Grissom & Sara #25: Running up the Phone Bill

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Adzix, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

2. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

There is a postit on his desk in that shot. I want to know what it says, because I'm nosy... I love his postit collection, though. I have so many freakin' postits of varying colors in my room!

I just love that Grissom is thinking of her, wondering where she is and what she's doing. My fiance is going away next week for a week. It's strange, because we haven't been apart for more than three days the whole time we've been dating (3 1/2 years)... and I know we'll miss each other, and we'll be thinking about each other... and I'm confident in that. I wish Sara were confident about Grissom.

I think she's shaken, really. Her look at that little stick wasn't anger, or anything, but she's worried. Keppler doesn't miss his hometown at all... She's missing Grissom, thinking about him, but is he thinking about her? I really wish, now, that we could have had the flashback scene to explain her emotions more, but I get that things were changed for whatever reasons... I just sorta wonder what could have been...

3. katjo

katjo Witness

I think Sara put the cocoon in his office because she spends sooooo much time at work, plus what a better place. Grissom's office. When she was looking around his office, you could clearly tell she was missing him. But it didn't look like an angry look, more like a longing look.

I wish Sara would have an LH moment, and make Gris very very very jealous. Is it just me, or does Grissom seem to be into some kinky things? I mean LH is kinky, he didn't seem too disturbed by the whole Fur and Loathing thing, and he has said a few other things in past that has made me think, hmmm this guy could really get into kinky stuff. Does anyone else see this pattern. Even during Swap Meet, Sara couldn't grasp the concept, but he didn't seem at all shocked by it. What do you guys/gals think?

4. Desertwind

Maybe, I don't know about "kinky" but he's pretty much not prejudiced, and takes things as they are presented to him..very fair-minded, and on the we'll say "sensual" side, I can always feel his deep passionate side, which he trys to hide, and he's probably up for most anything as well, if you catch my drift :p if only I was a fly on the wall in that "WTG" scene, than I'd know what and how he is in a torrid, sitiuation.. ~~~I'd say tiger~~~

[​IMG]

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I'm pretty disappointed that from the promo picture it looks like Grissom and Sara won't work the miniature case. If Sara is still "mad" at him, however, I guess it makes sense. It does look, though, from the way she smiled at his present yesterday, that she's not all that upset...

6. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

Everyone said to be looking out for an angstball on this episode, but I think we already got through the angst so far. Like you said Sarah, she didn't look like she was going to kill the cocoon anyway... Where did these angsty spoilers come from? Isn't everything gonna be resolved within a week or so? The man has to shave eventually. Okay, I'm pretty much saying that I don't believe that there's going to be any angst in MiaB. It just wouldn't make any sense to me.

And since when did Adz read spoiler boxes? :eek:

And oh my gawd I love a romantic Grissom :). Me and my brother watched and translated that scene eight different times before watching Star Wars. And then I stayed up really late thinking about what Grissom did with the letter. Then I had school the next day, because roads never freeze over on Thursday nights (DUH!). :mad:

About the letter though...I think he sent it, but he hesitated when he wrote the address, cause he was like, "Why the hell do we have seperate addresses?" Yeah, It's optimistic, but it works for me, okay. But I was screaming around the house. Chart topping event. I mean...

1. Grissom wears the Blue Hawaiian shirt for Sara (in bed) :devil:
    2. He shaves his beard for Sara (c'mon, we all know she wanted it all off) :devil:
    3. AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF...He goes all Mr. Darcy for her (yay Jane Austen fans) and writes her an apology/love/i miss you letter. ;)

So for one time AND one time ONLY, I will excuse the *ch-ch-ch-chia* pet growing on his chin, just because he went all Jane Austen with the cursive (B-E-A-U-tiful), classical piano, and poetry. ;)

Edited, because I think Grissom sent her the letter. I don't know why, but I just think he followed through with it.

7. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Maybe Grissom didn't send the letter because he was going to be home soon and decided it would be better to tell her it all in person. You know? If he's writing it, he's thinking it. He knows that if that goodbye was akward for him then it was horrible for her. He KNOWS he can't communicate with her very well... so he wants to try and break out of that cycle by telling her to her face how much he missed her.

I'm a letter writer extrodinare - I would rather sit down and spill it all out to a peice of paper then to look at another person and say just about anything. Because I KNOW I'm better with the written word in most situations. Writing allows you the chance to think over what you are going to say so you don't come off sounding like an ass. And since we all know Grissom has an issue with being a jerk when he allows words to spew from his mouth...maybe he wanted to take the safe approach. Which is part of why I love him so much - he's as akward as I am.

