Episode # 515 "Man Down" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Forgot to say this, there's a secret doorway behind the bookcase at the General's pad! (I think it was the Gen..) But guess who found it out? Horatio!! *champaigne*

I love when H called Clavo on the cell and told him that his biological father turned him in! The look on Clavo's face was great! And then came this part...

H: *over razors* This might be the chance to turn yourself in Clavo.
    Clavo: Heh, yeah over my dead body.
    H: Then over your dead body it will be. *shuts cell*

ITS ON! BYE!

2. Avalia

Avalia Hit and Run

I loved the over your dead body it will be one liner. I started smirking at the moment and knew that H was gonna kill him.

3. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

IT IS ON NOW! See you in between on breaks! SO EXCITED!
    Countdown: 0 SECONDS! (ok, maybe a few)

4. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

AND HE DID! DAMN H HAS GOT SOME SWEET AIM!

So Clavo pretty much commited suicide by turning up on the PC's doorstep. Bang, he's gone. H says "Take Care Clavo." OVER HIS DEAD BODY might i add.

Here's the convo of the last scene, Eric/H.

Eric: H?
    H: Yeah?
    Eric: I don't remember anything.
    H: You were shot in the line of duty and your in the hospital. *sits down*
    Eric: Where's Marisol? Where is she?
    H: Shes...shes um...
    *pause*
    *tear down Eric cheek*
    END

SPOILER
    Between "Where's Marisol" and "she um", on my CAPTIONS, it read something.

H: (supposedly) It'll come back to you.

I guess H was gonna say it, but didn't. I dunno. Captions reaveal things.

(PS- And Ryan flips out on the guard who shot Eric!)

(PPS- At the 'entrance behind the bookcase', Horatio calls Natalia Ma'am. I imeediatly noticed that and stored it in my head.)

5. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

My gawd that Kathy girl was a humongous bitch. They saved her...how dare she. I wish she had died. I wish she had sawed off her hand and then had the saw stuffed down he throat.

6. Avalia

Avalia Hit and Run

Okay... I told myself I wasn't going to come back on here until sometime tomorrow, but alas -- here I am.

I'm here for a reason though.

I decided to go back and watch tonight's episode for a few things and noticed something that I wanted to point out to everyone.

During the scene where Delko is in the emergency room and they're using the paddles on him he moves. I don't think it was intentional either. If you watch carefully when the doctor looks at H in despair you can see Delko's leg moving on the bed and his hand/fingers are drumming against the bed (kind of like he always does when he's ready to draw his gun). Maybe it was intentional, maybe it wasn't. Either way, I was amused.

Okay, I have class in the morning -- good night everyone!

7. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

maybe adam got bored during the shot....or the editors mossed something...lol.

ok hopefully eric wont be out of commission (memory wise) for that long. i do know that medically he'd be out for a while. but who knows since this is tv-land.

ryan seems to be getting more emotionally involved in the cases as of late (or at least thats my opinion). and YAY for him snapping at the guy who shot delko. ok gotta go...damn 8am classes.

8. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Okay I'll write my review now, even though I'm exhausted.
    I'm still shaking from that ep. The whole time I was so ecstatic...I'm amazed.

***SPOILERS FOR HAWAIIANS***

Miami has really matured- the storylines too. The blood diamond story line was suprisingly well played and appealing. I was amazed when Natalia and Ryan found the children- I realy didn't expect that.

Speaking of Natalia- she played a HUGE part in this episode! I was thinking she'd ba a small part, but she was a full-blown CSI! She had a bigger part than Calleigh! I actually liked her- she was really a hard worker, and good CSI- I loved her with Frank, and H. I'm hoping she'll play a part like this in the following episodes, where she's not the big mess up but the big hero like everyone else (by the way, she also looked really good, I liked her gray suit :))

The biggest part for me- RYAN WOLFE! Boy, that boy is good. I love Speed so it's always been hard to see Ryan as being a real part of the team, but when he went after that security gaurd...I almost cried! I thought, Ryan WOlfe, you sexy CSI you. Jon really playes Ryan's emotions beautifully, and showed how much he cared for Eric. The way his voice cracked at the bgining, and how frantic he was, whilest staying calm and under control...Ryan is such a beatifully evolving character, and I can't wat to see him next week, from the promo he looks awesome again!

Horatio didn't have much screentime, but did great with what he did have. I really was impressed by the scene with the General- he seemed like his old, H self, the season two H I know we all miss. *sigh*

I said it before, I'll say it again- that Kathy bitch better not show her face again. I wanted to stab her. H should have killed her right there. Or had a Ryan-ish outburst. SHe deserved it. GRRRR...no sympathy you killer-lover.

Eric was great. He also didn't have much screentime, but Adam played an innocent, memory deprived, confuzed Eric so well...I almsot cried for him!

Calleigh and Alexx were great. When Cal went in to see Eric, I saw her eyes getting all red and puffy, and I almost cried! She was so great in this ep with Eric, and showed how she really loved and cared for him like a brother. Alexx wasn't in it much, but she was good too. Nothing special, but good all the same.

