when I read that Greg lost his long term memory. I laughed after I found out it was the wrong chart. This has been an exciting, twisting, turning, adventure and I've loved every minute of it! Keep it up, you are an amazing writer with a knack for storylines.

P.S. - I loved the last line. "The screen fades to black as The Who's 'Who Are You' begins to play and the credits roll." This fic really did feel like a movie, or an extended version of CSI, and that was a better ending than just somebody walking around a corner for sure! Even if it was H, lol. Some advice, in your many fics to come, try to refrain from 'The End'; I find it puts a very cliche end to a not-so-cliche story. I loved it. Can't wait to see your name again!