Grade 'Summer in the City'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 28, 2005.

1. KatieHeartsCSI

KatieHeartsCSI Pathologist

Was it me, or did anyone recognize (I cant rememer what), "Directed by Gary Sinise" (Produced by Gary Sinise - I'm not sure) ?

2. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

I did not notice it. But my best friend did. But I can't remember if he directed or produced. WoooHoo for Gary!

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Oh nooo, I haven't watched the episode but I am disheartened by the reviews so far. ;_; It's not that bad, is it?

I'm glad to know all the CSI: NY men are looking good though!

4. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Gary produced the episode. I'll be back tomorrow with my review. I laughed when Mac said, "You're fired." Hahaha so Donald Trump like :lol:.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I gave it a C+, but it very well may have deserved worse, I just have trouble giving this show anything lower. First of all, all 3 stories were a little bland. It seemed like none of them were given any time to develop and they all ended up being very underwhelming.

I'm with everyone on the Aiden thing. What the heck? At the begining of the episode she was bordering on ugly with the pale makeup and lipstick, and by the end of the episode the thought running through my mind was "Michael Jackson." What the heck happened to her nose????

Being a guy I have trouble commenting too much on the attractiveness of the males in the show, but from the reading I've done around here I knew all the ladies would be quite happy with this episode. I must say that the other sex looked quite nice tonight as well (with the exception of Aiden); Stella looked great, and its mighty difficult to have trouble with lingere models.

I think Hawkes was probably better off as an ME, but after one episode its too early for me to make a final judgment. I agree that the senior/rookie cliche could get anoying if they drag it out for very long, so hopefully he just becomes a regular CSI pretty quick. I don't actually understand how he can just become a CSI though. It seems like a ME has probably been to some form of med school and is much better suited for that job than CSI. I'm sure he could learn, but thats an interesting career move, I wish we had a bit more explanation.

One thing I missed from this episode was the stuff going on in Mac's personal life. It seemed like that was a pretty big deal coming out of the end of last season, and for it to be totally gone now suprised me a lot. I'm thinking that they wanted the first episode to be able to stand on its own without refering back to last season much so that new viewers wouldn't feel confused, so hopefully that story line is back next week.

I missed Mac saying "you're fired." Was that in the preview of next week, my TIVO cut it off and I'm guessing it must have been there 'cause I'm pretty sure I would have heard that. Its pretty obvious that that's what's coming, but hopefully its interesting.

So overall I was pretty dissapointed with this episode; it was boring, lifeless, and I generally liked where the characters where they were at the end of last season better than where they are now. I'm sure things will get better (or at least I hope) but nonetheless I was hoping for a bit more exciting opener.

-Z

6. Catherine_Willows

Catherine_Willows Coroner

Oh God, best NY premiere!! Even better than the last one, IMO.

I gave it an A+!

Mac: He seemed to have loosened up in this episode. I don't know if it was the freshness of working with Sheldon or what, he just didn't seem as tense.

Stella: She was like Superwoman in this episode. Juggling three cases? Damn. She's good. I thought the way she handled things with Aiden was good but was disappointed that she and Mac didn't have too much interaction.

Danny: Hmmm. Danny seems to have worked out most of his angst since we last saw him. He seemed a lot more....sarcastic? And a little less care free. Overall I guess it's refreshing to see a semi-cheerful Danny as opposed to the angsty Danny.

Aiden: Wow. I never expected she would plant evidence. NEVER. Actually, she's one I'd expect the least to do something like that! On another saddening note, this seems to be the most she's ever been in an episode. And this is season TWO.

Flack: I wasn't digging the new hair at the beginning but now it seems to fit him well. The long, greased back hair made him look like he was in the Mafia or something. I do miss the leather jackets though.

Sheldon: And now we come to my favorite character on NY. I was soooooooooo happy that he did become a CSI. He seems like he knows what he's doing and he knows not to jump the gun before they have the right evidence. Plus, the more Sheldon in an episode, the happier I am! :p

The new coroner: He seems like a funny guy and Stella and him seemed to get along well. Can't wait to see more from him.

Chad: Where the hell was he??? I loved him! I hope they didn't get rid of him.

