What got you hooked?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by 19ams87, Feb 10, 2007.

1. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

God Bless Spike! That's how I fell in love with it - Season 5 was half-over before I got to see any new episodes.

But I first started watching the show in South Korea, a few months before I left for Canada - they were just starting the first season. I came in at the airplane episode, and really enjoyed it - the story, the unique mystery, the interesting characters, the hint of attraction between Grissom and Sara... they all combined to make me think, "Huh - I'll try to catch this when I remember it's on." But it wasn't until Spike and "Primum Non Nocere" that I finally said "That's it; this is my new favorite show and I have GOT to see every single episode they've done!!"

2. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Drumchik - I thought the same thing about Gil and Cath too! *high fives Drumchik*

I think another thing for me was that I was an X Files fan before I discovered CSI and in a strange way its sorta similar. I can make some comparisons between Mulder and Grissom, same goes for Scully and Catherine. When it comes down to it, its just my kinda show.

And I love the fact that they guys on the show aren't just macho macho men, cuz i'd had enough of seeing those same ol' cops and robbers shows.

Thank the gods for CSI!

And I agree, ER isn't the show it used to be. *cries*

3. Forensics_annie

Forensics_annie Witness

who all thinks they will become a crime scene investigater?

4. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

i am hoping to. but not because i love the show and am obsessed ( even tho i do and am) i wanted to b a forensic scientist before the show started, watching it has encouraged me to follow this through so yea ia m

5. Tarragon

Tarragon Dead on Arrival

I have to admit that I nearly didnt bother with CSI again after the first episode I saw which was Unfriendly Skies. The plot was very similar to Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie and being a big Christie-phile I wasn't impressed. I gave it a second chance though. Too Tough To Die was probably the one that drew me in.

6. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I didn't dig Unfriendly Skies much either.

I don't think I could handle being a CSI to be honest. I get attached too easily, i'd rather just act on the show LOL! That's why acting is such a cool career, you got to experience things without actually having to do them.

7. calleighdelko

calleighdelko Lab Technician

i cant remember the first episode i saw i was flicking through the channels one night and it was on and i really enjoyed it and i just got hooked from there but its me who has got all my friends watching it cause i never shut up about it

8. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

First show, Holly walks into grissom's office, and the first thing he does is ask for a pint of blood, and won't give the reason. Right away I knew I had found a show that was going to combine humor, geeky science, and police work in a way that would be at least entertaining.

I have most of the first season on my Xbox (yeah... heh-heh) with the original music and not The Who. :)

9. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

I started watching CSI right at the Pilot! I remember seeing a commercial for CSI on friday night.. and I thought, Hey - I don't have a life.. I'll stay home and watch a science show! :lol: Well, I'm glad I did.. cause I've been hooked ever since!

10. britfan

britfan Pathologist

This is very cool, ams. Well played!

I'd never seen it before this time last year. And that was only because I had booked to go to Las Vegas in the summer. My friend at work told me I'd have to watch it now. So I watched Living TV and saw Grave Danger. LURVED IT!!

Then my neighbours lent me their box sets and I devoured them over a weekend!! Well, series one, anyway, then the rest over subsequent weekends.

I have to admit, when I first started with the show, I was a Nicky girl. But then there was the Grissom! It started slowly, then built up to obsession - his twinkling eyes, cheeky smirk... rowr! But Nicky is looking mighty fine, these days, now he's filled out a bit... too scrawny before! ;)

So, Grave Danger got me interested, but A Night At The Movies totally hooked me.

And yes, big hugs to Brass and Hodges! They make me giggle!

11. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

*bows* why thankyou BF. I aim to please!!

My mate was obbsessed with Billy and showed me a pic of him before I started watching CSI and to be totally honest, he didn't do anything for me. (hides from multiple sharp objects being thrown from every direction!) Then I started watching it and HOT DAMN! I fancied Nick first too, then the Grissomater seduced me with his quirkyness. Damn him, stupidly smexy man. :devil:

I've just realised, i've only watched CSI for about 2 months and i've bought S1 - 4, that equals like £120, oh my gawd, I coulda saved that for a car. Oh well, i'd rather have Billy material!! Oh god, and then I bought Manhunter, TL&DILA and Fear. Your costing me a lotta money Billy boy. :lol:

12. MMForbiddenDonut

MMForbiddenDonut Witness

I was sick last January and laying on the couch and my parents had it on (episode "King Baby") and I just got kind of hooked on the episode and then a few weeks later I was flipping through the channels and found it on Spike and I was completely hooked from then on.

13. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

^I bet you were glad that you were sick?! :lol:

14. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Totally with you there! He costs a lot to maintain! Just pre ordered the first part of series 6. Thank the sweet lord for credit cards!!

15. Musicluvr325

Musicluvr325 Police Officer

Hoesntly I don't remember what got me hooked. The two that always stand out in my mind are Blood Droops and Butterflied. My mom watched the show and one day I came in sat down and watched. It took a little longer, but then I was hooked.