Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Good morning, all (well, it's morning for me).

There is a place for "relatiionship" issues and discussions pertaining to these issues; however, neither this thread nor this Forum is the place for these issues. So if there is particular need to slant the discussions towards that direction then please take it up in the appropriate threads in "Shipper Central".

As has already been said, personal opinions and views can be such that neither the twain shall meet so let's accept it gracefully and leave it as such. There is room enough for all views provided those views come with a bucket load of respect and tolerance for differing views and opinions.

Cheers. :)

*returning to routine caffeine infusion*

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I totally agree about Billy Petersen being taken off as Producer and I will add bring ANN DONAHUE back to Vegas. She produced some kick ass episodes.

The whole tone of the show changed around season two. It became the Marg and Billy show with Sara, Nick and Warrick added. Nick didn't have any personal lines or 'special episodes' until season five, Warrick has to yet have one. Sara's pretty much become 'all about Grissom'. Greg went to CSI Level One and almost vanished.

The shows were still really good mind you, good enough to keep the show in the top 10, so the ratings didn't suffer, but still. I'd love to see some of that magic back from seasons one and two with Donahue at the helm.

*sorry Marg and Billy fans, no offense.

3. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

Your list is perfect vegaslights. I've often wondered if they could ever again reach the level of S2.

And ITA about bringing back Ann Donahue. They've lost way to many of the people who helped set the bar so high at the beginning.

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ I'm a Marg fan and I totally agree that Ann Donuhue should come back. From the view of a CSI fan, I agree with you. She did produce some really nice episodes. From the view of a Marg fan, she knew how to write Catherine. She did it much better than any other writer and producer. At least Cath wasn't the drama queen she is now when Ann was on CSI. Not that I don't like Cath!Drama, but you get the idea. :)

And yes I think season 7 is better than season 6, but they're both on the bottom of my list from best to worst. :p

5. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Well, much added to the mix with tonight's episode. Certainly the words "I'll miss you" stirred a few hearts on the way by.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

billy and marg are the leads, they get paid more and have more screen time in their contracts. CSI isn't an true ensamble, its 2 leads, with supporting cast.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree as well, with S/2 being fantastic, because of Ann, and I loved Cath then.. she's so changed now!!! S/1 they were brand new, testing the waters so to speak, S/2 all good eps. and S/3 some OK some not, my fav was S/4 they were all so fine tuned, & really had it down to an art.. and that's when I realized I was a goner for WP, and loved every ep. and than my next fav. S/5.. S/6 blah , except for a couple, and S/7 has been outstanding, the only one I didn't care for was 'Toe Tags" to silly, and as far as WP stepping down as an executive producer, I believe that was part of the criteria, that they offered , to lure him from Chicago, when they offered him this role!! and when George and Jorja were fired, they had what they all made all over the news!! and he makes the most :eek: so anyway CSI rock on ;)

8. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I disagree. Season 2 was ok, but season 3, 4 and 5 were amazing. I don't think losing Ann Donuhue made that much of an impact. Certainly didn't show in the ratings...

9. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

The promo for next week looks interesting. Not sure if you guys saw the pic of Grissom shaking Keppler's hand, but now I'm wondering where in the episode that occurs. Grissom said in the promo that they have to treat Keppler as a suspect...so was he already aware of that at their first meeting? I would think not, but I'm not sure.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Aww but remember promo's can be cut and spliced together, you see one thing but is that really the scene or the context of which it will be shown. ;)

11. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

:lol: All the Ann love. You guys should pop your head into the Miami section every so often, very different story.

I'm okay with most of the spoilers, but I'm still holding out hope for a big Warrick episode this season. Now there'a a guy who's gotten overlooked recently. It's about damn time he got some focus, where is a second 'Invisible Evidence' when you need it?

I'm really intrigued/excited for the Grissom and Keppler interaction too, and I haven't said that about something pertaining to Grissom for a while now.

12. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

basically i will be much more accepting of gsr as a relationship if they can pry the pair apart, coz seriously its so effing boring, its always grissom with sara, and personally i find grissom just plain boring, no matter who he is working with, so i am starting to find sara boring, when we all know she is far from boring.

i just hate grissom and think he and billy are nothing but negative for the show. best ep ever didnt have him in it.

worst seasonn (this one) is majorly focused on him and a gross want to be relationship, its just logical.

and what gets be, is CSI is meant to be about smart people, then why are TPTB so effing dumb?

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Just out of curosity, why do you think he's so negative for it? Just trying to understand better. I like him myself, he's my fave char, but I like understanding other POVs better.

LOL Very true about Ann, CSI_Ali. (happy bday btw)

I am soooo looking forward to next week after seeing the promo. I wanna know what *is* with Keppler lol

14. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

whoiskeppler.com has uploaded 6 new video clips from the next episode 7x15 Law of Gravity.

CSI_Ali Happy Birthday. :) Yeah that's why LV and Miami should probably switch writers.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Gee, what a happy post, why do you watch this show? reading this is just a downer for people who love these characters :(

Accentuate the postive the eliminate the negative

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.