Oh yeah. When Cal and Ryan were questioning- Ryan had the little outburst, and that was a whole thing in itself, but I loved Cal's tone. She sounded so pissed, but under conrtol (lose control, Cal...). Love it :)

Clavo was great too. I wished they hadn't killed him the way they did for some reason...I would have rather he gone down fighting, even though I don't know why. Ah well.

Horatio and Eric at the end: I liked when H told Eric what was going on, I loved when Eric asked where MArisol was- I almost cried- and then when Horatio couldn't answer...I did cry. :(

Only complaint: That fake tear. Total crap. HATED IT. Really, really bad job there.

But it still tops my list. "Man Down" is now up there with s2. S5- bring it on, please. I hope for more of this in the future. :) Sorry for spell errors- it's late.
    And with that: Good night. :)

9. iloveyou

iloveyou CSI Level One

I liked how Ryan acted towards the fact that eric could have died.

and unlike the rest of them who didnt even look sad at all.
    and someone said that Horation kills someone every freakin' week
    that made me laugh really hard, cause its true HAHA.

10. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

After Clavo was shot, it struck me how much the pose and everything looked like it did after Eric was shot. So maybe they'll rush Clavo to the hospital and revive him — he'll be back!
    j/k
    Actually, I was quite disappointed in Clavo's demise. All that drama, and then he turns himself in. That seemed so out of character. But, as others said above, I suppose he realized he had nothing and no one left.

11. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

*heart breaks*

What a beautiful episode! I think everyone gave their best last night.
    Emily was outstanding, I couldn't keep a couple of tears when she was in the hospital room and said "Hey Eric, it's Calleigh"... She's a very talented actress and she conveyed such a deep angst... The emotional vibration in her voice was really impressive.
    I also loved how Jon portrayed Ryan's feelings. That "You shot my friend" made me shiver, it was so intense... Thumbs up for him, too.
    Last but not leasy, Adam. The last scene with H was incredibly touching and painful to see. That single teardrop rolling down his cheek stole my last bit of self control.

I hope we'll get to see more eps as good as Man Down (hopefully not so tragedic).

12. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Okay, I found the song that played during the E/C scene, yay! It's called Enter One by Sol Seppy. You can listen to it in the artist's myspace: http://www.myspace.com/solseppy

Pretty and chicky.

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Quite good two episodes. Of course bringing Aerosol to words annoyed me :p

Loved Calleigh.

There was two things that bugged me. WHen Frank 'n cops searched the car where the guns were... I was automaticly thinking shouldn't they test if there's a bomb?

And another thing... why couldn't H shoot Clavo to the shoulder or hand or arm? Meh, that was planned kill! A murder!

As for the diamond store... I also thought "hmm...wasn't that the same one where Speed was shot" butno big deal. Just bit strange.

Horatio is ona killing spree... Beware Jack Bauer!

14. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

am i the only one who feel nothing from this epi ?! i was expect more action and interesting story. but it was so so melodrama... csi miami team have go through more big problems/loss and just now we see all characters emotional....blah...i like only Call and Alex this epi. *repeat to my slef 'this is miami don`t try to think at all'*

aslo all this plot line make me think for terrified 'Blood Diamond' movie version. (TPTB don`t have any new ideas...poor them..) also why Wolfe and the snake lady was so surprise by theirs discovery - re kids in the store. or they have never see something more horrible ...pls guys give me a brak...

the only one good make character in S5 was Clavo and what they do with him...after one very cool epi TPTB just screws up everything (again !!!). so ridiculous way to kill him....agrrr...he have more big potential in this tv show. and if i go to watch CSI Miami it will be only if we have characters like Clavo....(hope Stetler to come beck on day light one day). somehow the whole end scene H/Clavo was like one flashback from Dirty Harry... or CSI Miami have become Western ... if u don`t shoot i`ll do it...*run scare*

don`t know why u guys hate so much Kathy - the kidnap girl. ok she help Clavo, but also she say the truth to H - he did ruin Clavo life. sometimes H have to hear the naked truth - he have enemy and this enemy have real motive. (sensible thing seldom see these day in Miami). the whole H/Clavo 'fight' was perfect as idea...but and of story... *sigh* how on earth after the previous epi when we have so helpless H now he again start to play God...man this is not real/happen ...this guy have to go see psychologist...or somone who know his character from S 1-3 to start write the scripts...

the Aerosol part and Delko tear i can take seriously, only if TPTB purpose was to show us that at last Delko will sufferer for his sis - in meaning at last to open (and have screen time) to show us his pain (well hidden in S5 till now)...even way this end make me only laugh...

15. dedmousie

dedmousie Civilian

This isn't the song I was looking for myself. It had male vocals, very heavy sustained string chords (probably synth), not much if any rhythm and was shortly after the opening credits. Was kinda like a symphonic sounding "Radiohead", but not..