UK Season 7 LV Ep Discussions

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Emerson08, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrashAndBurn

CrashAndBurn Dead on Arrival

I was working nights for the first 2 eps. Had the second off. Now every Tuesday night i have my police training! :rolleyes:
    They couldn've picked a worse time! OH is under strict instructions to record every programme. If not, he will be in soooo much trouble. :mad:

2. CrashAndBurn

CrashAndBurn Dead on Arrival

Forgot to add to my favorites!

3. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

The only thang I know about this episode is that joyus K-Fed is guest starring. People seem to be roaring about this episode so i'm looking forward to it.

CrashandBurn - I was originally going to pick up Tuesday night's at work, but then CSI arrived back in the UK so that was a no go!! ;)

4. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

What an episode. By far the best of S7 so far. Definatly. K-Fed looked rather attractive, then he took off the mask :p

Eric did a FANTASTIC job. And oh my god, that exchange between him and Sara, I think I just became a Greg/Sara shipper (Sorry I dunno the shippy name!) That was so cute.

Only one grumble and it's kinda personal to me, it was advertised in the papers as a Grissom and Catherine case and it was anything but. Meh. Apart from that, stunning episode. Stunning.

5. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

Fannysmackin' was brilliant! Brilliant title :lol: and a brilliant story acted brilliantly hehe.
    I was a bit iffy about K-Fed starring but i was glad they didnt centre the whole episode around him even though it was his character who was the ring leader if that makes sense :rolleyes:

Brass was great! Loved the head roll/shake when interviewing Tara and he's back to his old self with the sarcastic comments. Loved it when the guy went into the police station shouting "i need to see a cop!" and then Brass and Sofia walk in and say " he's/she's a cop!" :lol:
    George i think did really well this week especially when dealing with k-fed in the allyway. it showed these guys really are human and care about greg alot and the fact that he punched k-fed was like the icing on the cake!
    Warrick didn't have much screentime but whatever time he does get Gary Dourdan makes sure to deliver perfectly. like at the end when they are talking about kids growing up in vegas.
    Sara's concern for greg was played extremely well. You really felt how upset she was and how she just wanted to be there for him.
    Grissom, well what can you say great again. never fails to disappoint. the eyebrow raise when sara asked if he was volunteering was pure comedy!
    Catherine not as effective as i would have liked in this ep. i would have liked to see her visit greg i think it would have been a nice motherly type of scene dunno why :confused:
    I guess that leaves my actor of the episode the fantastic Eric Szmanda/Greg Sanders. He was brilliant tonight even when he was being beaten he was able to gather some info about the attackers to help the scene and when he told sara to work the scene and him later it was so sad :( but the whole thing about not telling his parents he was out in the field was great because it added some character background and was great interaction between himself and grissom and i will admit it was a tearjerker people

All in all i really enjoyed this ep the whole ensemble were brilliant and the story was ace
    rite you're all sick to death of me now so ill say cheerio campers :lol:

6. Sara_Sidle_Lover

Sara_Sidle_Lover Hit and Run

Season 7 Episode 4- "Fannysmackin'":

First of all.. Sara in a Tank-Top, all covered in Sweat.. Good God *thud*

Poor Greggo, they beat him up so bad. :( :( He was great though, really heroic of him to save that man's life from the Fannysmackin gang. Loved his scene with Sara.

"Uum.. Sara"

"I didn't think you could see me."

"I can't. I know that Sidle Scent"

"Well, I will take that as a compliment"

Aww.. so sweet. You've gotta hand it to Greg, beaten within an inch of his life and he's still flirting with her. :lol:

Seriously, I really like that friendship, it's nice to see such a genuine platonic relationship. Greg is absolutley crazy about her, but still respects her and sees her as a good friend. In fact I'd say that he's closer to Sara than he is to any of the others, even Nick and Warrick. Sara, who has often been seen as cold and abrassive has always had a soft spot for him. She's been a good mentor and supportive of him over the years, and geuninely enjoys his company. It's definitely my favourite TV friendship. :cool:

Nick and Warrick were great too, it was awesome when Nick punched that guy in that gut. :exc: :exc: It was great to see how the whole team was affected by what happened to their friend.

Loved the talk at the end, it was very reminiscent of the earlier seasons, showing the strong bond between the whole team. They're really exploring that aspect for the first time in a couple of years this Season an it's great.

The actual cases with the Fannysmacking gangs were really intriquing, they made for a very classic Vegas episode, all dark and gritty.

This episode definitely ranks high on the favourites list.

Excellent Stuff. :cool:

7. britfan

britfan Pathologist

I agree, grssom89. It was a fabulous episode. I loved Sara and how she looked after Greg. The stroking her thumb through his hair as she spoke to him was saying far more than words. That was quite beautifully done.

Yay for Nick smacking Pig. I think the CSI writers were having a right good laugh about that! I know I was. As well as the 'we can use Mr Pig's number.' Tee hee!

Loved The 'Whatever!' head wobble from Brass. He is clearly on form this series. If this is what a near death experience does for a character, I'm all for it! :lol:

But it was the Grissom/Greg scene that did it for me. So emotional and well acted. Grissom actually felt his pain and empathised. He was in parental mode as he encouraged Greg to come clean to his parents and it was as near as damn it that Grissom was going to admit he was proud of Greg and his actions.

This was the best episode so far, and I still feel that it is the most brutal episode of CSI ever. The suggestion the camera made of making impact with Greg's head was mesmerising.

Well done all round. Another cracker. This series is really going for it.

8. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Fannysmackin'

I loved the beginning of this episode, it was quite freaky seeing a lone hooded man appear on both victims (it reminded me a little of Silas from The Da Vinci Code :lol:). Poor Greg, he was having such a great day as well, and then to go through all of that was really heartbreaking! Fantastic performance from Eric, truly awesome. This maybe in poor taste, but I had to laugh when Greg ran one of them over, I was convinced he was going to duck in the car, I really didn't think he would run him over (I would have done exactly the same thing). Brave little Greg, going into the alley with his car to save the victim. I loved, loved, loved the Sara and Greg moment, it was so touching. Sara's line of "I came here for you" nearly had me in tears (unfortunately I had the misfortune of losing half of my custard cream biscuit to my cup of tea just at that moment :lol:).

I agree, I love the friendship bond they have together. I really enjoy the episodes where they work together on a case (a lot of episodes in season 5 are a good example). They really seemed to click, and I've always loved the helping hand Sara gives to him or the advice during cases.

Did anyone else get slightly worried about Nick’s comment to Warrick after he punched K-Fed? I can't remember the exact wording, but Warrick said something like "Well your in the wrong place" and Nick said (walking off) "Maybe I am". I'll just presume Nick was upset about Greg and not worry that Nick is going leave Las Vegas at some point. :eek:

I was so pleased to have a little insight into Greg’s background, the moment with him and Grissom in the hospital was great. I also loved how Eric delivered his lines, I really felt for his mum. :eek: I think it's safe to say that without Grissom even saying he was proud of Greg - he was, and you could tell. Great moment.

I had to laugh at Brass and Sofia's moment with the him/her quotes. :lol: Also, Brass's head wobble just cracked me up, It's great to see Brass back on form. :)

I have quite a few favorite moments from this episode, a lot of them I've mentioned, but Sofia, I salute you on busting out of the police car with, what appeared to be, a shotgun and then cocking it back! :lol: Girl power!

All in all, best episode so far! :D

9. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

I loved this episode, I thought it was fantastic and the performances from the actors was great.

Erics was so emotional and heartfelt especially when talking to Grissom you could really feel the parental bond they have developed over the years. The Sara/Greg scene was so touching, the way she stroked his hair and he went through everything he could remember because he didn't want the gang to get away with what they had done was heartbreaking. I'm so pleased that Greg's characters has got an emotional tough storyline to deal with and Eric's acting was impressive.

Brass was on top form had to suppress a chuckle at the head wobble and "I want the rest of the Mickey Mouse club" and the him/her thumbs with Sofia, it was priceless.
    Also had to suppress a chuckle when Nick called Pig "Mr Piggy" I dont know why i found it so funny i guess it was just the way he said it.

The end scene was one of the best scenes between the CSI'S in a long time and reminded me of Season 1's "Unfriendly Skies" when the team discussed the morals of the case and each gave their own viewpoint. It was nice to see the team's strong bond reaffirmed and each to have their own say on the rights and wrongs of the case.

I loved this episode it was so dark and gritty yet human and powerful at the same time and it is going down as one of my favourites.

10. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I have to agree with a lot of people here that Fannysmackin'
    was the best of the season so far. I could go a little more in-depth than that but I would be just making points that have already been made.

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The First post of thread has been updated with all the current links to their originial discussion threads. I do want to note this doesn't mean we want you too go looking for those threads (unless you want to read them), you can give your review right here in this thread. ;)

12. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Now I'm not the biggest LV fan, I've seen it the least of all 3 shows but I've caught Season 7 so far and I'm really enjoying it and last nights episode.....well I was in tears. The scene between Greg and Sara was wonderful, I was welling up big time.

Anyways the viewing figures have been released for Built to Kill Parts 1 & 2. It got an average of 4,160,000. Now for they are great viewing figures in on any channel, never mind channel 5. :D

13. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

What a powerful and well put together episode. I'd read nothing about this so was completely suprised.

I felt so much emotion through this episode especially when Greg got hurt. I just wanted to pin the gang down and give them a beating. I am surprised though that considering the beating Greg got he was up and out of bed really quickly.

The Greg/Sara scene was very emotional too. She obviously cares very much for him and that out of all she was the most concerned. I was a little disappointed that they didn't show many of the others visiting him or being concerned like they did when Brass was shot that time.

I loved the way Nick reacted to the gang leader. He truly wears his heart on his sleeve and shows that for some they can do a great job but still have to show the emotion. I think they shown how a lot of people would react.

I'm so glad they didn't give K-Fed much airtime. They seemed to build it up as his episode but thank god it wasn't. I think it's safe to say it the end of his acting career before it started.

The other thing that stood out for me was the scene at the end. Everyone expressing their opinion and telling it as it is all over the world. Being someone that works with young people I really thought they dealt with that well.

14. Lvodkadiet

Lvodkadiet Rookie

I agree with everything said here, it was a fantastic episode it had the right amount of everything, crime, comedy, emotion and utter disbelief that a gang of kids could just go round kicking people for fun.

The inter-action between Greg/sara and Greg/Grissom was so well done, sad without being soppy but showed their deep feelings for their team members. I hear what people are saying about the others going to visit Greg but that was what they were all discussing at the end scene so I think that showed they were all thinking of him.

The scene with Nick and K-Fed was a bit worring Tinkerbell I also got really panicky when he said that maybe he was in the wrong place, please god NOOOO!!

15. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Counting down the hours to another episode of CSI! *yay* :)

So next up is 'Double Cross', I doubt it will be as good as last weeks episode, but I have my little fingers crossed. :D

Thank you for the update Destiny. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.