Nick is Sick

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by iwantboromir, Sep 26, 2005.

1. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

I'm not really sure what to call this one. :confused:....I have been sorting out the first grade phonics library at work for the last two weeks :(. After looking at this title 180 times, I just could not resist writing this. ;)

If it sucks, blame it on the writer being stuck in a paper dungeon with nothing but her own thoughts to entertain her while doing a monotonous job. (The dark corner of my mind IS a scary place. :eek:)

Well, :rolleyes: here goes.......

Nick is Sick

“Hey Nick.” Warrick Brown greeted his friend as he entered the locker room. Nick Stokes is already there, dressed and sitting on the bench before the lockers.

“I’m sick.” Nick complains.

“Well, Suck it up. We’ve got work to do.” Warrick grabs his jacket and heads back out of the room, pausing at the doorway. “Come on.”

Everyone is already gathered for assignments. Coughing and wheezing, Nick flops down into the nearest chair.

“Don’t get too comfortable Nicky.” Catherine advises sagely. “Here comes Gil and he looks like he’s in a hurry.”

“Hope everyone is okay and ready to go..” Gil states as soon as he enters the room.

“I’m sick.” Nick informs him. “My throat is sore and I-”

“Ssh!” Catherine shushes him as Warrick plants a hard elbow into his ribs.

“He really isn’t interested in how we are, Nick.” Sara informs him out of the corner of her mouth.

“Nick, I don’t have time for your whining. Save it for another time, or better yet, grow up.” Grissom glares at him. “We’ve got a big case. A B&E that has left us with four D.B’s and a possible abduction. Butterfields’ Emporium. Warrick, I need you to gather the video and get back here. Archie is all yours tonight.”

“Right Boss.” Warrick nods, taking his assignment sheet before immediately heading out.

“Catherine, We have two potential witnesses at the Desert Sands. Take Greg. Interview and gather any evidence you can.”

“Sure thing.” Catherine nods to Greg as she gathers up her things. The two hurry out together.

“Sara, Nick, You’re with me.” Gil motions for them to follow. “You guys ride together, I’ll take my own this time.” Nick willingly lets Sara drive to the scene. He leans back in the seat, not even bothering to make a crack about her driving skills.

“What’s the deal, Stokes?”

“I’m sick!” Nick complains once again. His eyes are closed, so he doesn’t see Sara rolling her eyes at him.

4 hours later………..

“You know, Grissom, I think Nick might really be ill.” Warrick motioned to the inert man collapsed at the Break room table.

Grissom frowns, stopping at the lab doorway where Sara is working at the microscope. “Sara? Why isn’t Nick helping you with your case?”

“He kept sneezing, I was afraid he would contaminate the evidence.” Sara answers without looking up. “I told him to start up the paperwork.”

“And how much paperwork is actually getting done?” Gil frowns, approaching the unconscious man.

“Well, If it means anything, he is drooling on some forms?” Warrick snickers, pointing to the papers Nick’s face is plastered to.

“What’s going on?” Catherine and Greg appear beside the tow men. Greg squeezes by, grumbling about his ‘stash of coffee’.

“Nicky, here, is working hard.” Warrick motions to the object of discussion.

“He doesn’t look good.” Catherine places a motherly hand on his forehead. “He’s feverish. He needs to be taking some Vitamin C, Zinc and Echinacea.”

“My Poppa Olaf always swore by his lemon brandy elixir.” Greg pipes up.

“NyQuil.” Sara suggests, entering the room.

“More like Dimetapp.” Warrick snickers. “It’s grape flavored, ya know.”

“What he needs is to learn to call in sick.” Gil sighs. “Warrick, drive him home before he gets us all sick.”

Warrick grabs his friends arm, heaving him up. As he does, Nick comes awake. “Wh?”

“Rick is taking you home Nicky.” Gil informs him softly. “You’re sick.”

“Tha’s wha I was saying all along!”

The End.

2. saraholic

saraholic Corpse

OMG!!!!!!! :lol: You had Snickers in here. I love it!!!!! How could I not???? :lol:

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Funny..and you know....Nick should have called in sick..

naughty boy..

4. Selah

Selah Prime Suspect

XD

Aw this was so cute and it even had some snickers in it.^^ I'm sure everyone has been where Nick has in this fic.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

oh for sure that everyone has been in this situation...if not ... lucky them.. lol

6. EmilyBlair

EmilyBlair Hit and Run

Poor Nicky! I really liked this story very cute!

7. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

Like I said, staring at the title "Nick is Sick" for two weeks got me thinking. Now I've been challenged to write something based on each of the characters. Cath is next.

8. cll424

cll424 CSI Level One

LOL such a cute story! good job iwantboromir!

9. Hollis

Hollis CSI Level Two

Aww... poor Nicky, he's a little sicky... :)

10. Guest

Guest Guest

OH MY WORD! That is hillarious! My word! That's funny! LOL! Nick should have called in sick, but would they have believed him? Who knows! LOL!

11. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

I love it.

12. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

aw.. i love it. had some snickery love in it. I LOVE SNICKERS!! go nick and sara!

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Awwww *snuggles him...He can't get her any sicker since she's already on antibiotics for her own sinus respitory thing* Cute :)