Tea and Scones ~ english thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guest, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

Channel Four are the worst channel for messing around with episodes and seasons. I loved Third Watch i got really into it one summer in the school break but then i found out that Channel Four either put it on the the early hours of the nights or not at all or messed with the series and episode chronology. Plus I'm mad at channel four for showing ER at 10pm instead of 9pm, it was alaways 9pm and then they changed it so now i prefer watching it earlier on E4 at 9.
    Plus a lot of my friends are still mad that they lost the rights to Sky when Lost was obviously worth the money surely?

God bless channel five for keeping CSI, House, Prison Break etc etc

2. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Channel Five is the only decent channel at the moment. When they start a show they leave it. They don't mess with the order, the time or the day. It's as it should be.

Channel 4 should be ashamed. I think they spend too much time on shows that no one really wants to watch.

3. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

i spend most of my time watching the music channels, unfortuantly all i get are the hits TMF and E4 music in the mornings, id love to have mtv2 or kerrang

4. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

I did what I haven't done for a long time and watched Saturday night TV on ITV and it was surprisingly good. I was surprised. Ant and Dec are STILL going strong! Hehe.

5. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I loved Third Watch too! My sister just got it on DVD. I'd forgotten how good it was. I'm sure it could have been popular if C4 had given it a chance. I still haven't seen the final season cos they haven't shown it yet, and they probably won't yet.

I agree that C5 is much more reliable. I haven't really known then to mess around with shows. They're pretty good at showing the full series even if it's been cancelled in the US.

6. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Channel Four could knock the socks of ITV and BBC if only they stayed dedicated to shows people really wanted to watch or that were doing well.

Ant and Dec are great but I've not watched their new show. Love Saturday Night Takeaway.

7. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

I am also a great admirer of Channel Five. Not only do they get the rights to air some of the very best US drama shows (eg. House, Prison Break), they have organized scheduling too.

We couldn't not subscribe to Sky though as it has Battlestar Galactica on Sky One! :D That show alone is worth the subscription. ;) Nice to see a couple of British actors in it too - Jamie Bamber and James Callis.

8. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Best not get me started on BSG! :D James Callis is just brilliant. I love how he is so very english with his accent! I remembered him from Bridget Jones, but he has truly excelled in BSG. Emmy-worthy, but then again, so are several of the cast. :)

9. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

hey, ive only just discovered this thread, crazy! ive been hovering in the grissom/sara thread for about a year, i never post though.
    i looove tv at the moment dont you?!
    on mondays i watch niptuck, tuesdays is csi, wednesdays is desperate housewives and the lost room was on for a while which was really good, thursdays, well used to be greys, but thats finished now, but er is on and fridays a bit rubbish i suppose, and saturday yeah rubbish too, ahhh but sunday we can look forward to lost coming back on!! it is sunday that it comes back on right?
    oooh i have a question, does anyone actually like england? :p i know i dont really, its too cold, and well apart from today it rarely snows, so its like cold for no reason! you know what we need some of that global warming! i joke, i joke! any who well i plan on moving to america when i get my degree.
    ive really waffled! i will stop now!
    one last thing, do people pronounce them sconns or scones (as in stones)?

10. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Welcome to the thread egg4thechicken. I'm sure you'll love talking to all us brits.

I prenounce them scones as in stones.

I love living in England. Yeah the weathers not great at times but at least we have different types not all cold or all hot. There is lots to love about this country. Well thats what I think.

11. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

yer i love london, i went on friday, on the bus ride there it was in the middle of the day and i decided i wanted to live there because it was so cool, then on the bus ride back everything looked a bit darker and i saw tramps sleeping in doorways, so i decided london wasnt for me

12. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Oh yeah we can excited about snow cause we don't have it often enough to be bored and then we don't cope, so schools close and we get days off!!!

I went sledging yesterday and that was so much fun...I love how even if we only have a cm of snow evryone is out throwing snowballs and everyone has smiles on their faces...like it's the best day in the world!!

13. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

James Callis is HOT. Hot hot hot. I loved him as the Wolfman in...what was it... that drama set in the 50s/60s. Was it Lipstick On My Collar?

Oh, hello btw XD I only just noticed this thread was here!

14. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

I think its quite funny how in the smallest bit of snow all the schools close and say "the heating is off" only in England will you get that. But yeah i loved the snow me and my cousin made a snow-woman with a bikini on and all the little kids in our road loved it. Ha ha.

On liking the country hmm well sometimes i do sometimes i dont it depends what going on in my life at the moment, what the weathers like and whether the american drama's are on t.v or not.

15. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Thing is we aren't used to having snow on a regular basis. It's not as if we get it at the same time every year. I personally hate it when it snows. I don't mind driving in it but otherwise I hate it. Plus all this very cold weather is playing havoc with my veg seedlings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.