Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxRox

FoxRox CSI Level Two

Sara-focus is long overdue. Last time was S5. I´m happy when any of the young turks (incl Greg) gets quality airtime really.

However. I hope this ep is NOT about her and Grissom. Lately Sara´s existing as Grissoms appendix (they only show her reacting to what HE does). Let her interact with the other characters and have her own life. She used to have evolving relations with Greg and Nick. I mean Redrum was great.

I agree. Grissom does not make her happy. He just keeps her guessing.
    Speaking of which. Spoilers are mixed on this subject but it seems GSR will hit a rough spot (I mean rougher than the stick-in-the-box) by the end of the season. And it may be caused by Sara´s past combined w Grissom´s problem w communicating.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Hey FoxRox how are you.. thought you'd dropped off the face of the earth.. and, I see the total opposite.. she's always extremely "happy" when she's around him.. smiling and estatic, and in a up-beat positive mood.. he's her "main squeeze" and she's stuck by him..through thick and thin.. and he with her!! and it payed off!!! she understands him, and lets him do his own thing, and that brings her complete fullfilment, in all area's :pand the cute gift he sent her, and her sweet grin, after opening it!!! I see a long future with them being together.. my opinion, and if this wasn't what the majority of fans wanted , it wouldn't be happening.. at the end of S/6 in "WTG' their were polls all over the net, and I remember two particulary, one was 60/40 for, the other 80/20 for.. that's why, the writers are going this route, and if WP, didn't want to go down this path, it probably wouldn't!! and their will be some strong moments coming up with them!!I guess I just look at it this way, if they were featuring another paring, I'd accept it, and embrace it, and go with it!!! I just hope they would feature Warrick, and his tumultuous marriage, and feature him, in some up-coming eps. he deserves it, they've all had their turn, now it's his time!!!

3. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

We used to have more episodes where their cases weren't murders, too...like the stolen painting Warrick and Cath worked. There are other crimes to investigate beyond murder.

I'm glad Sara will have a larger storyline in an episode, finally. I think she averaged about 2 minutes an episode all of season 6. The writers never actually went anywhere with the storyline about her mom. Perhaps they are finally picking up that thread.

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Also in Chasing the bus Catherine finds the guy alive in the car who later died.

Speaking of Catherine she is the only one not mentioned in this Sara-centric episode, wonder where she is? I'm not sure if I am looking forward to this one, Sara is my least fave character but it does sound intense nonetheless.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^Catherine has had plenty of screen time, so it's time to share.

6. Desertwind

^EXCATLY.. thank you!!!

7. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

desertwind how can u possibly see sara as being happy? she looks miserable...

and i dont blame her, being around grissom would be enough to make me miserable, let alone being stuck in what can hardly be called a relationship with him. i want billy off producer duty so someone can give the show the good kick in the ass it needs to get it back on the tracks.

it has crashed and burned

8. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Ok, I don't want to get into a GSR debate, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. I think they make each other very happy, but I do think right now they're in a rough patch, and many real life couples hit them from time to time. So, I'm going to leave it at that.

Back on track: I'm super excited about a Sara-centric episode because I'm a Sara fan first. And, from what I know about the episode, the parts with Sara are about SARA and not about GSR. And, that excites me. I know, shocker, a GSR fan who's more excited about her fav character, but I really am. I'm glad to see her getting a little attention.

I saw the picture of Keppler meeting Grissom, and I'm really intrigued by it, because some of the media outlets used the word "encounter" to describe their meeting... I do wonder if it'll be tense in light of all that's gone down in Grissom's absence.

9. Desertwind

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I thought the rough spot was when Gris got back...things look up a bit based on the more recent spoilers.

11. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

yeah, people completely missed how upset she looked when he left, and then when she opened the box, she smiled for a little bit, then GSR fans seem to have missed how hurt she looked when she couldn't find a note.

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Didn't miss it at all. As I said, I think they're in a rough patch, right now. Lots of relationships have them. It actually makes me happier about the GSR relationship, contradictory as that might sound. I like to see some real frustration and that it's not all veggie burgers and flirty looks. It gives the relationship substance, to me, to see some sandpaper action.

I definitely see that she's hurting, right now, but I think it'll make them stronger in the end. Because, goodness knows, I've had a lot of rough patches with my fiance. The great thing about rough patches is when you come out on the other side, changed and better for the experience, and hopefully a little closer to one another.

ETA: I think, sometimes, non-GSR fans think we miss the angst, but that might be because we rarely discuss GSR in here. We'll touch on it, but we keep the indepth conversation in our thread in "Shipper Central." And we did notice that things aren't right. We've been talking about it for ages, since we first got spoilers about this arc. So, maybe some aren't aware, but most the GSR gals and guys on this board who are spoiled do notice it. We just don't always talk about it out here.

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I think what FoxRox and Heartagram meant, when Sara was depressed in season 4 and 5, I didn't know what going one with Sara, I was thinking Grissom did put her down, not like he did that on purpose, he is not good with people, 'till I watch Nesting Dolls, now I know why she is very depressed beside drinking, because of her mom killing her dad or beat all the time by him.

Before I forget, Sara did took the hardest one because the team break up, she hates it because the boys are are not there with her. Do you ever notice Nick sad too because Sara and Grissom are not there. Nick enjoy working with Sara and Grissom.

After Graves Danger, when Grissom want his guys back, now Nick and Sara are happy now and working together again.

14. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Ah, but remember that Sara said before that she tries smiling so as to avoid vomiting, so maybe...<vbeg>

Seriously though, I think that Jorja just has one of those faces that have a naturally serious expression. Some people always look as if they're about to smile, others don't, and I think JF is in the latter category.

15. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

^^ Obviously Sara is one of those persons who are a master in acting and forcing smiles. ;)

But I'm not saying Sara is unhappy around Grissom. Though I'm very much against the entire Grissom/Sara relationship, I have the guts to admit she's been looking good this season. She does seem happy to me when she's around Grissom. Part of me, however, is sure the relationship wouldn't work in real life, simply because a supervisor—and certainly Grissom—wouldn't sleep with an inferior. That's why the story line is unbelievable to me. Also, it looks like the writers don't know how to handle it; they couldn't even show us how they got together! If I were a GSR-fan this would really upset me. And although I'm a diehard Nick/Shipper shipper I wouldn't want them to get together either, really. Relationships on the show just don't work. At least that's how I see it.

So back on topic... spoilers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.