Spoilers in the Big Apple - Season 3 Spoilers Continued

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Great promo, but it's more a promo for CSI: NY in general (using a lot of old S3 and even S2 material) with only a few glimpses of Nelly Furtado in next week's ep.

I've heard that Christina is a big fan of the show and asked to play a guest role. And a while ago I believe there was a spoiler about a singer who had lost her voice,
    :confused: Am I imagining things or does anyone know more about or remember this? :confused:

I don't think that Stella will become HIV positive, but it will be used as a way to get some more attention to HIV and AIDS. And something like this proves perfectly that not only gay people are at risk, but that everyone can catch it. At least I hope that's what they're trying to do.

Anyway, it would be an intriguing (txs Fay ;)) story.

2. VaveAma92

VaveAma92 Police Officer

Yeah probably because Melina supports some kind of that is trying to prevent AIDS in children I think. Oh yeah, stop making fun of Lindsay/Anna. I'll admit she isn't the best actress, but I like her anyway. And I'm a fan of D/L.:) just saying. Look, (to everyone) most of us respect your opinions on not liking her, you could at least ours of being fans of her. that's all i ask.:)

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Even though Stella came into contact with contaminated blood and they did an HIV test..the test will still have to be done again about 3 months later. Basically the initial test right after being contaminated only shows if you are already HIV positive or not. She'll have to have more than one test.

Also, even if she turned out to be HIV positive, that only means she's a carrier (and I'm not saying she will be HIV positive) and doesn't mean she'll end up with AIDS. You can carry the disease for years and also give it to other people though.

It's been widely known for years that is not the only way to catch HIV. Sharing needles to inject drugs is a higher risk than unprotected sex. IMO, it's not right to single out gay people when the risk is just a great for everyone who has unprotected sex. It all comes down to who is a carrier and who is not and how you came into contact with the blood.

I respect the fans who like Lindsay and I respect their opinions but when Lindsay is the center of the spoilers, I will share my opinion even if some fans don't agree with me. I don't think anybody here is making fun of her and I think everyone here knows that I am not a fan of Lindsay and I am definately not a fan of DL.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Sorry, but I don't think that was the best way to phrase it. I haven't seen anybody say "oh yeah, stop liking Lindsay/Anna." And that makes a difference. I might not be a fan of D/L (obviously), and Anna/Lindsay might not be my favorite actress/character, but I never said that nobody should like her, or that they shouldn't say that they do. I respect everyone's opinions, so I certainly wouldn't suggest that the best way for them to return the favor was to keep from expressing their own.

Good point about the HIV thing, 1CSIMfan. Everyone is at risk for getting it.

5. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

This whole Stella storyline sounds intrguing(sp) and freaky at the same time. Chances are nothing really really bad will happened but I'm looking forward to seeing how it will all be carried out. It should be quite interesting but I hope nothing too bad happens to my favourite character :(.

Yep, unprotected sex & sharing needles is two of the big ways to catch HIV. I agree with Rhonda in that saying that only homosexuals can catch HIV is dumb. What about all those drug users or guys and girls that sleep will all these other people? Anyway, I'll save it for another thread that doesn't revolve around spoilers and good spoilers at that heehee.

6. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Maybe I was not clear enough, but I agree. Unfortunately although everyone knows that the change to become HIV positive from any partner you have unprotected sex with is the same for straight and gay people there is still a lot of straight people having casual sex who think they're not at risk at all.

I really hope the writers will use this opportunity to give some attention to the many different ways in which you can become a carrier of the virus.

7. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Haven't they done the HIV scare in virtually every show out there? They always turn out to be fine. And why is it always HIV? What's wrong with syphilis? I'm down with syphilis. Represent.

8. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

:lol: They had a syphilis "scare" on Grey's Anatomy...

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Well, Bones did a rather unique one with Valley Fever, although the quarantine thing was slightly off I think...

10. fly_casual

fly_casual Witness

There was an episode of "House" where Cameron got blood in her eye from an HIV-positive patient. And she freaks out and House is being an idiot, and after all that hoopla, she is negative for HIV. Why is it always HIV? *Why can't it ever be lupus?* ;)

After the way Mac acted in All Access, I can see him being really pushy with Stella about going to see a doctor and get tests *immediately*. Which is, technically, the right thing to do. But he didn't have to be such a condescending snob about it.

I saw the promo for Some Buried Bones, and was somewhat... annoyed. All I learned is that Nelly Furtado was guest starring in an episode of CSI:NY, which is the best show on television. Thank goodness for spoiler threads. If all we had to go on were those miserable thirty second ads, I wouldn't know a thing about the next episode and have absolutely no motivation to watch it.

11. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

I'm sure this is another way to keep us on the edge of our seats until the end of the season, when we'll find out Stella's not HIV positive. But, it's an interesting subplot (though yeah, it's been used before)and I'm totally looking forward to how Melina will portray Stella in this difficult moment.

12. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ I sense another Emmy worthy performance from Melina & hopefully she'll get a nomination too :).

13. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

It wasn't a scare, Alex gave syphilis to Olivia, who gave it to George. It was awesome. Main characters don't get STDs too often. Why is that? NY should do the unconventional. Danny should get the clap.

14. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

:lol: and in true Danny fashion, if he got the clap, he would whine like a little bitch about it forever.

as for the HIV..... I recently completed an internship at the coroners office and one of the autopsy techs recently cut her finger while cutting on a body obviously and they double glove. She went to the hospital and received an HIV cocktail and will just follow-up until she is considered no longer at risk. She was really scared about it, but was more anxious about getting back to cutting the bodies. :lol: She was so pissed that she had to run labs for three or so weeks. :lol:

15. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

Well, yeah, okay. But, still, nothing came of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.