And sometimes when I know that something actaully NEEDS to be SAID I will write out what I want to say - I will cover everything that needs to be covered... so that I'm prepared for the words to come out of my mouth. It helps.

Though I have never gone so far as to put it in an envelope and address it. So.. yeah. I dunno.

But maybe it's just Grissom being Grissom and thinking that she's going to think he's an idiot or something when she gets it (even though I know that I would just MELT) he's still unsure of himself.

Or maybe he was struck at the fact that he (possibly) wrote his OWN address on the envelope because that's where she's been spending most of her time, so that's where he sees her - but he really doesn't know that that's where she's staying in his absence and it freaks him out a little bit, he doesn't want her to assume that he's assuming.... is this making sense at all?

Because, lets face it, these two have so NOT been talking while he was gone.

And maybe that's why he sent the stick (I still laugh) to the lab. Because it's a safe place that she's always going to be at... He couldn't be sure she'd get it at his place - and couldn't assume she was staying at her place either.

And to send THAT letter to the lab? Would have been downright dumb if they are still trying to keep that relationship a secret.

Though... he could have slipped it into the box. Unless that was a current scene... which is kinda what I'm leaning towards.

*sighs*

I love GSR. And it's been a long three weeks with half of it missing.

Oh and Alyssa looks like we have something in common. I loved the post it pile on his desk... I have so many different colors and shapes of postits it's probably not normal. I love post its. I've got heart shapes and star shapes and rectangles and circles and squares all of varying colors... I have big post its ans small post its... in standard yellow, pink, blue, green, and this really tacky shade of almost orange.

I love Post-its.

But not as much as I love GSR.

That is all.

8. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

I liked this episode. I don't think it was the best one they've done all year or anything, but it was good - it was one I could rewatch and enjoy. I did think it odd that Nick was so polite to Keppler after last week, but Nick is still a gentlemanly guy - it'd be interesting to see him around Catherine and how he reacts then. Agree that actually watching Warrick work a case is all too rare a phenomenon. It'd be nice to see more of Greg - I hope that his storyline with the suit won't get cut or anything like that. Catherine wasn't so much in this one - and, hang it all, even after every stupid storyline and WTF characterization they've done to her, I still like seeing MH on my TV screen.

But it was lovely to see Sara working her CSI-mojo after so long - since when has she basically ran with a case, as opposed to assisting or showing up for a minute somewhere? I too thought she'd gotten her "Lady Heather" moment when Jesse appeared on the scene, especially between the hand-holding and the champagne and the roses and the "I'm selling a needed service for the good of the masses" schtick; too bad they didn't run with that idea. Not that I'd think Sara would be tempted to cheat on Gris for a single moment! But if Jesse had just been more self-assured and sexy and eerily perceptive... and, y'know, weren't a filthy murderer... it would have set up a nice parallel to Grissom. I'm just saying.

How nice to see Grissom in this episode! And how nice to realize that he'd ditched the Deliverance II beard! That letter - PERFECT. Perfect in characterization, and perfect in execution - kudos once again, CSI! Although I pity those who made the supreme sacrifice of watching the whole thing over and over in slow-motion high-definition to make sure they got every nuance of the letter; I'm sure it was painful in every respect....

Enjoying all the bits and pieces of interpretation of that scene - not sure I know where I weigh in on it just yet. I rather think that it was meant to show that Gil is thinking about how much he needs Sara at the same moment that Sara, clear across the country, is wondering just how much Gil is willing to let her into his life. In that sense, the letter is like an invitation into his life, and while Sara has been able to call it into being she remains unaware that she is capable of doing so and therefore doubts herself and the strength of her relationship. And because we're still not sure whether or not he sent it, in a sense we can share in (or at least sympathize with) Sara's perception of being unsure and pessamistic about where her future with Gil is heading.

And when you add to this the whole idea of the chrysalis, tying back to "Butterflied", and the notion that this sabbatical is a chrysalis for Gil (and maybe for Sara as well), and the fact that the song playing is called "Metamorphosis II", especially since both Gil and Sara really have undergone a previous metamorphosis with his hearing loss arc and her childhood-issues-instigating promotion arc... the level of depth in this scene is just... it overwhelms me. I expect this level of text and subtext and symbolism and depth when I read a good book... but not from television. This whole storyline with Gil and Sara - it's literature, pure literature.

