Tea and Scones ~ english thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guest, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I'm very much looking forward to 'House MD' returning as well as the new CSI seasons (NY and LV). I think it's due to start airing in March on Five. The wait seems to be taking forever! :(

I miss my weekly dose of the wonderful, gorgeous Hugh Laurie. :D

2. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

OMG yeah House I love House I think Hugh Laurie is marvellous and I miss seeing the delectable Chase on our screens.
    Roll on March!

3. csi_fan_uk

csi_fan_uk Police Officer

Woohoo! :D House in back in March? I can't wait - it seems likes it's been ages since the last season.

4. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

the second half of lost season 3 should be starting again soon

5. csi_fan_uk

^^ It sure is! Sun 11th, Sky One, 10pm. Then there's new series Heroes on the Sci-Fi channel on Mon 19th, 9pm - I don't know what it will be like but it sounds good! Oh, and Bones is also back on this month. Mmm, Sawyer, Sayid and Booth all returning to my screen *thinks happy thoughts*...

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

What! Lost starts up again on the11th February? :eek: I've missed it so much.

7. wibble

wibble Corpse

^ Aw, I can't watch Lost because I don't get Sky on my TV :( Oh well, I have Waking The Dead (BBC), Prison Break and CSI LV (new series starts on channel 5 tonight!) to keep me occupied instead :D Good 'ole Channel 5! :) though I can't believe Sky outbidded channel 4 for the rights to air Lost - they paid about £20 million for it!! :eek: (I think). And channel 4 refused to pay that much, though I don't really blame them, lol.

8. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Seems that Sky just wants to steal everything. The Premiership games...then Lost. Hmpf. :rolleyes: Just means the common man cannot watch the shows he wants cos he just cannot afford Sky. If Sky thinks that it's going ot get more people by doing that tactic, they are dead wrong. Who could afford their fees, £32 a month?! :p

Can't wait for CSI tonight!!! :D

9. Tinkerbell

That really sucks wibbs. :(

I'm a little put out that Sky brought the rights to it, I preferred it when Lost was showing on channel 4, now it's on Sky I can only watch it on one TV as my TV’s only able to get the five standard channels, it's not a big deal watching it downstairs on the family TV, but I have to wrestle with my dad to watch it. :lol: So far since it's started on Sky my sister had taped it all on SKY plus (a wonderful invention :eek:) and we both watched the episodes together. :)

10. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Can't believe I haven't found this topic before now.

It is annoying when any digital channel gets the rights to programmes. More often than not they mess with the times and days, then take things off completely without telling you.

I'm more annoyed with Channel 4. They have a habit of showing half a dozen episodes of something and then taking it off. I was so mad when they did this with Without a Trace.

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^Oh, Channel 4 annoyed me a lot with that! Without a Trace should not be messed with (I love it!)

Yeah, I feel bad for you wibbs, Sky love to steal good programmes, but for £20 million they can have it, I'm sure it's not even that good! At least you can get updates from the Lost thread here, and my guess is that they will stay lost for a couple of seasons yet. :lol: (sorry, I don't watch it, I assume they aren't really just lost, because that would be dull).

We can only get digital on one TV too, but it's not a problem for me as there are only two of us in the house, and I have never yielded the TV to the husband yet, apart from to watch Top Gear! ;)

12. Tinkerbell

Oh that reminds me, if any of you don't visit the Lost thread (in my wonderful forum *sniggers*) through fear of being spoiled (as the US are normally so far ahead), it turns out the UK and US are on the same break. :eek: They start up again on the 7th February, so they're only a few days ahead. :eek:

13. csi_fan_uk

^^ You are tempting me towards your thread... :lol: :D

I agree that its annoying when Sky buy programmes that previously ran on terrestrial. This happened to me with Star Trek: the Next Generation when Sky stole it from Channel 2 in the 90s (wow - I feel both old and uber-geeky admitting that :p). As soon as I bought my own home, I sold my soul to Sky. I haven't looked back. Sad but true.

The Lost situation is still annoying though as part of the joy of watching Lost was discussing the episodes and plot (and shirt-off action :devil:) with my work colleague. She doesn't have Sky so half the fun has just been taken away. Although, it obviously sucks far more for people who don't have Sky. Especially as I've been advised of a thread full of people to discuss episodes with ;)

14. Tinkerbell

Me? Little innocent me? Now would I do something like that? *coughs* :lol:

15. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

The one good thing about Sky though is that we seem to be getting programmes quicker than before. By that I mean when they are shown in the USA it normally took about a year before we got them. Not with Lost we are in the same place and I believe it's about the same for Prison Break.

Elsie I agree with you. I loved Without a Trace until it disappeared without a trace (couldn't resist).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.