Episode # 515 "Man Down" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 10, 2007.

1. addictedtogreg

addictedtogreg Dead on Arrival

I really like that idea about the "Broken Home" thread.

I also think it was slightly strange when natalia and Frank found that Kathy person, but i don't get how she couldn't wriggle herself out from under the boat. It seems like since she was on her back, she could have at least tried to kick the boat off of herself!

I also thought Ryan's reaction to the security guard was amazingly fast and amazingly well done, i also thought it was slightly off that Calleigh was wearing like stilletos and boots at that, while wearing a very revealing top, even at the crime scenes!!

YAY!!
    :)

2. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I loved it. Was glad to see that Eric didn't make a miraculous recovery. Of course my hubby said he thought someone was gonna die. I said well........technically Eric did for about 11 min. I guess Clave got what he deserved in the end heh? Hated what he did to the man that raised him though. Wonder where Mommy was? Hubby asked that question as well. LOL Can't wait till next weeks episode.

3. dying_for_delko

dying_for_delko Hit and Run

that was the most amazing episode ever. i wonder if the whole memory loss and other side affects will last forever. it was soooo sad when he cried.

4. CSI_CSIMiamifan

CSI_CSIMiamifan Prime Suspect

This was such an amazing episode. I was a little sad that there was no Speedle flashback, but the episode was still excellent. here's my little review:

Ryan: Wow! What great acting skills from Jon Togo. Even though him and Delko got off to a wrong start, he cares about him. You can tell that after the episode, "Nailed" they've gradually started to appreciate the other more and more and are becoming good friends. I don't think they'll be best friends or as good of friends as Speed and Eric were, but they're still pretty good friends. When Ryan first arrived at the hospital you could tell he didn't want to believe Delko was dead. "I heard dispatch say Delko is dead. What's going on?" It's like he couldn't come to reality that Delko could be dead. When he's in Eric's hospital room, he just leans against the wall and running a hand over his face. His eyes are watery and red, you can tell he's very upset and it looks like he may have been or close to crying. And when he's looking at the blood at the parking garage, you can tell he's just glad Eric is still alive. When he's interogating the one guy and he slams the pictures down was brilliant. And he mentions that it wasn't just some guy who was shot, it was a cop and his friend. And when they found out that it was the Security Guard that shot Eric, I thought Ryan was gonna kill the guy right there. "YOU SHOT MY FRIEND!" And then he lunged at him. And his other line, "You put a bullet in my partner's brain. I don't give a damn about your car." I can now fully consider Ryan a member of the team and am liking him more and more in each episode.

Calleigh: I thought she played her emotions pretty well too. You can tell that when Ryan met up with her at the hospital that she had been crying because her eyes were red and puffy. Then when she puts the necklace thing in Eric's hand and she closes it and just stares at him. I loved that scene. She was also determined to get the truth about Eric's condition from the nurse. The scene where she went in to visit Eric was heart-breaking. When she first walked in and she quietly whispered, "Eric." "Eric, it's Calleigh." Then he whispered back, "Cal." She was really crying during this scene. I'm glad she showed some emotion for her friend. Also, after Eric says her name, she makes a small joke, "You look good." Although she's very sad and this is a serious situation, she's trying her best to keep it together. But then when Eric asked where Marisol was, Calleigh was heart-broken. She didn't know what to say. Then she just rubbed his shoulder and told him to rest. Her scene with Alex was pretty sad too, but she managed to keep herself together. She also noticed that Eric was different and just sadly stared at him when Alex said he may never be the same Eric they used to know. And finally when Ryan and Calleigh find the shooter, Calleigh doesn't quite snap like Ryan, but you can tell she's pissed from her tone. I thought Emily Procter's acting in this episode was great too.