I know I end every post squeeing about how amazing this season is - but I swear, lately I've been tempted to upgrade the quality of this show to sheer art. I had a feeling this would be a watershed year for CSI way back before the season started... call it a sixth sense, if you will... but in no way did I ever think that TPTB were capable of this. And for some reason, I have a feeling that this is nothing compared to what they'll accomplish by the season finale. Man, my insides squeeze in anticipation just thinking about what's left....

And on that note: has anyone yet downloaded the full version of "Metamorphosis II" by Philip Glass? All afternoon I've been listening to this jaw-dropping, amazingly poignant song, and - no joke - the higher tempoed middle part, especially as it finishes, would make one HELL of a musical backdrop to a sweet love scene... if you get my drift, and I think you do. Now, if you will... imagine such a scene, where glimpses of tender, passionate, knowing intimacy are intercut with the usual sexecution of love and romance that routinely characterizes Las Vegas, especially if it's at the end of one of those sordid-sex-and-death episodes that CSI does every so often... you'd have art, man; you'd have friggin' art. CSI could seriously put itself on the map critically with that one. I really believe that.

Hell, you could even start it off with my earlier Grissom-washes-Sara's-hair scenario! And while we're on that track: the slower parts of the song sure would make one heartbreaking accompaniment to a nice autopsy-shower scene....

I am so evil.

9. Desertwind

Heres' a up close pic. of his "handwritng" pretty ordinary ;) and I think anyone who sits at a computer, or works anywhere has "post-it's" my assortment are rainbow colored in all sizes, sm. med. big...and did he or didn't he mail it, well, we'll soon find out, and I'd love to get a letter like this, for sentimental, and a forever thing, to save in one's momento box :pI got a gal named Sara

[​IMG]

10. SnowAngel58

SnowAngel58 Hit and Run

Today I was watching GSR videos and I realized just how many shippy moments we actually have! Wow, there are so many little things throughout the past six seasons that have hinted to this ship becoming cannon. I watched a series of videos that was over 15 minutes long and I could STILL think of more moments that needed to be added! It also reminded me why I love this ship! <3

I am so excited for Grissom to come back. I missed this weeks episode but I've seen the clips and I LOVE the letter scene. I think it was TOTALLY in character and his face was adorable while he was writing it. I get upset when people say it's OOC. How would they know? We only know Gil at work...not at home or at play.

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I read somewhere over other board, I don't know which one.

This person said, what if Grissom and Sara are secretly married. When Grissom wears look like Hawaii shirt when Sara came out the bathroom, when they took vacation there and got married in the wedding chapel.

I can't wait to see this episode next weeks, When Grissom is chasing Sara down the hall instead of Sara chasing him all those years. I wonders if you guys know who is Grissom is running to? The GSR people get upset over at YDTAW, they think it Catherine is Grissom running to. They don't want Catherine, they want Sara for Grissom to save her from Keppler. Or could be Nick, Grissom seem to very protect of him because Nick trust him more then Keppler.

12. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

i am sad becuase i don´t think in two ending gsr in two episodes in a row, and the 7x15 sara avoid to grissom, and the 7x16 grissom work with catherine no sara,i don´t know but i have bad sensation :(

13. Desertwind

AHHH, on them being married, and out of town don't think so, remember, they were all so relieved that Brass was OK, and then the camera panned over Vegas, and directly to the bedroom? her's I think :p soo that's a far stretch!! but one never really knows anything :( for sure

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I know that. I know that is her apartment. What I meant was, this person got the idea, what if they go out of town and got married after Brass was fine now. I don't think Grissom will leave his people. It not Grissom to leave them behind.

15. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Married? :lol:

No. I don't think so. Grissom couldn't hardly get up the nerve to go out with her...

Somehow I don't see him being all "Hey! Let's get married. It'll be fun!" But you're right - sometimes you just can't know.

And if they WERE married... him sending her the stick would just be that much funnier to me. 'Cause I'm downright NUTS.

And Desertwind, thanks for posting that last picture. He's so... Yummy. *sighs*

I just cannot WAIT until he gets back.

Whether or not we see him and Sara togther... I just want him to come home! It's been far to long. And I miss our geek interaction. I'm anxious to get on with the sara plotline... if it stays as intact as I hope it does. And do we know if there is still going to be 'gift angst'? Or well... ANY angst? Have I mentioned that I'm an angst whore? 'Cause I am. *sigh* I can't believe I obsess about this so much.

That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.