Locker Room #15: Single White Male--We Can Fix That

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pixies

pixies Prime Suspect

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I definitely preferred the earlier season 1 and 2 glasses to the ones he's sporting now. And I hate Danny's cheesy "I'm so cool" sunglasses. Those suck.

Not yet. Is there a good storyline for Danny in it?

3. MissMontana

MissMontana Hit and Run

*yay* new thread!!! :D here's my present:

the look

4. pixies

pixies Prime Suspect

Top41 i totally agree! what happened to old dannys sexy tailored suits aswell? sob! i miss danny!! :(

5. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Agreed on all points. Season 1 Danny was freakin' adorable. Season 3 Danny is too close to some People magazine pin-up boy for me. I prefer intellectual appeal over in-your-face sexuality. At this rate, season 4 will open with Danny running down the beach in Pamela Anderson's "Baywatch" swimsuit. :lol:

6. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Since we're talking about glasses, I have to agree with you ladies. I liked the S2 ones better. There's something in the glasses he's wearing this year that doesn't really suit him but since he changes a pair a year I'm not too worried... ;)

7. Mara

Mara Civilian

I think he looks even more mature with the new glasses and the REALLY short hair, but all I've seen from Season 3 until now are your pics - we German fans still have to wait for new episodes.

8. AnotherPlanet

AnotherPlanet Victim

Mrs G - you are so right!!

Season 1 Danny was a little rough around the edges - his face wasn't what you noticed first, at least for me it wasn't. It was more his earnest, geeky little personality. I then found myself looking at him and thinking 'is this guy actually cute, as well as everything else?'. Even then, I wasn't sure and I had to sanity-test myself by asking my sister what she thought!! (She's younger than me, but miles older - if you know what I mean!!). She verified that I wasn't, in fact, suffering from a yet another one of my 'taste-in-men' by-passes....which was a great relief as I do occasionally suffer from that affliction in the real world.

Anyway, I like that understated attractiveness in a man....when you know you like him for what he is, without even realising what he looks like - for me that's real sex appeal.....not the Danny we're seeing in Season 2, and from what it sounds like in Season 3. All that styled, sprayed-on t-shirt, hip sunglasses, channelling David Beckham nonsense is so obvious and ten a penny - I can see guys dressed in that 'uniform' in the pub at the end of my street every night of the week (note I said 'dressed' like that....as opposed to 'with a face like that'......otherwise I'd be transporting my ass out of these pyjama bottoms and down there right now!!).

My point is that I hate it when they assume that what every show needs is a blond-haired, blue-eyed, worked-out, cute guy ordered straight from Cute Guys R Us.

I say untuck those shirts, give us quirky, slightly dishevelled, bed-headed Danny and leave the rest to our imagination!

9. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

Damn ... why didn't we get handcuffs :confused:
    it's not like we all don't want the man in our own shower
    :devil: :eek: :devil:

sliding the washcloth slowly, down his lean, muscular back, watching the soap bubbles run in tiny rivulets enticingly into the small of his back and over his hard, taut buttocks.
    :devil: :eek: :devil:

ps - how do we get our pics to show up in our messages, when I try I only get the url posted, no pic :confused:
    still haven't figured this thing out :lol:

10. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Oh my god. He WAS really cute in season 1. :lol: I say this like it's a shock, but I guess I've kind of just grown up a little or something and this 'sex god' is really visually appealing to me. Season 1 Danny is definitely a lot cuter and definitely more of what I'd realistically like in a man in terms of personality than Season 3 Danny. Season 3 is so GQ and untouchable.

Hmm...patterning between character and actor? :p

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I wasn't attracted to Danny initially in season 1. I know he was still a cutie, but I just wasn't crushing on him--it developed as the character grew on me. :p He is definitely 'hotter' now, but that's not usually my thing, so I think it really has a lot to do with the character himself. ;)

to post a picture, you use the [*img][/*img] tags around the url for the picture, tiara. ;) (Removing the *** of course.) :D

12. CynRyn

CynRyn Witness

huh? ummm... I don't see any difference *sheepish* Can someone explain to me how they're different? Is it the color? From what I see they are all bottomless rimmed, rectangular lensed w/ metallic frames. I'm missing something here. Please help!

Re the change in appearance: In s1 I saw danny as being boyish cute, but through s2 and now into s3, his style has matured to that of a confident, well-groomed man. (IMHO)

OT: Is it my birthday? There were two NY eps tonight! Altho I really wish they'd played the re-run at 8p as I'm sure many peeps were expecting to see the new one at 10 and so might have missed it. I know if I'd been in class I would have. Also, I'm really confused because the 8pm ep was listed as a new ep... but Anna was thin and not pregnant?

EDIT: OK I'm watching the re-run (the one with Kid Rock, can't remember the name of it) and I see that his glasses here were full rimmed thin silver frames. What's the difference between the other two?

13. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

There is no difference between the season 1 and 2 frames. He got a new pair right after Trapped, the ones you see in the rerun you're watching now. The ones he's wearing now are a little bit more, well, feminine looking. :lol: They're also black, the first pair were kind of a brownish/brushed chrome color.

14. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

Holy mother of tacos, those arms give me hot flashes! *squee!*

Ok, I like his glasses, but I have the same pair, so that's probably why? :lol:

15. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

Thanks Fay - let's see if this works.

lookie what I made. The pic is blurry, damn camera, the bottom ones are the top ones turned over.

[​IMG]

And I love the details in this pic now I've lightened it.

[​IMG]

And this one I call BABY GOT HALO cause it looks like he's got one. Always knew baby was a devil in an angel's disguise
    :devil: :devil: :devil:

[​IMG]

And of course we all want to bang him here... :devil: :eek:

[​IMG]

Mrs.G - hope you are enjoying that little novel I emailed you ... :devil: :devil:
    you did get it didn't you :lol: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.