Alexx: Although she didn't have that many scenes, she still played her emotions very well. Kudos to Khandi Alexander for doing as much as she did with only 2-3 very short scenes. When she first visited Eric in his hospital room, she sat on the edge of his bed and just started to rub his leg. I didn't notice it until I re-watched the episode this morning, but it looks like Alexx puts her hand on Delko's right leg where his wound is, like she was trying to heal it or something. Or that might just be me. And the scene with her and Calleigh was great too. "He may be different than the Eric we've known." She looked so sad. And when she also mentioned the signs of Eric's condition. When Calleigh asks, "Whats gonna happen." Alexx just sadly replys, "It's already happened honey." Again, with what little she was given, Khandi Alexander played her part very well

Horatio: Although a lot of people are mad because Horatio wasn't sad enough or too emotional, I kinda disagree. You could tell he was pissed. At the beginning he just sadly looked on as the Doctors tried to revive Eric. Then when he's visiting him at the very beginning, he just stared sadly at him. Then for the rest of the episode he's on the hunt for revenge. When he's talking to that bitch Kathy Gibson(ok, once again BITCH!!!) he's like, "If my CSI dies, you'll be charged with murder." And of course, the shoot-off scene with Clavo and Horatio. Let me back up a bit. When Horatio is talking to Clavo over the phone and says his biological father has betrayed him and he's all alone. Then H says, "This is your chance to turn yourself in." Clavo's like, "Over my dead body." Then H says, "Over your dead body it'll be." And Horatio sticks to his word, we all know. Then H finally shoots Clavo at the end and says, "Take care Clavo." The final scene with H and Eric was completely heart breaking. The lines they had were so powerful. When Horatio says, "We got the guy Eric." Then Eric says, "H?" Horatio's like, "Yeah" Then Eric sadly says, "I can't remember anything." Then Horatio's like, "You were shot in the line of duty Eric. You're in the hospital." Then he walks over to Eric's bedside and sits down next to him. He looks really sad and it looks like he's trying not to cry. Then Eric says the same sad thing, "Where's Marisol. Why isn't she coming?" Horatio now looks completely devastated. He doesn't know how to tell Eric that his beloved sister is dead. Then we see the tear fall from Eric's eye and Horatio looks like he's on the verge of tears. I think David Caruso played his part really well, along with the rest of the cast.

Eric: Although he was unconscious or barely with it most of the episode, his scenes were incredible. When he repeatedly askes for Marisol. And at the beginning when they take that needle thing and stab it into Eric's heart, and he pops up gasping for air. His eyes were huge. Adam Rodriguez did an amazing job with this episode. He managed to play dead pretty good and kept everything together. He acted like he was in his character's place. 50 kudos to Adam Rodriguez. :D Anyways, his scene with Calleigh was amazing. I was glad that he recognized her and was like, "Cal." When he asked for Marisol it was heart-breaking. And at the end when he tells H he can't remember anything, he sounds completely sad. And when he realizes that his sister isn't coming to visit him, he starts to cry a little. That was so sad. I started to cry with him. Once again, kudos to Adam.

Overall, this was an amazing episode. I give it an A+(which I usually do, I just really love this show.) The other characters were good too. Frank and Natalia did good with their parts as well. I'm glad that the episode did mainly involve around the original team(without speed of course). I hope they start becoming closer to one another again like they were in seasons 1-3. Great acting from everyone. I think Jon Togo and Adam Rodriguez deserve an Emmy and Golden Globe for their acting. :D Heck, the whole cast deserves an award. I would just like to make it clear that I hate that Kathy bitch. I sorta wish Clavo had killed her or she cut her hand off or Frank and Natalia didn't find her. I felt bad for her and last week and before they found her in last night's episode, I felt bad for her and hoped they'd find her and not forget about her. But when I found out that she was helping Clavo, I just wished she drop dead at the spot. (Okay, really really sorry. I'm being too violent. I'll stop) Oh, let me get one more thing out. That stupid Security Guard. He's a bitch too. I wish Ryan had beaten him up or pulled out his gun and shot him. All he could think about was his stupid car. If I were H, Cal, and Ryan, I'd go and beat the shit out of that car. Maybe him and Kathy can share a lifetime in jail together. It's what they deserve. But seriously, that guy, ugh! He made me so mad. I hope Delko visits him and Kathy in jail and beats the shit out of them. (Ok, I'm being violent again. I'll stop now and end my post.)

I'm sorry if this is a really long post and if I've annoyed you people. It was just a really good episode and I wanted to share my thoughts and get them out there.

5. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

wow man that was realllyyy long lmao.... but umm long story short.. it was a really gud episode

me got a question about this episode... did they use the same jewelry store in it as they did for lost son? where speed got shot..

6. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

How is a big post a bad one? :lol: With text of course. It's great! Especially coming from a rookie, by which i mean Witness. :lol: Kinda makes me look bad. XD

Nope. :)

7. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

u sure about that?... o and ummm another question... when you look at the preveiw for next episode on cbs website... does it bring you there? cuz with me it doesnt maybe its just my computer

8. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Well, you said it very well, so i'll just comment. :)
    Hehe. Little.
    Ditto. And ditto. Jon was great, very angry, but not screaming his freakin head off. He said it all in his voice. I would run scared from that tone. :)
    Yep. It's because Cal is so in control, which is something I like about her. (Not that I don't like Ryan's not being completely in control...it's sexy :)) She was very very pissed though.
    THANK YOU! He was AMAZING! H just isn't the kind of guy to be really emotional, but he kind of was in this episode. the most emotion we've seen from him was "Lost Son," and in the ER, when he hung his head. Also, at the end with Eric. Wow. Very good job to David Caruso, because H had to be the leader and hold everyone else up and still be heart broken. Horatio was incredible.
    And it's HARD to piss off H. That man is made of steel.
    Yep. Still, that fake tear REALLY REALLY bothered me. Why couldn't the
    :lol: No, I would like to stuff Kathy and the skinny-ass security gaurd into his f'ing car, key it up, spray paint it purple, and have H, Cal, Ryan and Eric drive it into a canal, then go drink beers. :devil: THAT would make for good television. (Ok, I'm joking) :lol:
    You didn't annoy me. It gave me a chance to agree with someone. Great review- I also love the show and almost always give it A's, at least this season (Ok, well, there were some really annoying eps...)
    A for me as well (no + because of no Speed flashback and the fake tear. ARG, that ruined the moment for me the first time I watched it. I have to learn to ignore that :) )

9. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Yes, I am sure. :lol: I have to say it twice. XD

Stewart Otis pissed him off pretty good. Basterd.

Have to agree with Lilly, THANK YOU! He was great! But so was everyone else! Love how they got the acting skills to cry.

*punches air* Yeah! And i'll go along! :lol:

What? Aw damn.

10. Avalia

Avalia Hit and Run

I'm thinking it was the same place. Same car parked out front and all... it just looked like the name of the place was digitally edited. I mean, for crying outloud, when they walked in the building I got chills.

Now I need to go write a critique on a movie we watched in class. Why can't we do critiques on CSI: Miami in college?

11. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Hunter, I laugh so hard whenever I read one of your posts. (I'm not really joking, you can meet me in Long Beach and we can get him...I just can't do any drinking, I'll get an apple joice) :lol:
    *sigh* Lets get a 'Broken Home' thread going. As soon as one of the mods posts an official description, I'm there. :) Meet you all there.
    I don't know if I mentioned it above and I'm too lazy to check but the diamond store was the same place Speed was shot in. Was that their cheap replacement for a Speed flashback, or jost a cheap way of doing it. What, they couldn't take the $$ it took for that stupid-ass fake tear and use it to shoot a one-sec clip of a new shop? That is annoying- laziness, people. :)

12. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

i knowww exactly... when i was watchin it i thought... that was Horatio having his flashback of speedle and eva la rue pops out of no where... man it would have been cool if H had the flashbacks and cried... o at least shrugged or somethin lol

13. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

The new episode threads are posted each Friday, until that time you may use the Spoiler Lab to discuss upcoming episodes. :)

14. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Thanks and don't worry, i'm not MUCH of a drinker, but that occasion would of been a special one.

Guys, i beileve it was a dfferent store. I remember the Speed store was standing by itself, while THIS one, was surrounded by others. I think so at least.

And they couldn't even have a flashback of our beloved Speed?!? COME. ON!

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

yeah I noticed that too that they cut the Speed flahsback out and opted for a recount of how Eric ended up getting shot. I think they still should have used the Speed flashback though would have made things even more dramatic especially after the doctor was pretty much pronouncing him dead.
    The flashback they used was still effective though just not as much as I think the Speed one would have been :)