Tea and Scones ~ english thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guest, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

Does anyone here watch any of the soaps? I enjoy Corrie and Emmerdale i find them so funny and great conversation fillers but i cant stand Eastenders or Hollyoaks. First because i find Eastenders depressing and second because Hollyoaks claims to be from Liverpool and yet lives up to all the stereotypes other people have of the city which i can't stand.

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Oh man, I used to love Eastenders! :lol:

I adore Nigel Harman, and ever since he left I've stopped watching it, and also because the storylines seem to have gone down hill. :eek:

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

There was a time when I was younger that I watched practically alll the soaps on the TV :lol: probably didn't do me any good, but oh well :p Now I only watch Home & Away...yeah, I know I'm sad, but I just can't be doing with any of the other soaps. Like in Eastenders, all the characters seem to do is bicker, swear and scowl at each other :eek: :lol:

4. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

Home and Away wow I haven't watched that in years! Probably not cine it moved from ITV to Five thats like ages ago isn't it? I always preferred Neighbours though i have no idea why when Neighbours is laughable but its a bit of light entertainment when i get home from college.

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I used to watch Emmerdale on 9th grade :p

"Heartbeat" is my love. I just love the show.

*disappears*

6. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

I ADORE Neighbours! Just something good to watch that I can laugh at sometimes. I don't like Home and Away, its...odd because of the quality of camera they use really irritates me! :rolleyes: and not to mention, it's...pretty crap. :p

7. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

Ahhh the soaps. No have to say I don't watch any of them. I'm a bit of a 'Deal Or No Deal' addict though. That's as much British drama that I can take. :lol: God I wish I was Noel Edmonds and came up with this gameshow first! It's so simple and yet it's made him millions.

Anyway, happy Valentine's Day to all!

8. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

Deal or no deal! Ahh i love that show I have become a bit of an addict because of my mum and dad. It's so simple yet great to watch, some of the contestants are pricless on it. Remember Bunny?!
    Oh yes Happy Valentines to all as well.

9. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

you know i don't watch any english shows, not one, only big brother when it's on, and like the news! All i watch is american shows. each ep for them is like a mini movie, in quality, and acting. Hollyoaks i must say is the worst for acting ability,it has to be said, sorry :p
    I have tried to watch deal or no deal but i just don't understand it, i suppose if i understood it, or bothered to learn about it even, i might enjoy it!

10. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

Yeah my darn Mum and Dad got me into it as well!

Bunny was such a classic! There's 2 women on the show at the moment who have been on there for ages and they both cry at every opportunity. I felt sorry for Tony who went home yesterday with 1p but in the end it's 1p more than what he had when he started! Hehe.

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I spend a lot of my working time up in what is known as 'heartbeat' country. It's actually Goathland which is in the North York Moors National Park, and it never ceases to amaze me the sheer number of visitors they get every year, who go to this tiny village just to see the place where it is filmed. I haven't seen it for years, but it used to annoy me that it had been on for so long yet they never got out of the 1960's? I probably haven't really seen it since Nick Berry left, now that was years ago! :lol:

Deal or No Deal? Never seen it, but nearly everyone who has seems to love it. I also haven't seen Home and Away for years and rarely watch Neighbours anymore either. Maybe it is a sign of getting older? Although, despite the terrible acting I am still a little addicted to Hollyoaks, I'm loving JP and Craig and I hope they end up together, and I'd like Justin to get a good beating just because... ;)

12. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

I watch Eastenders now and again but it bores me. Haven't watched Corrie in years as it got stupid. Never really watched Emmerdale. Last time I watched Hollyoaks was about 10 years ago when I was at uni. It annoys me as every girls seems to be gorg and in the real world that doesn't happen.

Don't watch Home and Away or Neighbours. Lost track of Neighbours when I started working strange hours.

13. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

i dont bother with soaps apart from home and away

14. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

Can I have somew tea and scones, although technically not English :) I'm not far!
    I'm not really a soap fan, Tv loving at the mo' is ER, CSI (obvious) and Desperate Housewives (shameful I know).

Friday night project rocks! and Stupid addicted to the Ice skating! HAHAHA

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^^Yes, I'm a strong believer that this should be the 'British thread', but either way we don't discriminate, all nationalities can join in and talk about British things...after all, generally people seem to think that Brits are weird. :)

I actually had afternoon tea last week. Proper afternoon tea, with afternoon tea blend tea, a warm scone (pronounced sconn, Yorkshire folk...), butter, jam and clotted cream. It was so yummy, I swear people should eat like that all the time! Not that it is good for you.

I quite like the ice skating, I like the element of 'celebrities in danger' that it has. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.