"Law of Gravity" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 4, 2007.

1. 2imagine

2imagine Victim

Nick says something like, "Hey, I AM an a**man."

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Hey.. try this ;) http://www.grissomsararomance.com/

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Nick: Looks like its you and me again hoss
    Keppler: You got a problem with that?
    Nick: No, I like your style, its the suits...

Hmm seems to me in the first five minutes that Nick has overcome his problem with Keppler or he just decided its better to move on then dewell.

4. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Aww crap! I thought that Greg was supposed to be the first person to greet Grissom when he returned, but I see that the writers changed it to the king of all sycophants - Hodges!

Grissom looks much older with that scraggly gray beard, but it's great to see him back!

So far it blows.

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i thought it was great! poor cath, watching two people she cares about die in the same year. i think she wins now on the one whos had the most crap happen to them

6. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

i am sorry keppler died. i thought he would be good to come back now and then especially if will petersen walked.
    funny how when grissom first left i was very mad he left.
    now that he was gone for awhile, i am like hey get out of here, you leave me first and I wont take you back later.

7. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Poor Keppler. And i agree with previous comments that Grissom looked a little haggard in this ep.
    I liked the visions that Keppler kept having, especially the one where he was at the dinner table and was cutting the meat.

8. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Writing Greg out of scenes seems to be the norm for TPTB this season. Every time it looks like he's going to do something good, suddenly it's another character doing it and Greg is given a tiny appearence just for the sake of being there. It's annoying.

On that note, how many minutes of screentime did Greg clock up this episode?

9. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

I know I'm in the minority but I think it was one of the best eppys of the season, fresh, great acting all around, dark, and man I did like Keepler, tragic guy, he added something new to the show.

Though they need to make up their minds which way Nick is supposed to be this season..make up their minds about it.

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What was with Warrick's "fat Texas mouth" comment? Was he mad at Nick?

I was surprised Cath cried; but it could be losing two people like someone else just said.

Even though I'm a big GSR fan I'm kinda glad they cut some of what was to be in it...I think subtle is better than in our faces. Though Sara's tone had me curious.

11. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

^ Im guessing about 1.5 minutes...it seems to decrease with every passing episode. *sigh* and I really didnt understand why Catherine was so upset about Keppler...she knew him for what, 4 weeks? :confused:
    And thank GOD there was no dreadful end scene that I had read about. :D That fact pretty much redeemed the rest of the episode for me.

12. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Well I thought it was a suckfest episode from beginning to end.

Why was Catherine so emotional over Keppler's death? She's only known him, what, a month? That was just odd.

Warrick mentioning that he doesn't gamble anymore is a forewarning loud and clear that his gambling addiction is going to come back.

I don't get why that guy would cut off that prostitute's hand. What was the point of that? I must have missed something in the storyline.

Like I said - a suckfest of an episode. One of the worst of the season.

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

This ep was awesome, Liev did a great job with the flashbacks and pain that was built up inside of him. His death was an accident mixed with suicide mixed with murder, in the effect (Accident) frank was aiming for the girl hit keppler, (Suicide) cause he knew what he the outcome would be, (murder) cause frank was a heartless sob. His pain and guilt was based on the wrong that frank created about amy and to amy.

I liked that though they had their suspisions that Nick and Warrick and even Wendy admitted to liking him, even after everything. Catherine defended him to the end as a friend, I think I would have liked to see Liev as Keppler on the day shift making the rare appearance like bumping into one of them as the shifts change, or whatever. -- I think I actually teared up at the end when they pronounced Keppler.

Not thrilled with the Grissom return, don't get me wrong WP coming back is fine, but its the way they wrote that part for him, it started like he was the rookie of sorts and then slowly got back to being the boss, it was definitly un-grissom like, and not to thrilled with his new look, he looks a lot older IMO then when he left. Sabbiticals are suppost to be to help you relax and rest, not look worse then when you left.

Hmm I will have more had a phone call in the middle of it and had to mute it so I have to watch it after shark is over or tomorrow.

Ranking 9/10

Franks DNA was under her nails so he cut off her hand because he new CSI would catch it and link it to him so instead of trying to be very neat he just cut off the hand.

14. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I wish I knew what end scene you were talking about, iluvEricSzmanda... Maybe you mixed with another ep?

I liked it, but it wasn't pure CSI. That said, I liked it more than I've liked any other "not pure CSI" ep. Keppler was so tragic, and as he figured it all out, we got to go with him. The dreams gave us clues, showed us insight, showed us the pain. I liked the touch of having him zone out at a light. I know I've done that a thousand times...

And Keppler being sure he'd die... I like that he was ready for that, that he prepared the kit for the CSIs to find with the hand inside. He tried to do what he could with his last few hours of life, and do the best with it.

I feel bad for Catherine, and while I get annoyed with constant Cath drama, I think her reaction works. I mean, she just met this guy a few weeks ago, yes, but they've already been through a lot. Couple that with the fact that she already lost her FATHER to multiple gunshot wounds to the chest... She probably wasn't just crying for Keppler, there, but crying, again, for Sam. So, kudos to the writers for that. It makes sense given the year she has rather than some of the good ole "Melodrama Cath drama" we've gotten in the past. This one rang really true, for me.

I loved Grissom's face when Warrick asked if he heard about, "Reverse Forensics." CLASSIC. I just about died laughing after that one.

And that stupid box. Open it! :)

15. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

Oh my gosh, that's all I can say right now. :eek: :eek: I'm just utterly speachless after this episode. I won't lie, I'm tearing :(, and what hurts me the most, shocking me, is that I told my dad earlier, "Grissom's gonna shoot Keppler." I laughed, knowing Grissom wasn't gonna shoot anybody, but now that Keppler actually was shot, wow. I was so annoyed with Keppler, and I remember thinking that Keppler was the dirty cop they were talking about in the promos, since I'm going spoiler free for the season. Wow, I'm just completely saddened by this.

And yeah, I agree. Catherine has won the award for "Having the Most Crap Happening to You". Wow, I really saw chemistry between them. I would've hoped that Keppler would guest appear again, maybe stir up gooey emotions in Catherine again, but that's totally gone now. Like I said before, oh my gosh.