You're Invited: Summer NY Forum Meeting in LA!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Orison, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

Re: You're Invited: Summer Board Meeting in LA!!!

Elise, if you are thinking about flying to Las Vegas and then drving to LA from there, it took my friend and I about 5 hours, because we had to sightsee. :lol: The drive sucks ass, seriously, death valley, nothing but abandoned cars on the side of the road, until you get to the Alien Space Shop or the 'big' thermometer in Baker, CA? I think.
    You can usually make the trip in about 4 hours though. I would either go on-line with travelocity or use a travel agent.

Jorja, As dirty as I know you are, you had better ho your ass to get some money to get to LA. :) I am not taking a 'maybe' from you. :p Fay , same goes for you, there is no 'maybe' in your vocabulary either. Your ass is there. Hey, I supervise criminals for a living, I am used to telling people what to do. ;) (j/k)

Midnight_Tiptoes, I love your sense of humor and cannot wait to meet you in person.

2. doublefe

doublefe Hit and Run

allstar12 & justfriends: where are u in canada? i'm from toronto and maybe we can fly together ^O^
    however, my friend & I are planning to stay a little bit longer, like july 18 - 23/24
    we are still checking out the cost for flight/hotel/car

i really want to come to LA, I want to go to the places that they filmed the 3 CSIs =P

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^^ Nobody tells me what to do :p. Except Carmine & Eddie of course :devil:.

Mrs.G, do you have to know by a certain date when others are coming for sure? It's in my genes to do everything last minute so you probably won't get the "yes" or "no" from me for a while. Or, until somebody else says the first "no" :lol:.

4. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

For a group as big as this, things like dinner reservations should probably be made at least a month in advance. Can't just show up with a party of 30 and expect to get seated EVER. :lol: But other than that, you can certainly wait. Your biggest issue if you wait to the last minute would likely be not having anyone to share a hotel room with if you want to do that because people would likely have buddied up by then. But even for those who decide to come at the very last minute, I'm sure we can figure something out.

5. glam_chic86

^ Sounds good. Thanks. For those willing to take me in I can cook, clean & a lot of other useless, er, important shit as well. Plus, I don't complain if I sleep on the floor or couch, just as long as somebody orders me a certain genre of a certain film :devil:. In exchange I make your bed, bring you frappe & make you lamb. Just don't make me do any weird shit :lol:.

Seriously though don't expect a proper answer from me until at least next month, if that. July is always a busy month for me & so many people I know are having babies. It's like they couldn't wait until August or whatever :lol:.

6. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

If anyone is going to "buddy up" in hotel rooms, maybe you should have a poll on which members snore.

7. glam_chic86

:lol: The same goes for those who talk in their sleep. My brother occasionally talks in his sleep & a few years back I actually carried on a conversation with him even though he was asleep. Luckily he had no recollection of what I talked about. You all should try it one time :lol:.

8. feenx

feenx Coroner

:lol: My brother talks in his sleep…nothing funny ever happens. I sing in my sleep, it’s a weird thing I have.

9. justfriends

justfriends Hit and Run

I don't actually live in Canada. I'm out here on business and am currently in Ottawa. Otherwise I'd be glad to fly out with you. :)

10. glam_chic86

I live in Canada, but on the far west coast :lol:.

Are there any cover charges at the clubs or strip joints? Here at some clubs you gotta pay like, almost 20 bucks to get in & that's just an entrance fee. You don't even get one damn drink & a beer alone is like, 6 dollars. Flipping rip off :mad:.

11. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

Heh, and I know just where that would be. :devil:

but in all seriousness, Jorja, if you were to come to LA, I would even be giving enough of a person to share Carmine with you. ;)

My horoscope last week said that I needed to start planning for a vacation.... :lol:

12. MrsGiovinazzo

Varies by club. Generally if you get there at 10pm when the clubs open, you can avoid cover charges and long lines. Wait 'til 11pm and you're screwed. That's never really made sense to me. The music venues usually do charge cover no matter what time you arrive. Not too bad though. Usually only like $10. It's the having to valet park everywhere in LA that hurts the budget conscious.

Perfect! :D Guess you have no choice but to follow your horoscope then.

13. glam_chic86

^ $10.00 doesn't sound too bad. Here it's the same thing though. You come late you pay more. Seriously though, who really goes to a club at 10:00 :lol:? I like to go at midnight when the fun really begins :devil:.

Awww Thumpy you're sweet :lol:. I just hope there's enough of Carmine to go around. Maybe I should have him last 'cause after me he'll want no more :devil:.

14. MrsGiovinazzo

The girl who wants to walk right in, not pay anything, get served immediately, tip big and get treated right all night. That's who. :lol:

You have fun waiting behind those velvet ropes all night then, baby. You're probably also one of those people who waits until the club closes to go stand in the valet line because you didn't realize that if you left 20 minutes earlier, you'd be home already, instead of waiting on a crowded sidwalk for an hour freezing your ass off. :lol:

That's okay though. Love ya anyway. :p

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

As for talk shows, there's Jimmy Kimmel as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.