Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Fool4love, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hollows *Possible Spoilers*

I read that J.K.Rowling said that 2 characters were going to die,my guesses:HP and Voldemort.

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Only two? I would have expected more than that.
    Yeah, I think Harry's going to die. I don't want him to, but she just might do it.

3. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Well, I think it would be pointless if both died. One of them has to beat the other. We will see.
    And guys, a friendly reminder: theories are okay, but if you have real spoilers, please use the spoiler tag :) Thanks!

4. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Those photos are just scary. Harry Potter nude...? That's just wrong. :lol:

Anyway, I think Harry and Voldemort would both die as useless as WillowsWannaBe said... I think it's a pretty big possibility. I hope not though. :( I love HP too much to see him die. :(

I'm so excited to read the book! But at the same time, scared out of my mind--if Harry is going to die.

5. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

WillowsWannaBe,I didn't use the spoilers code because the info was pretty vague,some sources said that 2 characters were going to die and others that at least 2 characters were going to die,so I thought it was more on the speculation side.

I agree with DragonflyDreamer,I think that more than 2 characters are gonna die.
    I give for granted that HP is gonna realize that the only way of killing Voldemort forever is sacrificing himself (so J.K.Rowling gets rid of him),that makes 2 deads,then I'm pretty sure Snape is gonna die :( and maybe Neville,not sure about this one though.

6. Dragonfly

Well, she is pretty adamant that she's not going to write any more HP books.

7. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

Rowling said that she killed two characters she hadn't expected to kill. I'm guessing it's one or more of the Weasleys, even a professor. My money's on Percy and McGonnegal. Or maybe even one of the twins -- although I think that killing off Fred or George would be disasterous. I'd probably cry.

I think Harry won't live to see 7-22, personally. He'll die killing Voldemort, Hermione and Ron will get married, Ginny will live in eternal mourning... And I will live happily ever after.

8. Azza4Speed

Azza4Speed Police Officer

I'm hoping for an eleventh-hour turn around from Snape. He's gotta be my favourite character. Appart from the Weasley Twins :D

I do think JKR will kill Harry. One of my friends has the Theroy that Harry's scar is a Horcrux, And i think it makes sense. So maybe he has to die to kill Voldemort. Either that or cut off his scar... *shiver*

9. screamingpoet

Oh, man, I love Snape. I think he's a really complex character, a lot more so than people would like to think. The eleventh-hour turnaround would be really nice. I think he's been good all along. I truly believe that Snape has been working for the Order and that Dumbledore (a skilled Legilimens, just like Snape) ordered the DADA professor to kill him in that moment of silence atop the tower.

I mean, honestly -- no one would truly believe Snape innocent. He had killed Dumbledore, and no one really liked him anyway. They all thought he was a jerk and cold-hearted, no one worth putting their time into to know. Why would they take the time to investigate his motives? Why would Severus Snape kill the one man who had believed in him?

Oh, and there's this:

If you believe that Snape is acting on Dumbledore's orders to kill him, as I do, (or possibly just make it look like he killed him, although he'd probably still be hurting him), then Snape's demeanor and Dumbledore's final words take on a whole new meaning.

...somebody else had spoken Snape's name, quite softly. "Severus..." The sound frightened Harry beyond anything he had experienced all evening. For the first time, Dumbledore was pleading. Snape said nothing, but walked forward and pushed Malfoy roughly out of the way. ... Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, and there was revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face. "Severus... Please..." (HBP pg 595/556)

Dumbledore wasn't begging for Severus to spare his life; he was begging for Snape to kill him. Would a man who says "death is but the next great adventure" honestly beg for his life?

10. Dragonfly

I've always thought that Dumbledore was asking Snape to kill him so that Draco wouldn't have to. He wanted to save him from that.

11. screamingpoet

Draco couldn't have killed him anyway. As much as Draco wanted to save his family from whatever wrath Voldemort would've sent their way if he failed to kill Dumbledore, the kid just doesn't have it in him to kill people. He was actually lifting his wand and turning it away from Dumbledore when all those other Death Eaters showed up.

12. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^Snape is also my fav character !!! :)

Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has signed up to play the boy wizard in the final two films in the hit series.

Producers Warner Bros told the BBC's Newsround the actor was "very much looking forward to starting filming" the sixth film in September.
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is due out next year, with the seventh and final movie following that.
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the fifth film to be based on JK Rowling's books, is out in July.

13. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Great news, thanks Hormiga! I'm glad they won't change the main character. I couldn't get used to another actor. Daniel is awesome. I don't know exactly how old he is, but will he not be a little old by the 7th movie is finished?

14. allmaple

allmaple Judge

hes 17 now, so will probably be around 20 when they finish the last movie. in the books they are 17/18 in the 7th year yes? so it wont be too much of a stretch. and after 5 movies already changing anyone in the cast would just be wrong. i still miss richard harris as dumbledore :( michael gambon is good but doesnt seem as ancient as i felt dumbledore should as i read the books.

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

From the Tv Guide:

Emma Watson is refusing to sign on for the final two Harry Potter films — and according to online reports will hold to that decision, even if producers were to jack up the 16-year-old's pay to £2 million (roughly $3.8 mil) a picture. "Emma doesn't want to do it anymore. She's tired of being known as 'that girl from Harry Potter,'" Rupert Grint, aka that redheaded kid from Harry Potter, tells the U.K.'s News of the World. "Daniel [Radcliffe] and I are distant from her now. We don't text or talk to her when we are not filming."
    In a statement issued Monday morning, a Warner Bros. rep says, "We're extremely confident that Emma will be back for films 6 and 7.