Overall: The cases were kind of boring to me but still exciting enough to keep me from looking at the clock, wishing it was over. If I could, I'd give it an A++ but that's not the way the grading works, sadly. :p

Can't wait for next week's episode! I'm happy NY is back! :D

7. csi_fanatic

csi_fanatic Pathologist

I give it an A. There was some hilarious parts, Flack looked hot in his new hair do and Danny looked hot and got to see all of his muscles. :devil: I can't believe that Aiden is going to leave that way. I almost cried at the end. I was shocked. :eek:
    Kaia
    ps. my friends are going to think i've gone insane.

8. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

I can't believe that it looks like Aiden is going to plant evidence. I was sitting there going "AIDEN! What are you dooooiinngg?!" Yeah, I talk to the tv all the time. I kind of wasn't expecting her to go out this way. It's such a Danny sort of thing to do. :lol:

9. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Any episode where we get to see Danny run gets an A+ from me :D

The whole mosquito thing was hillarious :lol:

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Aiden crossing the line is pretty shocking, but I thought it was set up pretty decently given that there was only one episode in which to do it. In addition to being very involved with and upset by the case, Aiden also seemed kind of burnt out in the beginning. She wasn't joking with Danny, and really only cracked a smile once (when Stella cracked a joke early on). So it might be a combination of the case and her just being frustrated and tired of seeing all this death and not being able to (in her mind) make a difference. I guess we'll see more next week, but if she has to leave, I think it's a really good twist.

11. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

I gave it a B- because personally, I disliked this episode.

The cases were very boring. I got up a couple of times to get something to eat because I could not pay attention to it at all. The cases did not grab me. Not. At. All.

The LV and Miami premiere's were more impressing than this.

The characters though, that's what made it get the grade it got. We saw small development with Mac's character (the tie for example), saw Hawkes out on the field (how he saw that Mosquito beats me), Stella, Danny and Aiden working a case together which I thought was really awesome because if I'm not mistaken, we haven't had them together before.

Flack's new look. Oh. Wow. The hair looks really good on him. Kind of upset we didn't see much of him but that's fine. The sunglasses made up for it.

Aiden looked horrible. Her outfit I liked, but her face looked very bad. Guess her and her makeup artist wanted to leave.

Danny's quote about his mother dressing him. :lol: He is truly, the baby of the show.

Stella looked amazing. Did anyone else notice how gorgeous she looked? Her character is amazing. So far, her character seems to be the only star in this series. She has her problems and she doesn't let it get to her. She encourages others and even helps as in with Hawkes.

The new lab? It's alright. I'm not entirely digging it, but I'll get used to it. I like though how there are random flat screens and a non-working vending machine.

And I might add that I truly miss Hawkes and his dead bodies.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

They did in THe Closer I believe.

I love those sunglasses. :devil: My jaw dropped a little. Flack was fine last night!

Seeing Stella last night made me wish she was the lead of the show. Stella is just so much more interesting and dynamic than Mac IMO. I love how Aiden and Hawkes both went to her and she gave them good advice. THat's the mark of a true leader--actually being approachable and willing to help those under you. Mac should take notes.

13. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

I gave it an A-. It was a good ep, but not the best I've ever seen. I liked the Mac/Stella interaction, as always. Now that Mulder and Scully are gone they are, by far, my favorite couple on TV. (Hmm. . .they even have the same initials. . .M&S).
    If I may venture away from the topic of the hotness levels of all the various guys for a moment. . .why did they wife of the dead man feel a need to LIE about the fact that she'd seen her husband that morning and told him she was pregnant?? Seems that would have given her a pretty good reason for wanting him to remain alive and was pretty positive proof that -- whatever their problems might have been -- she and her husband weren't *totally* estranged from each other.

14. adder574

adder574 Witness

I liked this episode, but it was not one of my favourites. Ihave to admit though that Danny, flack, sheldon and mac, looked great. I agree that Aiden looked burned out. I wonder if they had her look like that because she was really worried about her friend. I am glad that writters are not killing her off.

One thing that left me wondering though was Danny's comment that his mother still dresses him. Wasnt it in On the Job when Danny said "I swear on my mothers grave", wouldnt that indicate his mother is dead. May that girl from the show Ghost Whisperer call him everyday with a message from his mother about what to wear.

15. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

Everybody's taking the "My mother dresses me" comment so seriously! He said it in kind of a snippy way so I took it to be merely a comeback, nothing more.